forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

@Divine-Irish-Potato
Can you write more than three simple sentences of a response in the roleplay? At least once? Not only do they make it hard to respond to in general, but they're boring and almost never add onto the roleplay. But some freaking description into your responses, not just bland statements like "She did a thing. It was a good thing. She did it very well." It's not at all entertaining or interesting??? And you've been asked multiple times to add more to your responses without any acknowledgment from you.

Okay will do! Next time though please dm me if you need to tell me something about a roleplay, okay?

did you just change your response

@ElderGod-kirky group

@Divine-Irish-Potato
Can you write more than three simple sentences of a response in the roleplay? At least once? Not only do they make it hard to respond to in general, but they're boring and almost never add onto the roleplay. But some freaking description into your responses, not just bland statements like "She did a thing. It was a good thing. She did it very well." It's not at all entertaining or interesting??? And you've been asked multiple times to add more to your responses without any acknowledgment from you.

Okay will do! Next time though please dm me if you need to tell me something about a roleplay, okay?

Hm. Considered, but I don't much care for making DMs that last two messages.

Deleted user

@Divine-Irish-Potato

No, I edited it to make it more than 3 words.

@Pickles group

@Divine-Irish-Potato

No, I edited it to make it more than 3 words.

*Yes

@HighPockets group

@Divine-Irish-Potato

Yes, he did.

Deleted user

I know, but i don't feel like having an argument because I added more words so i could be more descriptive, okay?

@HighPockets group

She didn't mean to add more words to everything, she meant for your roleplay responses to be more than "Allison ran back to where the captain was." Not only is that bland, it also gives everyone else nowhere to go with their next interaction. Although frankly I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to interact with Anachronistic Allison, given that she's already made weird sexual advances on the other crew members.

@Pickles group

I know, but i don't feel like having an argument because I added more words so i could be more descriptive, okay?

It's still not descriptive.

Deleted user

Im not good at wording things, i only said it because I had no better term to use

@Pickles group

Im not good at wording things, i only said it because I had no better term to use

Um. What.

@Fraust

@Divine-Irish-Potato
You don't have to be absolutely fantastic. People just expect you to put forth some effort, especially when everyone else clearly is. Your wording does not have to be fantastic as long as you actually contribute something to the roleplay. From what I've seen, you've posted the most often, and yet you've gotten the least done and have created a shallow, emotionless character that we can literally only summarize with "sex and beer" because you haven't conveyed anything else at all. People don't even care if you have a slutty character. In fact, they're typically great for comic relief! But Allison is dry and bland and has no personality at all. She's just there to be hot and do other people's jobs, apparently. You simply can't just say "Allison made a thing. It was good. She did it well" because that contributes nothing to the roleplay! You want to know why other characters don't interact with her? It's because she has no interesting qualities and has sexually harassed several other crew members. Of course they're avoiding her. You keep complaining about how she's boring because you had to nerf her. First of all, your characters should have enough actual character development to be substantial enough without random magical powers. Second of all, if you had already been told another character was a Mary Sue, you should have assumed all your other characters would have to be nerfed as well. Knowing this, you still chose a character who had no qualities other than her powers. You should have chosen a character better suited to the roleplay. You also fail to portray Allison in the correct time period. She walks around saying "babe" and "cutie" and "Imma" all the time, such wouldn't have happened in that time period. All in all, Allison contributes next to nothing to the roleplay and actually slows it down.
You have potential. Everyone does. You're only being @ed here so many times because your do things that annoy people and when called out on it, you say "ok" to get them to leave you alone and then you don't change anything about what you're doing. If you simply took their gentler advice in the actual roleplay and changed a bit about how you were writing, you probably wouldn't be @ed into the rudeness chat. I wouldn't be surprised if you ignored this. I honestly couldn't care less if you actively acknowledge this at all. I just hope that some of what I've said has enlightened you at all and helps you to be better liked by the Notebook community.

My apologies for the wall. I've said my piece, thanks for listening to my Ted Talk, and goodnight.

Deleted user

@Divine-Irish-Potato
You don't have to be absolutely fantastic. People just expect you to put forth some effort, especially when everyone else clearly is. Your wording does not have to be fantastic as long as you actually contribute something to the roleplay. From what I've seen, you've posted the most often, and yet you've gotten the least done and have created a shallow, emotionless character that we can literally only summarize with "sex and beer" because you haven't conveyed anything else at all. People don't even care if you have a slutty character. In fact, they're typically great for comic relief! But Allison is dry and bland and has no personality at all. She's just there to be hot and do other people's jobs, apparently. You simply can't just say "Allison made a thing. It was good. She did it well" because that contributes nothing to the roleplay! You want to know why other characters don't interact with her? It's because she has no interesting qualities and has sexually harassed several other crew members. Of course they're avoiding her. You keep complaining about how she's boring because you had to nerf her. First of all, your characters should have enough actual character development to be substantial enough without random magical powers. Second of all, if you had already been told another character was a Mary Sue, you should have assumed all your other characters would have to be nerfed as well. Knowing this, you still chose a character who had no qualities other than her powers. You should have chosen a character better suited to the roleplay. You also fail to portray Allison in the correct time period. She walks around saying "babe" and "cutie" and "Imma" all the time, such wouldn't have happened in that time period. All in all, Allison contributes next to nothing to the roleplay and actually slows it down.
You have potential. Everyone does. You're only being @ed here so many times because your do things that annoy people and when called out on it, you say "ok" to get them to leave you alone and then you don't change anything about what you're doing. If you simply took their gentler advice in the actual roleplay and changed a bit about how you were writing, you probably wouldn't be @ed into the rudeness chat. I wouldn't be surprised if you ignored this. I honestly couldn't care less if you actively acknowledge this at all. I just hope that some of what I've said has enlightened you at all and helps you to be better liked by the Notebook community.

My apologies for the wall. I've said my piece, thanks for listening to my Ted Talk, and goodnight.

To your statement about not portraying Allison in the correct time period, I have looked up a list of slang terms used the 1800s so expect me to use them, okay?

@Fraust

And assuming that you just Googled "slang words in the 1800s" and clicked the first few links, it'd probably be better if you didn't
Just avoid using words that are obviously not accurate to the time period

Deleted user

As in you already have or you just did so that you can be more accurate?

As in i just have

Deleted user

The slang is literally the least important thing of what she mentioned.
Funny how that's the one you focus in on.

Im trying to develop her more, okay? The slang is something i can address right now, if that makes sense

@HighPockets group

The slang is literally the least important thing of what she mentioned.
Funny how that's the one you focus in on.

Im trying to develop her more, okay? The slang is something i can address right now, if that makes sense

You can address all of it right now but alright
Slang isn't really character development either? It gives hints at characterization but it won't help for someone as bland as Allison currently is.