forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

Well folks, I do believe it's time for me to sit in the parking lot of my sister's dance studio eating cookie dough and reread The Babysitter's Club until her dance lesson is over finger guts

@Pickles group

Not to be overly mean, but the green on #MurderFunding's cover is probably the exact color referred to in Constance's poem about green plaid

Just look
I had a green plaid skirt with this shade of green when I was in sixth grade

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Also I finished Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey with my sibs the day I left to come here. I didn't that night like I wanted to bc birthday and my dearest companions (Mikayla and Josh) came over so I hung with them instead. So I got them up early in the morning and we read the last two chapters. I'm putting the third on hold until we read The Hobbit though because that's important in their literary diet.

@Pickles group

Are you reading it to them or are y'all just sitting in the same room reading it chapter by chapter and talking about it?

@HighPockets group

I need to reread The Hobbit, I read it back in middle school and was extremely bored (Tolkien's narration style doesn't really vibe with me but I wanna try again)

@HighPockets group

I read aloud to my cat last night, I think she liked it?
She sat on my chest and gently touched my cheek with her paw at one point
We only got through a chapter of The Catcher in the Rye and I was being very quiet (my dad was a room over and I really didn't want to be lectured for swearing at 11:15, ya feel?)

@ElderGod-Icefire

I need to reread The Hobbit, I read it back in middle school and was extremely bored (Tolkien's narration style doesn't really vibe with me but I wanna try again)

JYN
Tolkien is the master. He is the God of fantasy. Read it. It's like…the classic fantasy story

@HighPockets group

Then she sprinted out of my room, drank out of the bathroom faucet, and sprinted back in, sitting back on my chest and gently biting my nose with her short front teeth

We only got through a chapter of The Catcher in the Rye and I was being very quiet (my dad was a room over and I really didn't want to be lectured for swearing at 11:15, ya feel?)

Cool. Also I started Ender's Game with my little bro and I remembered how much cussing was in it. But Le Madre didn't hear so all's well.

@HighPockets group

JYN
Tolkien is the master. He is the God of fantasy. Read it. It's like…the classic fantasy story

I think I'd like The Silmarillian (misspelled that lol) more

@Pickles group

Are you reading it to them or are y'all just sitting in the same room reading it chapter by chapter and talking about it?

I'm reading it to them.

Do you do a good voice for the treebeard dude? Because my dad does a great one and it was by far the best part

JYN

Thank you, Ice. Forsooth.

@Pickles group

Cool. Also I started Ender's Game with my little bro and I remembered how much cussing was in it. But Le Madre didn't hear so all's well.

Is it good? My dad had us watch the movie before reading the book after a lot of debate. But I low-key barely remember what happened

@ElderGod-Icefire

JYN

Ehh. The Silmarillion is good, but the Hobbit and LotR are classics, you need to read them at least once

@HighPockets group

JYN

Ehh. The Silmarillion is good, but the Hobbit and LotR are classics, you need to read them at least once

I'll try
I prefer Gothic classics though

I'm reading it to them.

Do you do a good voice for the treebeard dude? Because my dad does a great one and it was by far the best part

Nah. Haven't started The Hobbit but I'm not reading them LotR. Way too long. I'd def be moved out before we finished.

@ElderGod-Icefire

JYN

I'll try
I prefer Gothic classics though

Hhhhhhh that's fair. But still

Is it good? My dad had us watch the movie before reading the book after a lot of debate. But I low-key barely remember what happened

The book is fabulous. It's a sci-fi about a genius kid but it's really interesting. Like dark psychology almost. Great stuff. Like imagine if there was a story about a kid chosen to save the world from aliens but way better. With a lot of focus on how humans interact and work. But it reads like a casual story.

@HighPockets group

I usually don't like when my books look worn, but when I took my HP and PJO books off my shelf the little creases in the spine made me feel very happy
They looked so…loved

@HighPockets group

Also I completely forgot that I tabbed my copy of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (which I legit got for $2 from a store that was moving), the color coding is bad and I wanna redo it

@HighPockets group

All my Jedi Apprentice books are various levels of worn, ranging from "slightly loved" to "probably run over by a car"
In my defense, I bought them all second-hand
My copy of The Deadly Hunter looks pretty sad, not gonna lie