forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-bomb-didn-t-beat-japan-stalin-did?utm_source=pocket-newtab

This article makes me angry. Not because it's wrong; it's right and I agree with it and think that it's really interesting. It makes me angry because the first time I read it I tried to discuss what it said with my dad, and he kept interrupting me to tell me I was wrong, that wasn't what happened, blah blah blah basically just being a massive bitch and mansplaining and not letting me explain myself before interrupting me, and then playing the victim when I called him out on it and refused to repeat what I hda been saying before he interrupted. That's why it makes me angry :)

Deleted user

How the hell do people get high at school

Being high basically paralyzes me and I love getting high but got damnb I wouldn't be able to function

it's difficult but i just carry eye drops and try to act like how someone else is. i never can actually function but at least it looks like it

@tungsten fastfood

Getting high is fun as hell when it's not at school.

Again I can't imagine it or why someone would, which is a negative thing.
Don't get high in public.

@Katastrophic group

History is wild and deep and fascinating and too much to explore

What a mood

and yet schools only seem to teach the same thing over and over (took 4 years to get a non-european art history class… infinitely more interesting than evangelical art for the third year in a row). In honor of cool history, here's one of my fav stories: In the early crusades, an Islamic force took a town hostage while fighting some Christian crusaders. They had a barbeque in full view and let one person "escape" and tell the crusaders that they ate everyone, effectively scaring them off. The town was then just let go to keep doing whatever they were up to. There are records from both sides about the event, one much more accurate than the other.

@ElderGodSeeba petsbing bing 🐸

I like learning about hiroshima and nagasaki. Its a terrible part of history, but its extremely fascinating.

Did America know how much damage they would do? Did they know that these people would have their skin fall off? Who knows, guess ill have to find out

@squiddicus language

I'm curious to know how much British peeps know about the American Revolution…

I know nothing but I dropped history in year 9, so I asked my friend who takes it for GCSE and she's never covered it either. She has done a few topics on other periods of American history, though.

@Mojack group

History’s my special interest and I’ve been EXTREMELY interested in it, take a history class whenever I get a chance and I actually have one this semester. We just moved onto learning about the Romans. Like we started learning about them yesterday.
My dad and I also have a lot of historical conversations.

One of the things I learned recently was about the Punic Wars and how by the third war, the romans basically destroyed the city of Carthage and killed almost everyone there; on the last day they took 50,000 prisoners but sold them all into slavery. Think “We’ll wipe you out of existence” has some literal meaning here.

I don’t really have a favourite history thing because like I said it’s my special interest. So many things to think about.

I like learning about hiroshima and nagasaki. Its a terrible part of history, but its extremely fascinating.

So do I. It’s the only time atomic bombs have been used in war, and hopefully it never happens again. There’s a few movies I’ve watched about that section in history, about life in those cities when and after the bombs dropped. All of them super sad as well.
Something notable about that as well is that I guess in August of 1945 when they were informing the public they asked Americans if they approved of the use of the atomic bombs and around 85% said yes. Nowadays, media and the internet allows us to know about things quite literally minutes after they happen and a lot of the details too. Something tells me if something similar happened today that percentage would be a bit lower, especially since we have way more information available to the public about what radiation does to the body.

Fun fact: when they were testing the bombs, there was a fear that they would ignite the atmosphere. That didn’t happen seeing as how we’re still around today, but I remember reading something that a few of those who were around to witness the test saying that there was a fear that was like oh no, did it happen?

@HighPockets group

I'll get periodically super deep into specific events or people, usually if they have something to do with another interest I have. Like right now I've been reading a lot on presidential assassins/would-be assassins since I've been really into Sondheim's Assassins lately. Before that it was mostly the Civil War and the American Revolution (mostly as a kid and with more specific focuses on Ulysses S. Grant and Samuel Adams), the 1920s/Al Capone, Oscar Wilde, Mary Shelley, Bonnie and Clyde, Gypsy Rose Lee, and I guess the early 20th century in general
I actually want to look more into pre-WW2 Berlin since I really like Cabaret and I have three Isherwood books that I need to read

@HighPockets group

Fun fact: when they were testing the bombs, there was a fear that they would ignite the atmosphere. That didn’t happen seeing as how we’re still around today, but I remember reading something that a few of those who were around to witness the test saying that there was a fear that was like oh no, did it happen?

Woah that's actually a really cool concept for a dead planet in a sci-fi or something