forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

I have an old library book about Samuel Adams that I picked up from a used book sale, and it smells like Old Book
I must've read it like 20 times as a kid, it got me into American history

@HighPockets group

I bought a book that came out in 1927 the other day (it's a little collection of Shakespeare poems that I got for like $3 at an antique mall) and it's very small and fragile

@Pickles group

All but two of my family's collective HP books are hardback and they've all sustained minimal damage. I have my own paperback copy of GoF that's in mediocre condition. Better than some of my books I should get rid of it, there are no good memories attached to that copy

@ElderGod-Icefire

I bought a book that came out in 1927 the other day (it's a little collection of Shakespeare poems that I got for like $3 at an antique mall) and it's very small and fragile

I found a book at an antique store that was from the like…late 1800's and I wish I could have gotten it

I also own a first edition copy of "Into The Wild" by Jack London

@HighPockets group

My copy of The Great Gatsby also isn't in perfect shape but it's decent enough

@Pickles group

@ElderGod-Icefire

my opinion of the Great Gatsby is that the whole thing deserves to be hit by a car but hey, that's my opinion lmao

@HighPockets group

All but two of my family's collective HP books are hardback and they've all sustained minimal damage. I have my own paperback copy of GoF that's in mediocre condition. Better than some of my books I should get rid of it, there are no good memories attached to that copy

I got my copy of The Sorceror's Stone from a little free library, my copy of Chamber of Secrets from a church fair, and my copy of Prisoner of Azkaban from the library's used bookstore, and the rest from friends as gifts
I used to have a hardback of Deathly Hallows that I also got from a little free library, but it bothered me that it didn't match the rest so I got a paperback of it for Christmas

@HighPockets group

my opinion of the Great Gatsby is that the whole thing deserves to be hit by a car but hey, that's my opinion lmao

D: no fair, I love that one!

@ElderGod-Icefire

sorry not sorry 'bout what I said, I'm just tryna have some fun. Don't worry don't worry don't lose your head, I didn't mean to hurt anyone

k but all joking aside, I genuinely didn't like the Great Gatsby, I put my review on Goodreads and I'm not changing it

@HighPockets group

All of my classics are mass market from school because I don't choose to read them. They're mostly boring

Mine are either the Barnes and Noble classics ones (since they're on sale a lot) or the Iconic covers (for the record, I abhor the cover for The Catcher in the Rye, it gives me a headache to look at). As for Shakespeare, I prefer the No Fear Shakespeare ones since they make scansion easier, as well as the Pelican Shakespeare ones. Folger is supposed to suck, according to an actor I met.

@HighPockets group

sorry not sorry 'bout what I said, I'm just tryna have some fun. Don't worry don't worry don't lose your head, I didn't mean to hurt anyone

k but all joking aside, I genuinely didn't like the Great Gatsby, I put my review on Goodreads and I'm not changing it

Oof
That stings but if I can handle Pickles hating my favorite characters I can handle you hating a book that's not even in my top ten

@Pickles group

I didn't mind it, but I was reading it for school so the chances of me actually enjoying it were pretty slim. Dramatically talking about it is better than reading imao

@HighPockets group

You know what's hella underrated for purchasing books at? Thrift stores. I got my copy of The Tempest from one, same with The Great Gatsby and a few others.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Oof
That stings but if I can handle Pickles hating my favorite characters I can handle you hating a book that's not even in my top ten

alright good. Because I genuinely didn't like it. Again, the review contains my reasoning lmao

@HighPockets group

Oof

alright good. Because I genuinely didn't like it. Again, the review contains my reasoning lmao

Dude you don't have to justify not liking it to me lmao

@HighPockets group

Newer stores are generally better
It's not a real thrift store unless it has 3 out of the 4 Twilight books, some of the Hunger Games trilogy, and a DVD of Chicago

@ElderGod-Icefire

Oof

Dude you don't have to justify not liking it to me lmao

lmao alright. I've had friends come at me before for not liking classics they liked (pride and prejudice lmao) so I wanted to explain just in case