forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

I can't stand DEH so I'm not gonna comment on the trailer but yeah
Listen I'm sure there's good music and all but both Great Comet and Bandstand are far superior shows and the fact that DEH swept that year when it's so mediocre…popularity contest :/

@HighPockets group

while we're on women's autonomy, i'd like to be rude to medical professionals who deny choice. If I want my uterus ejected its my choice, not "my future husband" or parent's cause "what if they want grandkids?"
no.
If they want kids they can go and have them.

YES
I'm gonna spoiler-tag this just in case but like

@Katastrophic group

while we're on women's autonomy, i'd like to be rude to medical professionals who deny choice. If I want my uterus ejected its my choice, not "my future husband" or parent's cause "what if they want grandkids?"
no.

YES

heck yeah. Same for me,

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Like when I said I support pro lifers, I mean Dom. I can see Dom advocating for children's rights, but I will not be taking his opinion into account when it comes to abortion. He is a good example of a respectful pro lifer who I can have a conversation with

Imo it's super important to realize that most people want the same things and are trying to be good people and have different thoughts to get there. So important to respect that.

@HighPockets group

no.

YES

heck yeah. Same for me,

Yes, exactly!!
If someone is "the right person" for me, they'll be someone who knows that I don't want to be pregnant and accepts that. If they don't accept that, then they aren't the right person for me.

no.

Yeah you're so right. Too br fair iirc my godfather had to get his wife's consent to do a vasectomy but I think anyone who can pay should be allowed to do that w/o partner consent. Granted you should probs talk to your partner but if it's your body that you wanna unfertilize then that choice should be a one person one.

@HighPockets group

Stop having grown adults play teenagers.

Especially if a big reason why you're casting adults is to have the teenage characters do sexual stuff that a real teen wouldn't be allowed to do
I don't think that's what DEH will do but some shows/movies do and ew

@The-Magician group

Imagine coming home from work at 2am, knowing that you’re not going to sleep until 6am, and having to be up at 7am to take your siblings to school. I really don’t have the energy for this anymore

Stop having grown adults play teenagers.

Especially if a big reason why you're casting adults is to have the teenage characters do sexual stuff that a real teen wouldn't be allowed to do

Big yes.

Which leads to teens feeling the need to be sexual in order to be grown up enough instead of realizing it okay to not have sex until later in life.

@ElderGod-Icefire

I came out to my coworker today?? And it went really well?? We'd already been talking about like, politics and the LGBTQ community and stuff so I knew he was fine with it but I was still pretty nervous about, but yeah. It went well. He says that it sucks that I can't come out to my family and he doesn't understand why conservatives are like that. I just,,,, I really like him (platonically) bc he's pretty awesome lmao and I'm just glad it went well haha

@Pickles group

True Crime Don'ts with Pickles: don't throw a big party and kill your parents. Shouldn't need to be said
I think I might have already done this one because I'm listening to a redo of a case I've already heard

@HighPockets group

Okay hot take but r*pe or threat of it should not be in a movie aimed at anyone younger than 21. Especially if said movie is a comedy 💅💅

I feel like it does depend a bit on the context (haven't seen BTTF so I can't comment on this one). I think if it's dealt with in a respectful way it's fine, but just tossing in gratuitous rape threats to say "see? isn't my setting dark?!" is not it.