forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

Deleted user

I have to wake up early for surgery tomorrow and I'd rather not

good luck on your surgery babes
If the doctors do anything wrong I'll break into the hospital and preform the same surgery they did on you but without and anesthisia and with my teeth to them

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

If the doctors do anything wrong I'll break into the hospital and preform the same surgery they did on you but without and anesthisia and with my teeth to them

this comment isn't even directed at me and yet I feel the purest possible form of terror when i lay my eyes upon it

Deleted user

this comment isn't even directed at me and yet I feel the purest possible form of terror when i lay my eyes upon it

As you should
I would get my mouth filthy with gross doctors for Leo :)

@ElderGod-Icefire

Hey so uh I think I should get a therapist?? But I have absolutely no idea how to tell my parents, bc the main reason I feel I need one is that I display a lot of common symptoms for both Anxiety and Depression and I really need a professional to talk to about it but I don't wanna talk to my parents about it?? But I want a therapist? But I also want, like. Not a Christian therapist. I want a normal therapist. I'm just scared my parents (mostly my mom) would make me get a Christian therapist and then I wouldn't be able to talk about gay stuff, and I want a therapist I can be totally honest with bc like half of my issues come from being closeted and the terror of "what if my parents find out what would they do" so yeah. Any advice or something?

@HighPockets group

I'd probably do some research on nearby therapists and what their guidelines seem to be. Maybe bring it up at your next doctor appointment? Other than that I'm not really sure.

@croccin-champagne

okay so the best i can do here is tell you to think about which of those your parents will react to better, and then express your issue to them based around just one disorder. any good therapist knows that half of the more well known disorders go hand in hand, so if you go anxiety, your therapist will notice symptoms of depression. likewise with depression, i actually just had a similar thing happen with mine, because i'm diagnosed with depression but not anxiety and she noted that a lot of my depressive episodes stem from situational anxiety.

but anyway, do that. see if you can cite sources and things, and if it helps, tell them you want a therapist to make sure that it doesn't get out of hand. tell them you want to see what's going on because you've noticed concerning symptoms, and if you do in fact have any of those disorders(which like we know you prob do but again, it's the if for your parents, unless they need certainty) they can be highly detrimental to your life in terms of career and whatnot, so you need to start early on making sure they don't get to that point. if that helps, of course. every parents is different so

@croccin-champagne

I'd probably do some research on nearby therapists and what their guidelines seem to be. Maybe bring it up at your next doctor appointment? Other than that I'm not really sure.

big yes. if you do the work yourself and pick a place that seems like something your parents wouldn't mind and fits in your insurance or whatever, but also fits what you need, it'll be a lot easier. pick somewhere close so your parents don't have to drive far. make it easy for them to say yes

@ElderGod-Icefire

Can't do doctor's appointment bc I see the doctor like. Once a year and I saw them a month or two ago, and I don't wanna wait another 11 months

And yes I will definitely look into therapists myself!

Okay! I was aware that some of the disorders go hand in hand, but hats a good idea for bringing it up to my parents. I think they'd be more open to anxiety, since like. They're the kind of people that would probably say "well you have no reason to be Depressed" so uh

Thanks Crocs and Jyn!!

@HighPockets group

Mental health can be a "buy one get three" sort of deal; I'd look into them and decide which diagnose fits you the most of the two (and which your parents would most likely believe you about) and then maybe say "you know, anxiety can lead into depression and stuff, it's probably worth getting checked out…"

@croccin-champagne

then that's perfect! bring up anxiety and don't leave room for them to doubt you. and then when your therapist(i say when bcs we are Materializing it) brings up that very stressful things and bad Anxiety times can cause depressive episodes, your parents'll start becoming more open because it starts as 'occasional due to something else' and then can continue to grow.

i very much can run a masterclass in manipulating shitty parents. which is funny cause mine are very open and my mom was the one who put me in therapy but you know. it helps other kids so it's good

@croccin-champagne

Mental health can be a "buy one get three" sort of deal; I'd look into them and decide which diagnose fits you the most of the two (and which your parents would most likely believe you about) and then maybe say "you know, anxiety can lead into depression and stuff, it's probably worth getting checked out…"

my adhd causes anxiety which causes depression which causes more anxiety which sends my adhd into overdrive and then i'm depressed again–

@saor_illust school

while we're on the subject of therapy-

i need help.
i've been talking with some friends, and i didn't need to tell them the full situation for them to understand.

i can't keep doing this alone. it's the same.
i think i'm okay, and then i crash and burn, so much harder than i thought i would.

i don't trust anyone i know irl so this is going to be so, so tough
but i need someone who knows what they're doing-

i'm willing to go through multiple therapists again right now just so i can get better. i'm not going to get better on my own, everything i've tried isn't working. i can vent all i want, but ultimately my friends are just strangers who are trying to help as much as they can.

how do i-
how do i do this-

@croccin-champagne

why are you going through so many therapists? are you having issues clicking with them? if that's it, while trying to settle, i recommend the site 7cups. it honestly offers the best way to vent to people who might know what they're doing, while not receiving help(because it could be someone who doesn't and that can be bad)

@saor_illust school

nah i've only had one
i just realised multiple therapists again implies that

i've just had a bad experience with the only one i had, and been afraid to try therapy again-

and thank you<3

@croccin-champagne

oh that makes sense. but i'm gonna tell you, not every experience will be bad, i promise. while i've never had bad therapists, some of mine just haven't been what i needed, and sometimes it takes finding a new one to get what you need

@Mojack group

So…anyone see that Donald Trump fired Mark Esper (Secretary of Defense) for refusing to deploy military troops against protesters that were against police brutality?

@Mojack group

Thing is, it was something that happened in June
And people are worried that Trump is trying to do something that Mark Esper wasn’t going to go ahead with, so he had to get him out and replace him with someone that’ll do whatever he wants