forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I feel like I’ve hit such a state of ✨s p i t e✨ that whenever I hear some fundamentalist Christian tell women to stop doing something cause “Men prefer ___”, I immediately want to do that thing

like I never cared about getting a tattoo until I was told Christian men won’t like me if I get one, so now I want a bunch of small stars

same with wearing heavy makeup, and piercings for that matter

hell, the thing that made me consider not going by ace anymore was the whole fetishizing virginity crap, like I don’t wanna be seen as more “pure” and “savable” for not liking women sexually, that’s gross 🤢

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Nothing quite like random strangers on the internet assuming you're a straight, cis, christian man based on the fact that you just told them you weren't, and then proceeding to misgender you and try to convert you by shoving bible verses in your face
I was also told I'm pretending to be all this to get simps on world of warcraft? First of all, I have no videos posted, second, wtf is world of warcraft, and third, where the hell are my simps??

…odd

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I feel like I’ve hit such a state of ✨s p i t e✨ that whenever I hear some fundamentalist Christian tell women to stop doing something cause “Men prefer ___”, I immediately want to do that thing

Mood. The misogyny in much of American Christianity is disgusting

@berlioz

hell, the thing that made me consider not going by ace anymore was the whole fetishizing virginity crap, like I don’t wanna be seen as more “pure” and “savable” for not liking women sexually, that’s gross 🤢

This is an interesting topic among the aces, especially those who are surrounded by anti lgbtq and gay-to-straight rhetoric. I don't even know how to begin to talk about it, but being queer and ace in a setting like this is just quite the ride. Like, my mom found out I'm demi. And she doesn't care because to her that means I'm ~saving myself~ for the right person and that I'm free from ~lustful temptations~
But that's just not what being demi is. It's like they want to take ace identities, and like you said, portray them as pure and salvageable. It's like this weird game of denial and uplifting. Of celebrating my chastity, but condemning my disinterest to conform to heterosexual life and culture.
To my church community, I'm chaste, or behind somehow in the game to have a biblical marriage. But to my friends I'm on the ace spectrum, I experience the whole sexual thing differently. I go by a whole different set of rules, one that the church doesn't recognize. Whack.

@HighPockets group

This is an interesting topic among the aces, especially those who are surrounded by anti lgbtq and gay-to-straight rhetoric. I don't even know how to begin to talk about it, but being queer and ace in a setting like this is just quite the ride. Like, my mom found out I'm demi. And she doesn't care because to her that means I'm ~saving myself~ for the right person and that I'm free from ~lustful temptations~
But that's just not what being demi is. It's like they want to take ace identities, and like you said, portray them as pure and salvageable. It's like this weird game of denial and uplifting. Of celebrating my chastity, but condemning my disinterest to conform to heterosexual life and culture.
To my church community, I'm chaste, or behind somehow in the game to have a biblical marriage. But to my friends I'm on the ace spectrum, I experience the whole sexual thing differently. I go by a whole different set of rules, one that the church doesn't recognize. Whack.

Yeah my mom thinks that my asexuality is due to a hormone imbalance and that I'll eventually grow out of it. Like my file at my doctor says "has informed her parents she is 'asexual'" and oh my God nothing fills me with more rage than thinking about that. And I just know that if I tried to go in-depth about my romantic orientation (something I've been questioning lately) I'd get met with a condescending "okay honey, sure" the second I said a 'weird' word like "biromantic" or "demiromantic".
It feels like I'm in this weird in-between of being out and being closeted because technically they know I'm ace, but they don't believe me. They gave a milquetoast "we'd accept you no matter what <3" but having heard the way they (namely my mom) talk about LGBTQ+ stuff, I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing home a partner who wasn't a cis man.

@Nicolo_Needs_A_Nap

PEOPLE KEEP TALKING BEHIND ME WHEN I'M TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE TEACHER IN FRONT OF ME THIS SEEMS GROUNDS ENOUGH FOR REVENGE INVOLVING SHAVING CREAM AND A COFFEEE MACHINE

@spacebluelily language

okay this might be a hot take/controversial but I feel like naming your child "X AE A-12" should be considered abuse

Agreed. The kid will most likely be subjected to bullying because of this

@berlioz

Yeah my mom thinks that my asexuality is due to a hormone imbalance and that I'll eventually grow out of it. Like my file at my doctor says "has informed her parents she is 'asexual'" and oh my God nothing fills me with more rage than thinking about that. And I just know that if I tried to go in-depth about my romantic orientation (something I've been questioning lately) I'd get met with a condescending "okay honey, sure" the second I said a 'weird' word like "biromantic" or "demiromantic".
It feels like I'm in this weird in-between of being out and being closeted because technically they know I'm ace, but they don't believe me. They gave a milquetoast "we'd accept you no matter what <3" but having heard the way they (namely my mom) talk about LGBTQ+ stuff, I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing home a partner who wasn't a cis man.

That's so stupid. I hope sexuality never comes up with my doctor because I don't want them to say I have imbalanced hormones or diagnose my aceness as something wrong. People just aren't hot it's not my hormones' fault lmao 🤷

And although I haven't come out as non-binary yet, I have a feeling the reaction will be full of "no you aren't, that's not even real." I'll still get the typical transphobic stuff, with a side of Bible bashing but if I were coming out as a binary trans person there'd be a lot less "that's not even a real thing," since people don't even take enbies seriously at all. At least not these people.

Now I have to go look up milquetoast

@HighPockets group

okay this might be a hot take/controversial but I feel like naming your child "X AE A-12" should be considered abuse

Lowkey

It's just so painfully tryhard. Like if you wanted to give your kid a unique name, there's plenty of names out there that won't make your kid sound like a robot