forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

They don't want privilege, they want equality. For everyone. Not just themselves. Do cishet white men make me uncomfortable? Yeah. Is it reasonable? Sometimes. A lot of the time, even. Do I think they deserve rights? Yeah. People who oppress others don't want equality for themselves, they believe they're superior and that others shouldn't get rights

@ElderGod-Icefire

Pickles says things better than me, I just say stupid things that don't always make sense lmao

But yeah what Pickles said is exactly it. Also, the only reason cishet white men get "picked on" so much is because they're the most visible (usually) detractors from equality. You see a lot of white men making a lot of discriminatory decisions and laws, and so therefor cishet white men = bad, in many people's minds. Is that correct? Not really, no. Is it reasonable? Sort of. Cishet white men also get away with things that other people, especially men of color, couldn't get away with, usually because of "boys will be boys" and other such mindsets. So cishet white men get "picked on" because for us minorities, making fun of or mocking them is easy. It's a coping measure. I make fun of cishet white men because cishet white men are the ones trying to take away birth control and my right to marriage :) see, doesn't that make sense? Am I "discriminating" against them? No, not really. I'm attracted to men (much as I sometimes wish I weren't lmao) and it's not like I'm exclusively attracted to men of color (which would be…really weird and icky) (not because men of color are icky (they aren't, that's not what I'm saying!) but because that would be a fetish and also just plain gross), I'm attracted to white men too. I'm pan with a preference for masculine people, whether that's a "butch" woman or just a normal dude or whatever. Making fun of cishet white men isn't discriminatory. Excluding cishet white men from a queer space isn't discriminatory, just like excluding satanists from a Christian group isn't discriminatory. Excluding queer people from jobs or equal protection under the law is discriminatory. Cishet white men are in zero danger of being discriminated against. All that's happening is that minority groups are pushing for inclusivity, and, a lot of the time, it is cishet white men that are pushing back against that and saying "no no no this is discriminatory against us :(" because they think that less cishet white men in power/control/spaces = less rights for them, when it doesn't

Did that make sense? Maybe. Was it a ramble? Hell yes. Did it have anything to do with what's actually being discussed? I hope so lmao

@ElderGod-kirky group

unrelated, but i'd just like to say while the christmas movies are playing: chevy chase gives me Bad Vibes and i dont know why. never liked any of his characters, especially during Community, and reading up on him hasn't really changed how i feel. like, there's nothing concrete, just that i get vibes from him that i'm not fond of

@Moxie group

My opinion on the discrimination thing is that you have to have a good reason if you’re gonna say “no __ allowed”
Like why do some gyms have a women-only hour? Because men can be creepy, especially around women in gyms, and women need a safe space to just be able to work out.
Why do lgbtq people have lgbtq-only (events or clubs or something I don’t remember what the exact thing we were talking about it but you get the gist) events? Because cis het people have been known to be actively dangerous, both psychically and emotionally, to lgbtq people
Why would a cake shop deny a gay couple a wedding cake? Because they don’t believe gay people should exist? Hmm have straight people been discriminated against by gay people for centuries? Have straight people ever been denied rights for being straight? Has a straight person ever had to worry about their safety simply because they’re straight? No? Not a good reason then

@saor_illust school

(hi sorry i've been lurking during this whole discussion but i just wanted to pop in and say ty moxie for unintentionally validating me??? idk i just feel valid now- not gonna really say which part of that i felt but ty anyways)

@Moxie group

(hi sorry i've been lurking during this whole discussion but i just wanted to pop in and say ty moxie for unintentionally validating me??? idk i just feel valid now- not gonna really say which part of that i felt but ty anyways)

(I’m just happy I helped, even if it was unintentionally. Thanks for letting me know, that’s really sweet)

@Pickles group

If you're an ally and you get mad at people saying "I hate straight people" or "I hate white people", you aren't an ally, you're a self-absorbed dick with a massive savior complex and your head up your ass :)

@Pickles group

AH my mom was getting rid of a bunch of old earrings so now I have a bunch of new Christmas earrings and I don't particularly like Christmas but I adore the ~season~ and all the days leading up to it
I just. The music and decorations and my fun leggings and socks and earrings it's just great

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Tell me, do you really think discrimination, using the definition Google provided, is ok? Meaning, do you think it's ok to innact "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex,"?

No. Duh. Are you even listening to me at all.

okay just because a handful of women hate men(straight and white) doesnt mean they're ever going to reach a level like that of women, people of color, or the lgbt. nice try but no

Not saying it’s gonna happen. Gonna be snarky sorry. I can’t read the future. Probably a lot of Germans thought the Jews would never be persecuted.

Oh yes, because LGBTQ, POC, and women are raiding straight white men's homes/businesses and actively discriminating against them, that happens all the time

Oh wait

But thats not where it starts is it.

@ElderGod-Icefire

okay just because a handful of women hate men(straight and white) doesnt mean they're ever going to reach a level like that of women, people of color, or the lgbt. nice try but no

Not saying it’s gonna happen. Gonna be snarky sorry. I can’t read the future. Probably a lot of Germans thought the Jews would never be persecuted.

Oh yes, because LGBTQ, POC, and women are raiding straight white men's homes/businesses and actively discriminating against them, that happens all the time

Oh wait

But thats not where it starts is it.

No of course it isn't. However the Jews had (and still have) a long history of various types of persecution, as do pretty much all minority groups today and have had that throughout history. Straight white men have literally never faced persecution (religious persecution does not count (in this context), so don't even try to pull that card) or discrimination in the way that minority groups have and still do. Is this making sense to you?

@Pickles group

Queer people make up 3.8% of the population, white people make up 76.3% of the US, straight white people aren't going to become a minority

Also, the only reason cishet white men get "picked on" so much is because they're the most visible (usually) detractors from equality. You see a lot of white men making a lot of discriminatory decisions and laws, and so therefor cishet white men = bad, in many people's minds. Is that correct? Not really, no. Is it reasonable? Sort of. Cishet white men also get away with things that other people, especially men of color, couldn't get away with, usually because of "boys will be boys" and other such mindsets. So cishet white men get "picked on" because for us minorities, making fun of or mocking them is easy. It's a coping measure.

Understandable.

Making fun of cishet white men isn't discriminatory. Excluding cishet white men from a queer space isn't discriminatory, just like excluding satanists from a Christian group isn't discriminatory.

I mean, I disagree, but we’re still in the middle of that.

because they think that less cishet white men in power/control/spaces = less rights for them, when it doesn't

Why do you think that? Granted, there is definitely at least some malevolent force out there. But why do think it’s a consciousness in majority. I will concede that as a woman you will have a perspective based off of things you’ve seen and I haven’t which is valid.

Did that make sense? Maybe. Was it a ramble? Hell yes. Did it have anything to do with what's actually being discussed? I hope so lmao

I’d say you did alright.

If you're an ally and you get mad at people saying "I hate straight people" or "I hate white people", you aren't an ally, you're a self-absorbed dick with a massive savior complex and your head up your ass :)

Holy shit. How can you not see what a racist statement that it.

@ElderGod-Icefire

This is the stuff I mean, Ice. I’m not trying to say heterophobia exist or something. I’m saying some cultures are pushing some Not Okay stuff.

Yeah, and I do get that. I just also think that maybe don't make too big a deal out of it? Because straight white people aren't in danger of any rights being taken away, but I, as a young queer woman, am in danger of losing so many protections because of Trump and because of other conservative men that are in positions of leadership throughout our country

@Moxie group

My opinion on the discrimination thing is that you have to have a good reason if you’re gonna say “no __ allowed”

And why should your opinion be forced on people?

Did I say that?

@Moxie group

Um. What.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Also, the only reason cishet white men get "picked on" so much is because they're the most visible (usually) detractors from equality. You see a lot of white men making a lot of discriminatory decisions and laws, and so therefor cishet white men = bad, in many people's minds. Is that correct? Not really, no. Is it reasonable? Sort of. Cishet white men also get away with things that other people, especially men of color, couldn't get away with, usually because of "boys will be boys" and other such mindsets. So cishet white men get "picked on" because for us minorities, making fun of or mocking them is easy. It's a coping measure.

Understandable.

Glad you think so

Making fun of cishet white men isn't discriminatory. Excluding cishet white men from a queer space isn't discriminatory, just like excluding satanists from a Christian group isn't discriminatory.

I mean, I disagree, but we’re still in the middle of that.

Making fun of people is not discriminatory. We can at least agree on that, right? If I make fun of my brother for being a redhead, it's not discriminatory, it's just a bit mean lmao, and it's the same thing as the other things I've been saying. Making fun of people for something they can't help does not equal discrimination, but it is a little bit mean. That's all

because they think that less cishet white men in power/control/spaces = less rights for them, when it doesn't

Why do you think that? Granted, there is definitely at least some malevolent force out there. But why do think it’s a consciousness in majority. I will concede that as a woman you will have a perspective based off of things you’ve seen and I haven’t which is valid.

I think it's more of a subconscious thing? Where they seem to think that if they aren't in control and making decisions, they get less power. And it's not exactly a conscious decision on their part, definitely, but more of a subconscious thing where they think their voices are being silenced because they are so used to only seeing straight white men making the decisions that seeing more minorities in places of power feels wrong. Does that make any sense?

I’d say you did alright.

Thanks

This is the stuff I mean, Ice. I’m not trying to say heterophobia exist or something. I’m saying some cultures are pushing some Not Okay stuff.

Yeah, and I do get that. I just also think that maybe don't make too big a deal out of it? Because straight white people aren't in danger of any rights being taken away, but I, as a young queer woman, am in danger of losing so many protections because of Trump and because of other conservative men that are in positions of leadership throughout our country

It always starts small. For they gays, things are really looking up imo. I’m not concerned about them. They are winning the culture war.

And why should your opinion be forced on people?

Did I say that?

Well do you agree with me that a store owner say, should be allowed to block literally anyone, for any dumb reason?

Um. What.