forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

I don't really get sad or even shaken when reading tbh, the only things that have ~fucked me up~ have been

1. The infamous Golyn Niis chapter from The Poppy War
  2. Byatt's second spine in Wilder Girls
  3. Literally the entirety of Sadie
  4. The Bathtub Scene from Before The Devil Breaks You
  5. The tracker jacker scene from The Hunger Games

@ElderGod-Icefire

Looking for Alaska! Gotta do that.

The John Green book?

Yeah. I’m on a library craze and why do people even bother doing drugs.

Ah nice! The only John Green book I've read was TFioS, and I disliked it so. Good luck

@Pickles group

So what other books should I put on hold?

I'm debating whether or not to tell to you to read More Happy Than Not. It feels like something you might like, but I can also see you being upset about the world building or something

@croccin-champagne

honestly looking for alaska wasn't bad, when i read it i definitely thought it was better than tfios. it's got some great commentary on women being viewed certain ways by men who want to date/have sex with them, and about how guys perpetuate the not like other girls trope

wilder girls didn't fuck me up that bad, it was more just as i was reading it i was like 'bro icky' about certain things. the hungers games as a whole had some harsh shit tho

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I'm debating whether or not to tell to you to read More Happy Than Not. It feels like something you might like, but I can also see you being upset about the world building or something

Quite possibly. I greatly .edu the wasted opportunity in Mandalorian ep 4.

@croccin-champagne

i went to recommend two books and realized they both featured very gay mcs, but cemetery boys is a nice comfort read for me because it's not too dramatic or fancily written, and i love the characters(cried a lot at the end even tho i saw the twist coming and knew i had no reason to cry). wilder girls is just so great and super surreal. the six of crows duology has great world building(which is more expanded upon in the grisha trilogy) and great characters and if you like heist movies it's perfect

@Pickles group

oh yeah did anyone else read the kiss of deception and the following series? i vibed with that shit, but it took me years to remember what it was called

I didn't get very far in the first book. I should try to read it again