forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Moxie group

King of Scars

How did I just now realize there’s another Grishaverse book?????

kahdsshfgdjk you didn't know about King of Scars??

No who am I????

@Katastrophic group

King of Scars

No who am I????

King of Scars is really good, but I think Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom is better. I might just like the higher action tho. The one after King of Scars is being published soon I think?

@HighPockets group

King of Scars

No who am I????

King of Scars is really good, but I think Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom is better. I might just like the higher action tho. The one after King of Scars is being published soon I think?

Yep, Rule of Wolves is coming in March 2021

@ElderGod-Icefire

Ugh I didn't love King of Scars because it was all about fucking Zoya despite not even being about her, it makes me so fucking mad. I don't fucking like Zoya

@ElderGod-Icefire

D: maybe it's time for a reread, but I just remember not liking that [Redacted] got backseated IN HIS OWN FUCKING BOOK so that Leigh could worship Zoya. And I just don't like Zoya, she's a bitch and not a likeable bitch. Just a bitch

@HighPockets group

Well I happen to stan bitchy YA leads because God knows I won't see an asexual or autistic one so that's the closest thing I'll get to stanning someone who's like me lmao
I mean,,,valid but I love my mean ladies who can step on me

@HighPockets group

Also the KoS cover is ugly sorry not sorry but the Rule of Wolves one is better
Why yes, I am still bitter that Wilder Girls lost Best Cover to KoS, why do you ask?

@ElderGod-Icefire

Why yes, I am still bitter that Wilder Girls lost Best Cover to KoS, why do you ask?

Yes that is absolutely true

@HighPockets group

I think part of it is that she's introduced as just "bitchy YA mean girl" in TGT because that's how Alina sees her and she doesn't really get developed in those ones, so going into KoS we're predisposed to not liking her.

@HighPockets group

Might be slightly biased bc my copy of Wilder Girls smells like flowery perfume (bought it secondhand) and my copy of KoS was dropped and so the bottom is all messed up and I didn't realize it before I bought it-
The under-the-jacket stuff is cool though

@ElderGod-Icefire

I think part of it is that she's introduced as just "bitchy YA mean girl" in TGT because that's how Alina sees her and she doesn't really get developed in those ones, so going into KoS we're predisposed to not liking her.

That may actually be 75% of the reason I don't like her lmao

@ElderGod-Icefire

Might be slightly biased bc my copy of Wilder Girls smells like flowery perfume (bought it secondhand) and my copy of KoS was dropped and so the bottom is all messed up and I didn't realize it before I bought it-

Oof
hhhnnnnnngggg I can't see under-the-jacket stuff on library books bc they tape down dust jackets

@HighPockets group

Oof
hhhnnnnnngggg I can't see under-the-jacket stuff on library books bc they tape down dust jackets

King Of Scars: 9781510104457: Amazon.com: Books

@ElderGod-Icefire

Oof

King Of Scars: 9781510104457: Amazon.com: Books

:O that's gorgeous, I love it

@Katastrophic group

I love me some cover designs, esp. foil embossment under the book jackets. I heckin love the SoC/CK covers cause the image is very clever (ive seen some other book cover copy it, can't remember the name tho) but they're just plain under the jackets :(
bonus points for ripped or colored paper edges

@Moxie group

The fucking under-the-jacket of my SoC is red. Which is all well and good, except the edges of the pages of my book are colored red. Which looks really sick when you have the jacket on. But when you have it off the two different red shades clash so horribly and it’s disgusting and I hate it.

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

I'm playing Among Us for the first time and the first round just ended, I was sussed out AFTER I POINTED OUT THAT I W A T C H E D SOMEONE KILL and it wasn't even for that it was because I was looking at my map in a corner with no tasks lmaoo

@HighPockets group

The fucking under-the-jacket of my SoC is red. Which is all well and good, except the edges of the pages of my book are colored red. Which looks really sick when you have the jacket on. But when you have it off the two different red shades clash so horribly and it’s disgusting and I hate it.

Ew gross I hate that
I have the paperbacks for SoC, Crooked Kingdom, Shadow and Bone, and Siege and Storm, and hardcovers for KoS and Ruin and Rising (bc I found a special one with ~bonus content~)
I want to get this copy of Crooked Kingdom, it's on my Christmas list

@berlioz

I'm playing Among Us for the first time and the first round just ended, I was sussed out AFTER I POINTED OUT THAT I W A T C H E D SOMEONE KILL and it wasn't even for that it was because I was looking at my map in a corner with no tasks lmaoo

Bruh whack
Yesterday I reported a body and saw the dude vent after they killed, but when I accused him somehow I got all the votes.
Like rationally, why would anyone vote for me? I made a testable, diffinative claim- if they're not the imposter, then obviously I am.
Idk it just makes more sense to trust the acuser first.