Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

Dare I ask…

WAIT I FORGOT TO CLARIFY IT WAS A MOVIE
FUCK
There's a movie called God's Not Dead which is a pretty bad movie and at the end a guy gets hit by a car and as he lays there drowning in his own blood, his friends are just like "so are you a Christian yet? God's giving you a second chance to change your opinion" instead of calling an ambulance or any other rational thing

@berlioz

Yo I was like wtf kinda town do you live in Lizzy that’s horrible
Then I'm like oh it's the movie that's ok
And now I'm realizing there isn't a difference between the two and it's horrible either way
That movie was pretty cringe, really made me think all atheists were just mad at God

@HighPockets group

I was like "Lizzie what the f u c k" before you clarified and then I was like "yeah sounds about right for those films", as a Christian I do not claim them. It's just propaganda packaged as a "story" but it fails at both.

@Moxie group

Oh I fucking hate that one I had such a bad experience watching it (and honestly I’m only now realizing how fucked up it was)
We saw it in a theatre in a mall and then went to get dinner in the mall afterwards and I like could not stop sobbing (which I’ve now realized is just what my body does when I panic) and my mom brought me out of the restaurant, into the mall (what like there were less people there or something? No there fucking weren’t) and tried to talk to me about what freaked me out about it
Like mother everyone was looking at me, this is not fucking helping and I really do not want to talk about it because it’s not helping me calm down.
Middle school me was traumatized

Also what’s with the hijabi girl with the super possessive dad who threw her out for not wanting to wear her hijab? And the fact that she hated her religion and just wanted to be christian is … idk a little icky to me but I may be wrong

@Pickles group

Also what’s with the hijabi girl with the super possessive dad who threw her out for not wanting to wear her hijab? And the fact that she hated her religion and just wanted to be christian is … idk a little icky to me but I may be wrong

You're not. It's definitely icky

@HighPockets group

Pssst Big Joel has good breakdowns of them on his channel that you should watch
He also has a video on the political messages of The Bee Movie aksfhdfj

@berlioz

It's not an impossible situation. There are defiant hijabi girls with possessive fathers who hate Islam and convert to Christianity. It happens, but it's more likely they leave religion altogether. But the fact that this Christian movie makes this a focal point and doesn't even talk about/address/approach Islam in any way is definitely icky. It pushes the false narrative that Islam is sexist and Muslim people don't really want to wear hijab, so when Christians interact with Muslims this is all they know. The movie shows only good Christians and only bad Muslims. Very much lacking in the accurate representation department. Yucky nasty not for me thx 0/10 writing.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Hi yes I'd like to be rude to the adult sex toy shops that have billboards along highways :) because while we were driving to my grandparents house today, my younger brother (who is 11) goes "hey dad, what's an adult toy?" and the car went silent for about a minute. Because he's eleven. You can't tell an eleven year old what an adult toy is. I just…fdsghdbjkshgbksjh i hate those billboards so fucking much. I'm so sick of seeing advertisements for "Passions Adult Boutique". Just. I don't fucking care what you do in your bedroom, but why the fuck do you have to advertise for adult toys. Just. ufhfhjg

@HighPockets group

Hi yes I'd like to be rude to the adult sex toy shops that have billboards along highways :) because while we were driving to my grandparents house today, my younger brother (who is 11) goes "hey dad, what's an adult toy?" and the car went silent for about a minute. Because he's eleven. You can't tell an eleven year old what an adult toy is. I just…fdsghdbjkshgbksjh i hate those billboards so fucking much. I'm so sick of seeing advertisements for "Passions Adult Boutique". Just. I don't fucking care what you do in your bedroom, but why the fuck do you have to advertise for adult toys. Just. ufhfhjg

Ew there are so many when I'm going Up Nort, and there's a sex shop that we sometimes have to drive past when we go into the city and it's super awkward bc it's right by a stop sign so we all pretend not to see it lmao

@ElderGod-Icefire

Ew there are so many when I'm going Up Nort, and there's a sex shop that we sometimes have to drive past when we go into the city and it's super awkward bc it's right by a stop sign so we all pretend not to see it lmao

Ewwwww

@HighPockets group

Some of the signs are also just,,,,gross. Like they'll have some random woman's bare legs or something on them and I'm like ":/ keep this to yourself bud"

@croccin-champagne

like, you could advertise in an alcohol store(not the wine section at walmart, but tasteful ads at total wine or something are fine. yeah kids go in there sometimes but just make them not weird and put them up high). or a strip club or a bar or a pub(again ignoring the fact that my father used to take me to pubs and had me hang out while he would drink). adult spaces. on dating websites or on twitter or whatever because lets be honest, if you're a kid and you're on twitter you're gonna find out about a lot worse than what a dildo is.

i also feel like so many of the ads aren't tasteful. like while my parents and i are watching tv in the evenings, hulu with ads, adam and eve does their ads. and they aren't 'want to have the BEST pleasure EVER? buy from us and your night life will never be the same! [insert moan stock sound]' –i have witnessed ads like this. but anyway, the adam and eve ones i see are very just. normal ad. they assume you know what they do and they just advertise the fact that they can ship to you

@HighPockets group

i also feel like so many of the ads aren't tasteful. like while my parents and i are watching tv in the evenings, hulu with ads, adam and eve does their ads. and they aren't 'want to have the BEST pleasure EVER? buy from us and your night life will never be the same! [insert moan stock sound]' –i have witnessed ads like this. but anyway, the adam and eve ones i see are very just. normal ad. they assume you know what they do and they just advertise the fact that they can ship to you

My dad listens to a lot of ESPN and nothing is more fucking awkward than when the sex store ads come on. "Wanna spice up your gAmE nIgHt?" and shit like that, ew I hate it.

@HighPockets group

I don't even remember if they were at night, I'm pretty sure was in like…the middle of the afternoon or around 5 PM or something. Like not even an "after hours~" thing.