forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

the thing i love most about it is the shade of pink and that it has a cut that would flatter like…pretty much anyone. and those of you who also have to shop plus size might know what i'm talking about, but it's so fucking hard to find those really pretty, aesthetic things in sizes above an 18 at most. ive spent hours searching sites, and shein is the only one that has anything close to the nice patterns and clothes skinny girls get to wear, but ykno. shein is gross and has problems. @ the swastika necklace incident and the prayer mat incident

and this is by no means ragging on skinny girls. it's not y'all's fault the clothing industry offers y'all better looking stuff. i'm simply tired of only being able to find dresses in cuts i don't like, in basically maternity styles, or in the most garrish shades of orange and green together you've ever seen

@croccin-champagne

in fact, only good plus size store i've found is lane bryant and they're hella expensive unless you're shopping sales. and even then, they don't have exactly the kind of things i want so badly

@HighPockets group

A big part of why I love Her/Our Universe is that they've got good plus-sized stuff. I usually get shirts and stuff from the men's sections of stores, but when it comes to nerd stuff, it can be hard to find shirts for the characters I like. Her/Our Universe (Our Universe being the unisex branch-off of it) does a lot of stuff centered around/inspired by female characters, and so I can get stuff like a Leia shirt that doesn't have her either off to the side or in a bikini.

@HighPockets group

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/shein-apologizes-backlash-swastika-necklace-1203672820/

they supposedly meant the buddhist symbol, but literally every religion that had used that symbol before the nazis took it collectively decided they weren't going to use it again. you can find pictures on the internet of natives signing off on never using it again, because of the horrid context it had been stolen and used in

How do you even come to the conclusion of making a swastika necklace, I just-

@Pickles group

I want to paint a mural on my wall but I don't want to clean my room, I don't know how to paint, and I don't know what to paint. Also I wouldn't know which wall