forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

I'd like to be rude to people who are assholes about the military and don't understand that just getting rid of it wouldn't work and would actually be an unexplainably terrible decision

I'd also like to be rude to people (aka kids in my area) who refuse to respect veterans/veterans day because of acab.

Completely. But I support everyone who wants to severely cut it. I mean, my dad served, my uncle served (wearing his jacked rn actually), but America needs to be out of all the wars.

@croccin-champagne

i very much can run a masterclass in manipulating shitty parents. which is funny cause mine are very open and my mom was the one who put me in therapy but you know. it helps other kids so it's good

Weird but good.

so yeah if any of you want me to manipulate your parents into not sucking ass let me know, i'm so bored and always down for manipulation

Deleted user

Mmm, I'm trying to do something like that but not lie as much
Becuase lying is a coping method for me

@Pickles group

I’m trying to be less manipulative. But. I sort of have structured my life in trying to read people so I could respond properly. Idk if I even want to stop.

That's not really manipulative

@berlioz

1) No one can change their orientation or gender identity

Nah.

Officially utilizing this chat for it's intended purpose for the first time.
@Althalosian-is-a-Noble-Domkathin Oh my fucking God dude. I love how right after you offer some half-baked sympathy you deny science. All in the name of what? Jesus? Would Jesus want you to spread false information harmful to your queer friends? This is ridiculous. This isn't going to be as composed as I'd like to be because I'm absolutely fuming at your stupidity. And I can only type with one hand. You don't just get to say "no" everytime someone contradicts your (poor) values with fact. If you REALLY feel like you need to speak out on this issue, you don't get to be an uneducated prick about it. You don't get to go blissfully unaware of these "uncomfy" realities. Gender identity and sexuality can be flexible and fluid over time but it does not change for ANY effort one might carry out.
If you have any decency, I highly recommend you at least skim all of these to educate yourself:

Religious, Christian resources:

Alan Chambers, former president of Exodus International

Justin Lee, ex-ex gay Christian, author, and activist

1. The ex-gay movement Starts at 15:45
  2. If you only read/watch one thing from this section, let it be this: Christianity and LGBTQ persons

The Washington Post on McKrae Game

Secular, scientific resources:

If you only read one thing from this section, let it be this: Human Right Campaign

OutRight Action International

The Trevor Project

American Psychiatric Association
-"No credible evidence exists that any mental health intervention can reliably and safely change sexual orientation; nor, from a mental health perspective does sexual orientation need to be changed.”

Transequality
-"There’s no dispute in the mainstream medical community that conversion therapy doesn’t work. In fact, it can cause serious harm."

American Medical Association

I'm not even trying to change your religious beliefs about this. Plenty of Christians understand that people don't change their gender or sexual orientation, but still think it's best people choose not to act on them. That's dumb for other reasons, but at least they aren't denying science. Plenty of Christians understand conversion therapy and attempt to change orientation are wrong. It's not a religion thing. This is a science thing. You can have religious beliefs about what someone should do with their sexual feelings or their true gender, but if you think people can change their gender or orientation by any means, you're an idiot of the worst kind.

@berlioz

if i can change my personally regularly then i can realize that i'm not bi(done that) or genderfluid(also done that) so like. bruh the fuck.

We're still young and in the exploration phase. It's ok to experiment and try new labels on. But if you were bi, then you'd be bi. But you realized you weren't, it's not that you decided to stop being bi or got therapy to become something else. Then there's the added confusion of growing up and learning more about yourself. You and everyone else should be offered a habitat that encourages growth and exploration, not one that forces you to be cis and straight. That's abuse.

@berlioz

And like I said

Gender identity and sexuality can be flexible and fluid over time but it does not change for ANY effort one might carry out.

It may change on it's own, but it's not something you can control. You can't will it into submission. Kinda like how hair changes color. My sister was a blond toddler, she grew up to be dark brunette and now she's hazel. When she's old it'll be gray or white. But I've been brunette all my life. Sexuality and gender can be like that. A force observable and confusing, but not really something that can be controlled.

@berlioz

Ex gay therapy would be the equivalent of someone dying their hair black and swearing that it's their new natural color.

@Pickles group

Ex gay therapy would be the equivalent of someone dying their hair black and swearing that it's their new natural color.

Every month you gotta get the straight juice and put it on your hair so no one knows

@croccin-champagne

Every month you gotta get the straight juice and put it on your hair so no one knows

that's just being in the closet

@berlioz

And being in the closet or discovering your own identity is like a scarf or hat covering it up. Like for me, I can say I've been non binary all my life, but I've been wearing my cis girl hat the whole time, since that’s what I thought was right. Looking at my childhood I can see when my real hair (aka enby identity) peaked out under that hat sometimes. Now that I've come out to myself and others, I'm not wearing a hat anymore.
Sorry I'm just proud of my hair analogy.

@Pickles group

that's just being in the closet

Damn I did such a good job that for 17 years I didn't even know I was dyeing it

Deleted user

me to my younger self: YOU DON'T LIKE HIM YOU'RE JUST PICKING A RANDOM BOY TO LIKE! IT'S BECAUSE YOU LIKE GIRLS!

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

ew no then it would be all sticky and uncomfortable

Deleted user

ew no then it would be all sticky and uncomfortable

ehhhh i'd liken it to drinking the straight juice lmaoooo