forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

As a child, watching a guy drown in his own blood while people didn't call an ambulance and instead poured all their effort into converting him really fucked me up and I'm only realizing this years later so anyway
Clarification: it was a movie
The people in my town aren't religious enough for that

Dude. This morning I realized a book I liked as a kid had a rape scene. Like. Whoa. Obviously it wasn’t explicit explicit. But… whoa…

I was like "Lizzie what the f u c k" before you clarified and then I was like "yeah sounds about right for those films", as a Christian I do not claim them. It's just propaganda packaged as a "story" but it fails at both.

Christian movies suuuck.

@Pickles group

I was like "Lizzie what the f u c k" before you clarified and then I was like "yeah sounds about right for those films", as a Christian I do not claim them. It's just propaganda packaged as a "story" but it fails at both.

Christian movies suuuck.

Is it bad that I'm relieved you're agreeing and not trying to defend them?

Also what’s with the hijabi girl with the super possessive dad who threw her out for not wanting to wear her hijab? And the fact that she hated her religion and just wanted to be christian is … idk a little icky to me but I may be wrong

You're not. It's definitely icky

^^^^^

@Pickles group

As a child, watching a guy drown in his own blood while people didn't call an ambulance and instead poured all their effort into converting him really fucked me up and I'm only realizing this years later so anyway

Dude. This morning I realized a book I liked as a kid had a rape scene. Like. Whoa. Obviously it wasn’t explicit explicit. But… whoa…

What book??

Christian movies suuuck.

Is it bad that I'm relieved you're agreeing and not trying to defend them?

Yeah. It means you fail to understand me. Probably because you’ve been blinded by my politicalness. Story always comes first. Or else I’d be an idiot that would call any story with gays a bad story. Like Croc’s. I liked it.

What book??

Julie of the Wolves.

@HighPockets group

Looking back on something you read as a kid and going "oh shit" is such a weird feeling
Sometimes I remember that my favorite book growing up had a major plot point be that

and I'm like O.O

@ElderGod-Icefire

Looking back on something you read as a kid and going "oh shit" is such a weird feeling
Sometimes I remember that my favorite book growing up had a major plot point be that

and I'm like O.O

What the absolute fuck were y'all reading???
The most traumatizing thing I read as a child was LotR. so

@ElderGod-Icefire

What traumatized you in that?

No exactly, that's my point. It's not traumatizing at all, and it's the only thing I can think of that could, in any way, have been traumatizing

@HighPockets group

and I'm like O.O

Penny From Heaven by Jennifer L. Holm. It's about an Italian-American girl in the 50s, I really love it to this day

@ElderGod-Icefire

and I'm like O.O

Penny From Heaven by Jennifer L. Holm. It's about an Italian-American girl in the 50s, I really love it to this day

Ah

@Anemone eco

I realized that in the 3rd or 4th grade I read a book that was about the literal abduction and slaughtering of Jewish people during the Holocaust and didn't even blink an eye or anything.

And there was a book I read in the 5th grade about the Cold War and literally mention people getting shot, removed from their homes, having their every conversation listened to, more people dying and all that jazz. And 5th grade me was just like "seems legit".

@HighPockets group

I mean my class read Between Shades of Grey, Salt to the Sea, Hunting Spirit Bear, and Jekyll and Hyde for middle school. Same with Frankenstein, Hamlet, and The House of the Scorpion.

No exactly, that's my point. It's not traumatizing at all, and it's the only thing I can think of that could, in any way, have been traumatizing

To be fair their was that one time with the catapults loaded with

@ElderGod-Icefire

Oh yeah, I forgot about that

Ngl, the most traumatizing part (to me) is the fucking barrow wights lmao

@HighPockets group

I can't believe we read Red Midnight in 5th grade. Iread it in 7th because I made the mistake of choosing The Voyage of the Frog and nearly being bored to death, but still.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that

Ngl, the most traumatizing part (to me) is the fucking barrow wights lmao

Completely fair they were creepy.

@HighPockets group

Between Shades of Grey,

?

It might be Gray tbh, I don't remember. It's about a teenage Lithuanian girl who's sent to a Soviet labor camp with her family in the 1940s. Pretty intense stuff in it, as you can probably guess.

@croccin-champagne

i mean just recently my ela class read a book that featured a lot of heavy abuse perpetuated by the main male character, and then he committed suicide. i don't remember anything standing out in what i read as a kid, but considering i was reading at a college level in like third grade(the librarians wouldn't let you check certain age level books out based on your grade, and my teachers would have to be like 'just let the kid get the book, have you seen their reading score?') i'm sure i read plenty of things that i definitely shouldn't have.