forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Fraust

And also, Allison (in whatever Canon story she's in) seems to be in a more modern time period. The slang of just a thing for this particular roleplay. For character development in general, since it isn't relevant to your actual story, it's not important. For the roleplay, I just recommend leaving it out. It feels clunky and uncomfortable anyways, so it's best to just avoid it as much as possible

Deleted user

The slang is literally the least important thing of what she mentioned.
Funny how that's the one you focus in on.

Im trying to develop her more, okay? The slang is something i can address right now, if that makes sense

You can address all of it right now but alright
Slang isn't really character development either? It gives hints at characterization but it won't help for someone as bland as Allison currently is.

I am trying to develop Allison more. I will probably need some help with it, like critiques and such.

Deleted user

And also, Allison (in whatever Canon story she's in) seems to be in a more modern time period. The slang of just a thing for this particular roleplay. For character development in general, since it isn't relevant to your actual story, it's not important. For the roleplay, I just recommend leaving it out. It feels clunky and uncomfortable anyways, so it's best to just avoid it as much as possible

Ok i will do that!

@HighPockets group

Im trying to develop her more, okay? The slang is something i can address right now, if that makes sense

Slang isn't really character development either? It gives hints at characterization but it won't help for someone as bland as Allison currently is.

I am trying to develop Allison more. I will probably need some help with it, like critiques and such.

If you're trying to guilt me into helping you develop your character, it won't work. Try harder.

Deleted user

If you're trying to guilt me into helping you develop your character, it won't work. Try harder.

I wasnt guilting anyone to helping me

@berlioz

I would say implementing slang is a great form of character development. As a linguist nerd myself, knowing what language to use and how your characters use and perceive it is the key to good dialogue. Think of the Amelia Earhart character from the second Night at the Museum movie. She constantly used confusing and seemingly made up slang. Can you imagine how boring that character would be if she spoke normally? Slang, language, and accents are small but crucial pieces of your story (or roleplay). Good on you for doing research, that's a great first step.

Deleted user

I would say implementing slang is a great form of character development. As a linguist nerd myself, knowing what language to use and how your characters use and perceive it is the key to good dialogue. Think of the Amelia Earhart character from the second Night at the Museum movie. She constantly used confusing and seemingly made up slang. Can you imagine how boring that character would be if she spoke normally? Slang, language, and accents are small but crucial pieces of your story (or roleplay). Good on you for doing research, that's a great first step.

Thank you, but like everyone said, slang isnt enough for character development

Deleted user

dude what the fuck kind of logic is just pointing out one small detail out of the entire ocean of points

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

i don't know where to go for this but does anyone wanna play a game of "decide which photo i should draw cause i'm an indecisive feck and can't choose for the life of me" ?

@Fraust

Okay cool
I was like
Bitch you're like two years younger than me?? You're not allowed to be that fucking good??