forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

exactly! like yeah i love that joke, but the problem is, boys growing up don't understand the nuances like we, already developed queers, would. a gay boy sees his friends laughing at that and is confused about what is and isn't okay, what's gay and what's just pals, what's normal or not. a straight boy sees it and sees it solely as a joke, leading to interactions with his friends who arent straight that are harmful, or to him developing that little bit of internalized homophobia that most straight boys have

straight kids are victims of casual homophobia because when no one is there to tell them that it's homophobic, they see it as simply a Thing, they treat it as a thing, and they end up harming their relationships with friends and hurting said friends, as well. but they didn't mean to, because they didn't get told what was bad about it

@croccin-champagne

THAT'S THE POINT I WAS MISSING

i couldn't figure out what it was i really wanted to say but yes! people make so many jokes about guys hugging their friends being gay, so guys are scared to be as close with their friends as girls are

which leads into a whole thing about lesbians and gxg relationships constantly being called friendships because 'girls are just touchy!' but

anyway like yeah, it may not be overt homophobia and obviously damaging, the way a parent kicking their kid out for is, but it's the kind of thing that builds up and does a lot more damage than you think

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Yes to all those points. I’ve been called gay sooo many times. It is extremely irritating. Just because I try to go beyond what is socially acceptable in terms of male friendships.

Though I will say the Is it gay jokes are hilarious.

@croccin-champagne

oh yeah no again. is it gay jokes are fuckin funny, as long as you can look at them and not internalize any issues they may bring up

fellas. is it gay to swordfight pretty girls in a dennys parking lot

@ccb group

okay. no joke. i think i've been in a class with that girl in the striped sweater. or she at least looks exactly like a girl i've been in a class with

@ccb group

she's super nice and she wore really cool makeup on halloween if i remember correctly. she and i and ronnie from the one video sat in the front of the class and always talked a lot in class discussions, and 90% of what we talked about was like "i'm gay" "yes interesting. i'm gay as well." she also always brought up jjba which if you ask me is iconic. and now that professor is my faculty mentor 4 my research :')

@ElderGod-Icefire

I wish my parents would just fuck off about my internet usage. The thing they're using to control our internet just blocked me from using fucking google docs and I'm so fucking done. I hate it. I just wanna use Notebook and Docs in peace, goddamnit

@saor_illust school

oof

i
have come to be rude to a particular app
let me present:
wacom desktop center

very much thanks for not detecting that my tablet's plugged in :))))
i just wanted to adjust some settings TwT

it is plugged innnnnn
why wont you let me adjust the settingsssss
;-;

i know that you're still there telling my pc what to do with the pen inputs
so why wont you tell me that the tablet's plugged in