forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

Deleted user

I need help, now I'm in Algebra 1 and we are starting functions (ordered pairs, mapping, tables, and graphs), my question is why am I now just learning what mapping is but I've been using tables, graphs, and ordered pairs since the 4th grade. To me that doesn't make any sense…

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

I need help, now I'm in Algebra 1 and we are starting functions (ordered pairs, mapping, tables, and graphs), my question is why am I now just learning what mapping is but I've been using tables, graphs, and ordered pairs since the 4th grade. To me that doesn't make any sense…

The education system is so broken that I fear that there's no fixing it.

Deleted user

The education system is so broken that I fear that there's no fixing it.

So true

Deleted user

My grandma should have listened to my mom, she told her not to get so many big plants because of our cat Jenga but she wouldn't listen and apparently, Jenga just ate like half of one side of the plant and threw it up on my grandma's bed

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

My grandma should have listened to my mom, she told her not to get so many big plants because of our cat Jenga but she wouldn't listen and apparently, Jenga just ate like half of one side of the plant and threw it up on my grandma's bed

E P I C
(But major oof tho…)

Deleted user

E P I C
(But major oof tho…)

A big major oof, the stain bled through the blanket and on her new bed sheets

@Relsey

So Functions are a concept not usually learned until Algebra or Math 1, Mapping is a concept used pretty much exclusively for teaching functions and even then it's not used often, it's more used to understand the concept of functions and to understand what exactly a function is and is not . Graphs, Tables, and Ordered pairs are all used for other math concepts, Mapping is a simple concept, it's an easy one that could be taught at an earlier age but really it doesn't need to be, it's not relevant.
That's my understanding of it anyway, hope it clears that up for you.

Deleted user

So Functions are a concept not usually learned until Algebra or Math 1, Mapping is a concept used pretty much exclusively for teaching functions and even then it's not used often, it's more used to understand the concept of functions and to understand what exactly a function is and is not . Graphs, Tables, and Ordered pairs are all used for other math concepts, Mapping is a simple concept, it's an easy one that could be taught at an earlier age but really it doesn't need to be, it's not relevant.
That's my understanding of it anyway, hope it clears that up for you.

Oh ok, thanks, cause I was like, I'm in 9th grade and I'm just learning about this

@Space group

Those are really easy subjects once you get the hang of it. But 100% schools do a pretty crappy job of teaching the material. If you don't understand what your teacher is saying and his method of doing it, a quick online search will usually help out tons. Look through the videos online until there's a method of solving the problem that clicks with you and you understand. People learn differently and just because it's the method the majority of your class uses DOES NOT mean that's what you're required to use. If you don't understand it, find a way that makes sense. And let's be honest, everyone knows that Indian guy on youtube explains math so much better.

Deleted user

Those are really easy subjects once you get the hang of it. But 100% schools do a pretty crappy job of teaching the material. If you don't understand what your teacher is saying and his method of doing it, a quick online search will usually help out tons. Look through the videos online until there's a method of solving the problem that clicks with you and you understand. People learn differently and just because it's the method the majority of your class uses DOES NOT mean that's what you're required to use. If you don't understand it, find a way that makes sense. And let's be honest, everyone knows that Indian guy on youtube explains math so much better.

SO TRUE! They really do explain it better🤣, Well thanks for the recommendation!

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Side note, Just looked at your Bio cause I'm bored out of my mind.
Dom you've read Les Miserables? I don't know anyone other than myself who's made it through the Brick.

I loved it so much. Took me forever though. And that part about Waterloo nearly killed me of boredom. I laughed. I got really sad. I bounced up and down when Thenardier was luring Valjean to his house and Marius and Javert made a plan to bust it.

I have as well!

Book club time! Marius is a useless emo but I love him anyways.

:D I'm more of a Grantaire person but yess

Oooh yeah he’s interesting

@ElderGod-Icefire

Side note, Just looked at your Bio cause I'm bored out of my mind.
Dom you've read Les Miserables? I don't know anyone other than myself who's made it through the Brick.

I loved it so much. Took me forever though. And that part about Waterloo nearly killed me of boredom. I laughed. I got really sad. I bounced up and down when Thenardier was luring Valjean to his house and Marius and Javert made a plan to bust it.

I have as well!

Book club time! Marius is a useless emo but I love him anyways.

:D I'm more of a Grantaire person but yess

Oooh yeah he’s interesting

(fuck I almost reported the post instead of replying–)
But anyways Enjoltaire?? I will fuckin die on that hill

@Space group

Personally, I don't really ship people, but like??? The Fanart is so pretty??? Like how???

@ElderGod-Icefire

Personally, I don't really ship people, but like??? The Fanart is so pretty??? Like how???

It's canon and I will stand by that statement for the rest of my life. Victor Hugo 10000% intended for them to be read as romantic pining on the part of Grantaire and you cannot convince me otherwise. And oh my god Y E S the fanart is absolutely gorgeous

@Space group

There is a book?! I watched the musical with my dad and loved it. Now I have to read that.

Uh, I'm not sure what your reading level is but I think for a younger age group it will be a difficult read. Try it out tho

@ElderGod-Icefire

There is a book?! I watched the musical with my dad and loved it. Now I have to read that.

Uh, I'm not sure what your reading level is but I think for a younger age group it will be a difficult read. Try it out tho

oof yeah that book is a chonk (took me a month and I'm a very fast reader with a high reading level, so uhh)

@Space group

It's canon and I will stand by that statement for the rest of my life. Victor Hugo 10000% intended for them to be read as romantic pining on the part of Grantaire and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Observe: "According to the book, Grantaire "loved and venerated" Enjolras, and they died holding hands. Hugo also compares them to several historical pairs of homosexual lovers, and their subplot does sound an awful lot like an unrequited love story."
point proven? lol

@Space group

oof yeah that book is a chonk (took me a month and I'm a very fast reader with a high reading level, so uhh)

Omg same. In 3rd grade, my teacher was literally like 'Screw it" and sent me to the middle school library because my reading level was way beyond the usual for my grade.

@ElderGod-Icefire

It's canon and I will stand by that statement for the rest of my life. Victor Hugo 10000% intended for them to be read as romantic pining on the part of Grantaire and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Observe: "According to the book, Grantaire "loved and venerated" Enjolras, and they died holding hands. Hugo also compares them to several historical pairs of homosexual lovers, and their subplot does sound an awful lot like an unrequited love story."
point proven? lol

also! when Grantaire dies Hugo used a word that in French has a double meaning: it can mean something along the lines of being struck by lightning (fast but painful death I think) but the important part is that it can also be translated to a sudden realization that you are in love with someone and that was the word/phrase that Hugo used when Grantaire died, whilst staring at Enjolras

@Relsey

Clutches heart
If you thought Romeo and Juliet was sad (and not a comedy like intended-)
Then this will definitely hurt more

I’ll one up you, The Song of Achilles

We proudly ship Achillies and Patroclus

@ElderGod-Icefire

Clutches heart
If you thought Romeo and Juliet was sad (and not a comedy like intended-)
Then this will definitely hurt more

I’ll one up you, The Song of Achilles

We proudly ship Achillies and Patroclus

ooh its on my tbr