forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@berlioz

I read it just last year with the class, it's just.. I don't think there are words for The Giver. One of the best books I've read.

@HighPockets group

I read it for school in 6th grade, and I remember everyone freaking out over the ending
Funnily enough, both books that we read for class that year had open endings lol

@Pickles group

I read it in school in seventh grade. Seventh grade me didn't like it, but seventh grade me didn't like much of anything

@berlioz

We read Farenheit 451 last year too, and boy oh boy when I say that book CHANGED me- you better believe it. It also led me to find my all time favorite author, Ray Bradbury.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I read it in fourth or fifth grade, because it was there and I've always been reading a few grades ahead.
I've reread it over and over again, and the ending is still surprising.

@Pickles group

I read it in fourth or fifth grade, because it was there and I've always been reading a few grades ahead.
I've reread it over and over again, and the ending is still surprising.

I feel like the only one who isn't shook by the end

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

Similar to Jyn, my favorite book came from school. My school had this thing called Battle of the Books where you had to read a bunch of books and then answer super-obscure questions about them. This is where I found the masterpiece that is Cinder.

@GameMaster group

We read Farenheit 451 last year too, and boy oh boy when I say that book CHANGED me- you better believe it. It also led me to find my all time favorite author, Ray Bradbury.

I love his short stories but I don’t really vibe with his novels. The plot is always amazing but it always feels very detached from the characters

@berlioz

I love his short stories but I don’t really vibe with his novels. The plot is always amazing but it always feels very detached from the characters

I interpret it differently I guess, because whatever happened to Montag happened to me lol. I was very attached.

@Pickles group

His short stories slap

@HighPockets group

Similar to Jyn, my favorite book came from school. My school had this thing called Battle of the Books where you had to read a bunch of books and then answer super-obscure questions about them. This is where I found the masterpiece that is Cinder.

I found Cinder through my school's library, iirc!
We did Lit Circles (aka like 4/5 person book clubs) and that's where I found The False Prince, which I loved

@Pickles group

I found The Hunger Games in eighth grade in the library when we were forced to check out books. I already knew it existed though. And I found Inkheart (didn't end up reading it though). But I had trouble returning it so I don't use the school libraries. The one at my HS sucks ass.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I got The Hunger Games for Christmas in 6th grade, then I disappeared for like a week to binge-read
Also, this is gonna be random, but:
Throwback to 6th or 7th grade when half the class went to the mall and got matching t-shirts and I felt left out then I remembered that I dislike most of them

@Pickles group

I
I read divergent in fifth grade

Ooh, Divergent was good!

I read it in seventh grade and this kid and I finished Allegiant around the time we had to partner up and do a book project thing on a book of our choice and we both looked at each other like DIVERGENT. He lived in my neighborhood. I don't really like him though. He jokingly (and loudly) called me a furry in the hallway during musical last year when I said I didn't want to sleep with guys or girls

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

His short stories slap

Heck yes they do. I haven't read Fahrenheit 451 (yet), but I've read several of his short stories and they always kinda punch you in the gut at the end.