forum Your Personal Venting Space 3: Tokyo Drift
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 147 followers

@Becfromthedead group

Dude, you wear whatever lipstick makes you comfortable. I know I always surprise my mom when I wear weird colored lipsticks. They may seem strange in the tube then look great on.
Also, finally some good fucking news: we had an application for an apartment accepted. Going to see the place tomorrow, and I'm really excited to finally move in with my partner.

@amber_is_in_a_loop

Does anyone have more experience than me at working through a depressive episode? Cause I have a teaching internship in a couple days and I can't be this apathetic and I don't know what to do

@jupiter-sun-of-sweater-town group

Reasons I appreciate my dad: when my mom was complaining about my makeup choices being too bold, he said, "let her wear what she wants, it's not hurting anyone."
Reasons my dad is questionable: when a man with long hair and some tattoos walked into the restaurant we were at, the first thing he did was turn to me and say "i don't care how great his personality is, if you ever date someone who looks like that, you're over."
I have such mixed feelings on my father and it's honestly a crapshoot whether or not I like him on any given day. He can be really funny and supportive, but he also has anger issues and is overly sensitive about little things.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Does anyone have more experience than me at working through a depressive episode? Cause I have a teaching internship in a couple days and I can't be this apathetic and I don't know what to do

Oof what do you have to do?

@Dayzed forum

So, first, it’s obvious that when someone is in a depressive episode, they’re pessimistic, apathetic and just really really tired so they don’t do anything.
The best thing (in my opinion) is having someone be there for you, even if the depressed person is refusing to do anything.
When you’re in a depressive episode there’s not much you can really do except wait for it to pass. Some might want to distract said person or help them get out more often, and yeah, sometimes that does help but more often than not, you just can’t really do anything except be by their side and offering to help if they need anything.
For me, distraction was the key to just get by another day, but what might work for me, won’t necessarily work for others.

I’ve gone to therapy and one of the things that they try to teach us is coping skills. (I never picked up on that because well, I’m not gonna lie, I thought it was a little dumb (I was very nihilistic at the time)
Anything can be a coping skill if it helps you be in the moment and take you away from your thoughts for a while.
One thing though is that coping skills aren’t always effective, because no matter what you do, at the end of the day depression is a tough thing to fight against and it sucks the energy out of you. You might not want to practice coping skills because your brain tells you that it’s not worth it and it doesn’t matter at the end of the day. (But they do help, if only a little)

So, like I said, having a support system goes a long way. It’s the best thing that could help someone in the situation. Having someone that cares might motivate the person and little by little they might gain the energy to get up and start doing things.
Being understanding and patient with a depressed person can be hard, but I feel like if anything, this is more likely to help someone with a bad mental state.

I’m not sure if this helped- I didn’t have any of these things when I was going through the worst of it so i had to constantly fight against myself to not do something stupid (even though I did several of times).
I don’t know what it’s like to have someone be there for you no matter what the circumstances may be, but if I had to choose something that I know that would have helped me when I was at my lowest, I would choose having someone be there for me and reassuring me that this is going to pass and that the depression doesn’t define who i am and it doesn’t mean that I am a “lazy person” or a waste of space.

@amber_is_in_a_loop

Oof what do you have to do?

It's literally the most high energy shit it's a musical theatre class we have a week to teach a bunch of 6-12 year olds three songs and choreographies

@amber_is_in_a_loop

@Adaras yeah you've got some good points, I think I'm just gonna have go power through. My girlfriend has done something like this before so I'll talk to her tomorrow and see if she has any tips that could help with the teaching aspect

@tungsten fastfood

I have no where else to vent cus she's everywhere else but–

My best friend is so bratty, and I know people have their negatives but she literally complains about everything I do and whenever something makes her even the slightest bit uncomfortable she'll complain about it. She's never thankful for things, always finds reasons to be ungreatful/complain, CONSTANTLY talks back to her mom (which really bothers me LMAO) and the shit she complains about to me is so trivial and petty that it does nothing but pisses me off. Even things I do just in the spur of the moment like say something weird or (like yesterday) put my shirt over my mouth and nose, she calls me weird and questions why I do it. It makes me feel like I'm constantly being questioned which does nothing but make me feel anxious that I'm pissing her off. yay. I think it's bothering me so much becuase it reminds me exactly of how my dad acts. Why can't people just be more fucking greatful? It pisses me off to no end and being probably the stark contrast to her doesn't help at all. Because of that it doesn't feel like she listens to me and I'm beyond frustrated with what feels like being emotionally cockblocked.

Also a less important thing but she uses "she/her" for everyone in irl world but uses "they/them" online when I told her she can use them anywhere. and still calls me fem compliments online and off despite me expressing that it doesn't feel personal when someone does. bother.

@Becfromthedead group

Iirc, you're about to finish high school, right? If you do decide that your friend isn't someone you want to hang around because she makes you feel bad, you can easily ditch her once you graduate.
It does sound like a kind of icky situation. She's complaining about things you do in particular. Friends don't criticize friends. Not like that. Your feelings on that and everything else are 100% valid, and I've been in a similar situation before. It socks, but you're kind of at a point where it will probably be easy enough to drift apart soon.

@Katastrophic group

warning for medical anxiety ig

@Nicolo_Needs_A_Nap

We just had a malicitor front, then a whole new group of alters from a new split, most of which are trauma holders. I don't know how it got to that but it did and now everything hurts from the split headache.

@Relsey

TW for ED's and throwing up I guess I dunno if this counts but to be safe. It's like a bit depressing for the first bit but It's actually more of a hey, I did it, take that brain, and trama.

So yeah that's my little I've made progress rant for the day

Deleted user

TW: excoriation, self harm

This is random and not really a big deal, but I need to get this out. I have a particular older cousin that I've been very close with since I was little. I've even considered her my best friend at some points. I looked up to her and always wanted to be just like her. Now she's graduated from high school and as I'm also a lot older and more perceptive, I'm starting to see a different side of her. She's still the supportive and fun-loving cousin I grew up with, but I'm starting to realize how lazy and unambitious she is. She didn't even attempt to get a job until after she graduated (her family is pretty well-off), and even then she missed her first day and was fired. She has no idea what she wants to do and I've heard that she's only going to college to get a boyfriend. She wants to be like her mother: a stay-at-home mom who never got a permanent job, married a semi-rich guy, and just had a ton of kids. I'm starting to realize that she's not the perfect older-sister figure that I grew up with, but I'm not sure if other family members are blowing these issues out of proportion or I really have been looking at her through rose-colored glasses for my entire life.

@Katastrophic group

I have an email curse where if I email anyone I just never hear back. Here goes another tentative job app, I hope my curse lays off a bit because I really want this job and I'm so tired of getting ghosted.

@Becfromthedead group

God, I feel that. My mom and her parents go on and on about how easy it is just to get a job and even though I tried to explain the ghosting, not picking up the phone, etc, they don't get it.
I even had the same issue in my hunt for an apartment which is crazy because don't they want to make money???
Older gens really do act like we have it was these days when meanwhile they could just walk up somewhere and get a job way back when.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

(I mean that's fair lol)

I mean that's what I'm saying. In the unbalanced world of difference for genders, at least women don't have to Have A Carreer to survive and not be seen as worthless. It seems to me a very valid way to go plus insert speech about how motherhood is very valuable in every way etc.

(I mean that's fair lol)

I mean that's what I'm saying. In the unbalanced world of difference for genders, at least women don't have to Have A Carreer to survive and not be seen as worthless. It seems to me a very valid way to go plus insert speech about how motherhood is very valuable in every way etc.

That is true, I guess my family was making it seem like a way bigger deal.
On a more positive note, my mom talked to another of my older cousins and he's thinking about proposing to his girlfriend! She's so sweet and they work perfectly off each other, I'm definitely rooting for them and want her as a cousin-in-law.

@Katastrophic group

God, I feel that. My mom and her parents go on and on about how easy it is just to get a job and even though I tried to explain the ghosting, not picking up the phone, etc, they don't get it.
I even had the same issue in my hunt for an apartment which is crazy because don't they want to make money???
Older gens really do act like we have it was these days when meanwhile they could just walk up somewhere and get a job way back when.

honestly I don't care if there's a rejection, ok maybe a little, but I'd take rejection over ghosting any day. At least I can move on with my life. and the worst part is some of these are people I've had email chain conversations with. they have my email and know how to use it clearly, what's so bad about saying "sorry but we have a better fit?" so I can continue to do other things.