forum Your Personal Venting Space 3: Tokyo Drift
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 147 followers

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

AH FUCK
THIS DUDE JUST GOT IN A REALLY REALLY BAD ACCIDENT OUTSIDE MY HOUSE, LIKE THE TRUCK FLIPPED A FUCKING LOT.
They- they say no one was injured, but I'm quite literally about to have a panic attack, I- jesus fuck nonono

@larcenistarsonist group

I feel so stupid. I almost broke down because somebody insulted my intelligence as a joke, but I dont know why but it seriously got to me and I feel so pathetic because usually I have really thick skin and I just-

My intelligence is the only thing I have ever prided myself on. I'm not talented, athletic or pretty and a 4.0 GPA is the only thing I got going for me

Deleted user

Deleted user

Hey, can we put shooting related stuff under spoilers/triggers?

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

NEW RULE:

@saor_illust school

That you cannot listen to music on a Chromebook

I've been hearing music on a Chromebook, through youtube. . .

oh i loved using yt music
back when my smol chromebook worked

Deleted user

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

@berlioz

I doubt there's anything she can do if it wasn't directed at you and didn't happen in front of her. But if you think she'd be more compassionate than that, and you think it'd be worth it to tell someone, then please do. I'm sorry you had to hear that. It's always weird when loose language to some is upsetting to others.

@furetakunai ac_unit

Y'all ever just, thinking about someone and you're all like, "this person is the best person ever, I'm so glad we're friends, I love them so much."

And then a little later you're thinkin' about em again and you're like, "I can't fucking stand this person, why I do even associate with them?"

But then a little later you're right back to loving them and get sad that you ever thought that.

Probably not.

Deleted user

God, that moment when you really need to talk to your therapist about perhaps having APD but can't becuase she's a white cis boomer who doesn't understand anything I say

@moss

i don't know what im gonna do in the future. I can't afford to pay for college and im not good enough for any scholarships. And even if i find some way to pay, idk what i'd want to do. Like idealy i want to go to art school but it's really expensive and will put me in debt and the salary for artists is pretty low. But im also scared i'll end up in some job i hate for the rest of my life akjhdhgh

@saor_illust school

Oh yes thanks to the only irl fren I can reliably keep in contact with that doesn't include discord.
I love when you flat-out tell me that my singing voice sucks, that's just what I needed to hear today-

Deleted user

so impostor syndrome right?
well, dumb brain says "haha what if you're faking depression and you just want people to feel sorry for you"
and i'm flipping SICK and TIRED of it
i want to shut my brain off
i want to run away

and it doesn't help that i am also severely anxious all the time
so then i just sit and suffer

aggressively tries not to cuss in this next part

and WHO IN DATACAT'S NAME THOUGHT THAT AMPLIFY WAS A GOOD PROGRAM TO DO SCIENCE ON
why does this exist

@Katastrophic group

i don't know what im gonna do in the future. I can't afford to pay for college and im not good enough for any scholarships. And even if i find some way to pay, idk what i'd want to do. Like idealy i want to go to art school but it's really expensive and will put me in debt and the salary for artists is pretty low. But im also scared i'll end up in some job i hate for the rest of my life akjhdhgh

Here's some two cents from an art college person that you absolutely don't have to listen to but I hope it helps:
There are very few artists who work in only art. Most of us have day jobs, and that's okay. I actually work as a secretary at a dance studio, my friend and I are both going into teaching to fund our studio work, and I know many artists who have jobs at grocery stores, book shops, and coffee places. Having a job doesn't mean you can't do art.
As for the college thing, what do you want to get out of it? For me, the most I learned about art was stuff I haven't tried before or things I needed studio space and equipment for (metalwork, ceramics, etc.). I did learn how to critique and manage deadlines, but that's more practical than technical skill. My advice is to find out what you want, and find another way to get it if college is out of range for you. If you need studio space to work, check your local centers or see if any studios rent. For learning technical skills, youtube is honestly so full of resources and I would be happy to recommend some channels if you're into digital or painting in general. The internet has so many great platforms to learn art on, it just takes some self-drive and discipline to make yourself learn, if you struggle with that have a friend call you out and make deadlines for you. Skillshare is also a great site if you can afford it, you can get a discount from tons of youtube channels and it has things like interactive projects and homework.