forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

he was, which literally had so much potential for him because like, an arc about a character unlearning racism? especially because he's immortal and has had plenty of time to unlearn that so i'm sure it's definitely at least started to happen

@croccin-champagne

also you can't point out a character flaw like that and expect me to instantly hate the character. i mean. seth gordon is one of my favorite characters. it's literally all about the potential man.

a character who is actively racist constantly, and refuses to listen to criticism or acknowledge their flaws? bad. especially if they're causing major harm. a character who's flaws were a big part of their past and who shows a want or need to change? iconic

@croccin-champagne

yes! and also give me vampires unlearning toxic mentalities they were taught due to the time period in which they were alive because that is infinitely more interesting than 'boy is sad bcs he undying. is emo. likes girl but also stalks her and acts aggressively and claims he cant talk to her ever'

@croccin-champagne

blending the two so that queer vampires with heavily internalized homophobia can see the world change and see people like them be accepted and treated normally and begin to accept it too

@ElderGod-Icefire

blending the two so that queer vampires with heavily internalized homophobia can see the world change and see people like them be accepted and treated normally and begin to accept it too

YES

@ElderGod-kirky group

THERE WE GO

@darling-velocipede group

the fetishization of mlm relationships by a couple female writers on here is out of control and that's that. some y'all really still need to learn how to see gay men as people and not cute objects. not tagging anyone bc i do not feel like fighting people but just :)) i needed to vent.

@croccin-champagne

the fetishization of mlm relationships by a couple female writers on here is out of control and that's that. some y'all really still need to learn how to see gay men as people and not cute objects. not tagging anyone bc i do not feel like fighting people but just :)) i needed to vent.

dude, could you pm me who? cause i've noticed it in a few users who literally blend together in my head cause i don't talk to them enough

also… write gay relationships cause they exist, not because it turns you on or for diversity points. also if you're turned on by gay men you are just as bad as straight men fetishizing lesbians. especially if you get all hot and bothered by them having sex. it's the same thing

@ElderGod-Icefire

dude, could you pm me who? cause i've noticed it in a few users who literally blend together in my head cause i don't talk to them enough

also… write gay relationships cause they exist, not because it turns you on or for diversity points. also if you're turned on by gay men you are just as bad as straight men fetishizing lesbians. especially if you get all hot and bothered by them having sex. it's the same thing

Same to all of this. (I'd like to be included in the PM too, because now I'm curious??)

@ElderGod-Icefire

Although I'd like to point out that writing gay guys/having a lot of gay characters is not the same thing as fetishization. I have a lot of gay characters, simply because for whatever reason I A) write dudes better than gals, most of the time, and B) as I myself romantically/sexually prefer more masculine people, this gets reflected into my characters. Therefore, I have a lot gay/bi/pan male characters.

@HighPockets group

What Crocs said^
Cuz like….I've seen what some users who, as Crocs put it, literally blend together in my head do in roleplays and such.

@darling-velocipede group

Although I'd like to point out that writing gay guys/having a lot of gay characters is not the same thing as fetishization. I have a lot of gay characters, simply because for whatever reason I A) write dudes better than gals, most of the time, and B) as I myself romantically/sexually prefer more masculine people, this gets reflected into my characters. Therefore, I have a lot gay/bi/pan male characters.

totally true! woman writers can write queer guys just fine, and their presence in work is far from an innately bad thing– it's important representation. of course everyone is allowed to have gay characters, it's when people dehumanize them. i'm more talking about objectification, because that's when it gets super uncomfortable for me personally.

@RedTheLoveless

Same to all of this. (I'd like to be included in the PM too, because now I'm curious??)

Same here, especially since I am part of the targeted group–gay men. I'd like to be included so I know who to fucking avoid.

@ElderGod-Icefire

totally true! woman writers can write queer guys just fine, and their presence in work is far from an innately bad thing– it's important representation. of course everyone is allowed to have gay characters, it's when people dehumanize them. i'm more talking about objectification, because that's when it gets super uncomfortable for me personally.

Yeah, I get that, I just wanted to point out that there is a distinction there :) And yeah, I think objectification is honestly uncomfortable for just about everyone

@HighPockets group

Also there's like,,,,actual published books that fetishize queer guys (cough Fangirl cough) but also will ignore or villainize queer women and trans people.