forum Your Personal Venting Space 3: Tokyo Drift
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 147 followers

@someone_who_occasionally_writes_

Is it bad that I'm not patriotic?
Like, is that a bad thing?
America is racist, homophobic, transphobic, and overall just gross.
The system is really fucked up, crusty old politicians rule the government, and they only do it for the lifelong check. Everything is corrupt, I'm hated for loving men instead of women like, what is there to be proud of about America?

"Oh yes, I'm very proud of my country and the 300+ years of slavery."
"Damn I am proud to live here with its police brutality."
"America! Land of the opressed, home of crusty politicians."

Like honestly, am I a bad person because of this??

@Becfromthedead group

I'm not really patriotic. Just grateful to be born into relatively good circumstances, yknow?
I don't care about made up countries. Just the people that make them up.
Being critical of the country you live in is important to making it a better place. When we smile and act like everything is perfect here, we ignore the problems that are literally killing people.

@berlioz

cw: shooting

Deleted user

I get that, I am thankful that I was born in a country where you dont get executed for being gay.

Unfortunately I was not as lucky (Ukraine, I was born in, and my current area of residence is conflicted but either country, Ukraine OR Russia our gay rights are not so good…) but I am still thankful that especially for my religion, my family is accepting of me. I just hope things improve in the future.

@someone_who_occasionally_writes_

I get that, I am thankful that I was born in a country where you dont get executed for being gay.

Unfortunately I was not as lucky (Ukraine, I was born in, and my current area of residence is conflicted but either country, Ukraine OR Russia our gay rights are not so good…) but I am still thankful that especially for my religion, my family is accepting of me. I just hope things improve in the future.

Im so so sorry, I sincerely hope that things improve for you.

@Max_Miracle_DroppedMostOfTheirRPs

It sucks that we have to worry about stuff like that. I remember the day after election results came out, when I was getting ready for school I automatically started thinking about what I should wear that would make it hard for me to be seen and easy to run in.

@wren-has-mommy-issues group

It sucks that we have to worry about stuff like that. I remember the day after election results came out, when I was getting ready for school I automatically started thinking about what I should wear that would make it hard for me to be seen and easy to run in.

yeah, that's sad. we shouldn't have to fear for our safety, especially at school, where we're trying to get an education. (or in some cases it feels like we're being forced to get an education but same thing)

Deleted user

Happy(ish) vent here.

Glad my partner and I are no longer officially together. I’ve opted to distant myself from him but I didn’t immediately cut off ties either because I want to make sure that he gets help. But I could definitely see it was a bad relationship where one person was only taking but not giving. I remember the one time I vented on here about it I think everyone agreed it was bad. Also, as a 17 year old I didn’t know how old he was exactly because he lied about his age all of the time and that was one of the things I wasn’t comfortable with. I don’t want to potentially be in a relationship with someone several years younger than me or several years older. It’s a slow process but overall I feel as though a weight has been lifted off of my back.

@Becfromthedead group

Looking for apartments is a pain in the ass omg
And like I need help from my roommates but so far I'm the only one who's put any effort in to get us a place to stay

@moss

im sooo hungry but i still have to wait two hours till i can eat ughhhh

Are you fasting?

yes