Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@saor_illust school

books?
speaking of books

i got the hobbit and the lord of the rings series today :D

Ushdggsgegdgd my favorite series. Have you read them before??

no ;;
ive watched the first two movies tho :D

feeding into my vtuber rabbit hole falling into, i'm still waiting for kiara (takanashi) to schedule the third movie watchalong so i can watch it- hopefully it wont be at 5am in the morning this time so i can stay for the full probably-not-four-hours lmfao

@Moxie group

On the Rick Riordan thing, I think the ideas that "Rick Riordan's representation is not good representation" and "Rick Riordan's representation has helped a lot if people" can coexist. (idk if anyone was saying they couldn't, but that's just what I think)
I follow this person on tik tok who's a film major, and also mixed and they talk about media a lot. They were talking about how Piper's experience as a mixed kid helped them a lot as a mixed kid.

@actual-fandom-trash

I wanna talk more about Rick because I agree with mox
is his representation good? mmmm debatable between the racism, the violent outing of nico, the weird marriage thing
but it can definitely be argued that it was a stepping stone for other books and before others were able to step up and get a little bit diverse, it was what a lot of people had and therefore many kids could identify with and see themselves in
I mean,, nico di angelo has been such an important character to me even if it was a minor thing and his outing was still ~
it was the first time i even knew gay people existed tbh and it was the first time someone kinda told me that "hey this is an okay thing that exists"
so yeah, riordan needs to step up because one of the things I've noticed is that when people do (rightfully) criticize his writing, he ends up denying it or saying that he did his research when, in fact, it was obvious he hadn't and if he had just, consulted someone they could've said it wasn't okay
PJO is still one of my favorite series
people just have to remember that you can love something and still criticize when it's needed

@ElderGod-Icefire

books?
speaking of books

no ;;
ive watched the first two movies tho :D

feeding into my vtuber rabbit hole falling into, i'm still waiting for kiara (takanashi) to schedule the third movie watchalong so i can watch it- hopefully it wont be at 5am in the morning this time so i can stay for the full probably-not-four-hours lmfao

LotR movies or Hobbit movies? Because there is a maaaaasssiiivvee difference, in that the Hobbit movies are…not great and the LotR movies are great
fjgdhb oof

@Mojack group

once you fall into the vtuber hole…you cant get out.

like really though, everyone around me is becoming a vtuber. Well, not literally, I don’t know anyone on notebook who is a vtuber; but a lot of the people I follow on Twitter are either debuting soon or have debuted recently

@saor_illust school

like really though, everyone around me is becoming a vtuber. Well, not literally, I don’t know anyone on notebook who is a vtuber; but a lot of the people I follow on Twitter are either debuting soon or have debuted recently

oh my gosh yeah
i've started to focus on art/school more so i haven't really been waking up at odd hours of the day to catch the streams but yeah
they're great

aaa mojak have you heard about hololive id 2nd gen?
debut debut debut debuttttttttttt~

@Mojack group

oh my gosh yeah
i've started to focus on art/school more so i haven't really been waking up at odd hours of the day to catch the streams but yeah
they're great

I haven’t, actually!

But I took a look at it and it looks neat :>
If I’m being honest, I’m still new to vtubers, it’s only the past few months that I’ve gotten into catching streams.

Also same here, I’m starting to focus more on school, so I haven’t been able to catch as many streams live. But they’re all really good! First gen VShojo recently made their debuts as well.
In addition, a person that I’ve followed for a while (he started as a youtuber, was on youtube for quite a while, then gradually moved to twitch) is becoming a vtuber soon and I’m looking forwards to that (presumably his debut should be in a little over a month from now)

@saor_illust school

oh my gosh yeah
they're great

I haven’t, actually!

But I took a look at it and it looks neat :>
If I’m being honest, I’m still new to vtubers, it’s only the past few months that I’ve gotten into catching streams.

Also same here, I’m starting to focus more on school, so I haven’t been able to catch as many streams live. But they’re all really good! First gen VShojo recently made their debuts as well.
In addition, a person that I’ve followed for a while (he started as a youtuber, was on youtube for quite a while, then gradually moved to twitch) is becoming a vtuber soon and I’m looking forwards to that (presumably his debut should be in a little over a month from now)

ah yeah-

i've really only been watching hololive but thats cool !!
i'll probably look at vshojo as well

@Moxie group

No but they laughed at my carpal tunnel and the fact that I write down my dreams. (Which is why I never tell anyone about that unless I know them :((( I didn't know they were there.) Like NO THATS THE THING I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT

@Pickles group

I'm making my sister watch AVPM in the car with me and it's a bop
She told me about the cute people she's working with in biomed for a project, one of them has she/they pins and regularly wears jackets with flannels and she didn't tell me anything about the other girl

Deleted user

y'all probably don't remember me but
who in the everloving fuck is kay*unfound
dude is cringe on a cringe sandwich

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

books?
speaking of books

Ooh Izzy I’m so happy for you. I also got the Silmarillion yesterday so that’s Cool.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

No but they laughed at my carpal tunnel and the fact that I write down my dreams. (Which is why I never tell anyone about that unless I know them :((( I didn't know they were there.) Like NO THATS THE THING I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT

Bruh did I even know about that?
Also how did they figure out? We’re you writing right there?