forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

Also, late as always but Jyn you have read soooo many books that I like. LUNAR CHRONICLES IS LIFE OF COURSE but I recently finished HP for the first time (i know, i know, i'm late to the party) and I started Red Queen & Divergent last year. I never finished either series, idk why.

@RedTheLoveless

Me: learning to play the intro to "For the Dancing and the Dreaming"
My brother, poking his head into my room: You should play louder. I wanna hear.

@HighPockets group

If we're talking about short stories HOW HAS NO ONE MENTIONED GIFT OF THE MAGI THAT ONE REALLY SCREWED WITH MY MIND IN SIXTH GRADE

YES I REMEMBER THAT ONE!

@The-Magician group

School started me off with Darren Shan when I was 9. Never read Harry Potter (much to my mum’s dismay), read the HG books when I was 11?
Read the Divergent books when they came out, don’t remember how old I was.
Started reading the DarkHunter series when I was 13 (because my reading age has always been higher than my actual age), and now here I am with various collections that will mess with the mind and cause you to go through a rollercoaster of emotions that you never even expected 🤷🏻

@moss

Similar to Jyn, my favorite book came from school. My school had this thing called Battle of the Books where you had to read a bunch of books and then answer super-obscure questions about them. This is where I found the masterpiece that is Cinder.

Ik im late but my school did this in 4th grade too! My team ended up winning third place which we were really proud of.

Omg I read The Lottery and another really fucked up but amazing short story (Leg of Lamb I think it was called?) in 7th grade, same with Jekyll and Hyde!

The Lottery is definitely messed up but it was really good! Also, I remember reading the lamb one when I was pretty young and it freaked me out. It's interesting that it was written by Roald Dahl because its really different from the stories he's known for.

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

If we're talking about short stories HOW HAS NO ONE MENTIONED GIFT OF THE MAGI THAT ONE REALLY SCREWED WITH MY MIND IN SIXTH GRADE

YES I REMEMBER THAT ONE!

WE DID THE "READER'S THEATER" VERSION AND WE WEREN'T ALLOWED TO READ IT AHEAD OF TIME (we only knew our roles) AND LIKE THE ENTIRE CLASS AUDIBLY GASPED AT THE END

@Musical_Queen

I have a list of stuff to do and instead I have been spending my days watching Supernatural and making a random gift for a friend and hundreds of stickers and working on Photoshop

@Pickles group

The Giver is honestly one of my all-time favorite books.

Why have I never read this if it's so good.

Dom
Things can be good without you knowing about it

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I want to make a Princess Bride joke relating to that but I'm blanking on what to say
Just imagine that I make a "I am not left handed" joke and it's funny and we all laugh

amusement

nice

Laughing noises

Uproar of boisterous laughter

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I want to make a Princess Bride joke relating to that but I'm blanking on what to say
Just imagine that I make a "I am not left handed" joke and it's funny and we all laugh

amusement

nice

Laughing noises

Uproar of boisterous laughter

sneeze

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

The Lottery is definitely messed up but it was really good! Also, I remember reading the lamb one when I was pretty young and it freaked me out. It's interesting that it was written by Roald Dahl because its really different from the stories he's known for.

Let's be real though. Roald Dahl was a weird dude and no one can deny that.

@Pickles group

Dom

They can?

Yes

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Dom

They can?

Yes

Ah. Good to know.

And you gotta read it!

@Relsey

You're teachers encouraged reading above your age level? My first grade teacher saw me reading "The Box Car Children" and got really upset, she told me that I shouldn't be reading out side of my reading level and took away the book. (My own personal copy of the book that I had gotten for Christmas I was quite upset I stole it off of her desk later) So I was forced to read nothing but picture books for all of first grade and I hated reading them which made me think I hated reading, something I did not grow out of until a particularly delightful teacher in the 3rd grade let me read what ever I wanted.
Curse you Mrs. B, Curse your soul. I missed out on two glorious years for reading because of you.

@Pickles group

In elementary school, we weren't allowed to check out Harry Potter from the school library without being severely questioned and forced to read the first few pages out loud to the librarian

@Pickles group

And in fourth or fifth grade every time we found a vocab in a book, we could mark it and get candy for it at the end of the week. Until I and several other avid readers started going home with a whole bag of candy each week. Then they capped it at ten each. Upsetting.