Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

'They didn't have morals'
well if they didn't, then the Europeans who, just off the top of my head:
Kicked them off their own land
Gave them deadly diseases that their bodies didn't have a resistance to both purposefully and accidentally, killing off almost all of them
Got them addicted to alcohol just so they could sell them more
Murdered them for little to no reason
certainly didn't have morals

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

and the worst part is my siblings believe her about it all
every bad take she has, my little sister (not Emma, thank god. the other one) has repeated or even exaggerated at some point, same with my brother
I feel sick thinking about it

what happened to that talk you gave us the other day, mother? You know, the “if there’s anything at all that I want you to take away from this, one simple lesson I want you to understand, it’s that you should never hate someone for their culture or the color of their skin.” conversation?

@ElderGod-kirky group

what happened to that talk you gave us the other day, mother? You know, the “if there’s anything at all that I want you to take away from this, one simple lesson I want you to understand, it’s that you should never hate someone for their culture or the color of their skin.” conversation?

that doesn't apply to her, don't you know?

@Mojack group

if you think about it. The Native Americans were doing pretty good. The only reason people see them as “inferior” is because of how different their culture was. I’m not saying that they’re without flaws, everything has them, but they were all pretty chill. And they were the first to use/invent a lot of stuff that’s commonplace today. like A LOT of stuff. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pre-Columbian_inventions_and_innovations_of_indigenous_Americans

Even the Aztecs a bit further south are a notable example. They were doing pretty good with mathematics and their medicine.

@Mojack group

also the aztecs were one of the few civilizations in the world to implement mandatory education for all regardless of gender, rank or station and imo that in itself is different compared to what you saw going in in europe for most of history.

@ElderGod-kirky group

the europeans looked at everyone that was different from them, scoffed, called them a "savage" and proceeded to take over like a spoiled brat that thinks they know how everything should be because they're the only one that can possibly be right. if you resist, you lose life. if you think differently, you lose life. be like them in every way possible, and you'll be treated as inferior but won't be killed

@croccin-champagne

didn't the aztecs and a bunch of other cultures have plumbing? like the europeans showed up and were like 'you guys are savages' and they were like 'we have laws, religion, plumbing, and a lot more than you do' and then the europeans were like 'genocide time!'

like. the europeans were hit so hard by the plague because they didn't know you should bathe regularly lmao. but yeah, let's call native americans and latin peoples savage

@berlioz

Also are we just gonna pretend that the Europeans weren't marrying teenagers because…

Exactly. Plus, Ella, I know your mom is Christian, does she like… know what ancient Israel was like? They married kids, made animal sacrifices, and had shoddy morals. Like. Bruh. And that was all supposedly ordered by God. Being monotheistic does not equal having morals. The colonizers sucked.

@ElderGod-kirky group

List of early civilizations with plumbing:

• Minoan: ancient Greek
  • Indus Valley Civilization: had flushy toilets
  • Skara Brae: Neolithic village
  • Babylonians: Bronze Age civilization
  • Ancient Rome: dur
  • Ancient China
  • Myans
  • Ancient Egypt
  • Some More Ancient Greeks

@Pickles group

Also are we just gonna pretend that the Europeans weren't marrying teenagers because…

Exactly. Plus, Ella, I know your mom is Christian, does she like… know what ancient Israel was like? They married kids, made animal sacrifices, and had shoddy morals. Like. Bruh. And that was all supposedly ordered by God. Being monotheistic does not equal having morals. The colonizers sucked.

It's not even hard to describe modern day catholicism and other branches of christianity in a way that people like her view indigenous religions like she's just being willfully ignorant and hateful

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

The way you phrased it made me question your views about eating people, Jyn.

Generally against, but if it's your only choice for survival, you gotta do what you gotta do.

What the fuck, Jyn.
And Crocs.
…Kayla.
Reed. I guess I’m not that surprised there.

@ElderGod-Icefire

at least they didn't kill a kid and eat em

That’s reminds me of something that happened at work today.

Someone at your work killed a child and ate them???

@HighPockets group

The way you phrased it made me question your views about eating people, Jyn.

Generally against, but if it's your only choice for survival, you gotta do what you gotta do.

What the fuck, Jyn.
And Crocs.
…Kayla.
Reed. I guess I’m not that surprised there.

If it's literally my last ditch way to not die a slow, painful death at sea, then maybe. But tbh I probably don't care about surviving that much.

Gave them deadly diseases that their bodies didn't have a resistance to both purposefully and accidentally, killing off almost all of them

Purposefully? I think that’s sus. The dudes hadn’t discovered germs yet. No need to blame them with that when there’s plenty other.
Also Columbus wasn’t such a bad dude. He just had literal criminals as crew mates that couldn’t be prosecuted.

@Mojack group

Purposefully? I think that’s sus. The dudes hadn’t discovered germs yet. No need to blame them with that when there’s plenty other.

no they definitely gave them diseases purposefully at one point. They gave the native americans diseased blankets to clear them off the land. Even if the use of it was scant, it still happened as a method of biological warfare

@croccin-champagne

no they definitely gave them diseases purposefully at one point. They gave the native americans diseased blankets to clear them off the land. Even if the use of it was scant, it still happened as a method of biological warfare

they would take items people they knew were sick had used and gave them away

@ElderGod-kirky group

while i don't condone human sacrifice, a lot of those cultures that did them regularly genuinely thought that sacrifice was the way to go with appeasing their gods. some of them had angry gods that demanded blood, so to keep them from throwing fits that could've destroyed the world. that was their faith, and it was their normal. the sacrificed people knew it was a part of their reality

in my opinion, it's quite different from, say, killing hundreds of people under the assumption they are witches, or because an entire civilization doesn't live the same way yours does, or other massacres that happened

Granted, you might know Jewish law better than me but.
Did they marry kids, or young teens?
And they were always disobeying. So that’s part of the shoddy morals thing.

@croccin-champagne

while i don't condone human sacrifice, a lot of those cultures that did them regularly genuinely thought that sacrifice was the way to go with appeasing their gods. some of them had angry gods that demanded blood, so to keep them from throwing fits that could've destroyed the world. that was their faith, and it was their normal. the sacrificed people knew it was a part of their reality

in my opinion, it's quite different from, say, killing hundreds of people under the assumption they are witches, or because an entire civilization doesn't live the same way yours does, or other massacres that happened

dude literally most of the people sacrificed were elated to be sacrificed, because to them it was an honor and they had been waiting for it forever

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Jeffery Amherst, Domino.

Yooo.