oh yikes

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

Y'all ever heard of sleep paralysis?

yeah, idk much about it but i find it kinda fascinating

Someone: Trying to sleep
Brain: “Wanna see you worst nightmares in reality”
Someone: “No”
Brain: “Well now you can’t move or say anything”

I’ve had something like that, except I sat up in my bed and felt something looking at me and I got out of my bed pointed at its general location and said no and went to the bathroom. When I got out of the bathroom there was no spooky thing waiting to jump me. It left. Whatever it was, was okay enough. The spooky thing a ma bob knew what consent was, and left when I told it no.

@Consider-PB_and_the_Jellies

I’ve had something like that, except I sat up in my bed and felt something looking at me and I got out of my bed pointed at its general location and said no and went to the bathroom. When I got out of the bathroom there was no spooky thing waiting to jump me. It left. Whatever it was, was okay enough. The spooky thing a ma bob knew what consent was, and left when I told it no.

Creepy thing: “I fear no man, but that thing”
Winter: not even batting an eye and pointing “no”
Creepy thing: “it scares me”

@Musical_Queen

I'm doing my final project for my Stats class comparing serial killers from 1900-1949 and 1950-1999 and what I've noticed is that those from 1900-1949 have more women, more serial killers who killed in larger groups, and they had cooler names

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

I'm doing my final project for my Stats class comparing serial killers from 1900-1949 and 1950-1999 and what I've noticed is that those from 1900-1949 have more women, more serial killers who killed in larger groups, and they had cooler names

Interesting.

@PurplePartyTiger language

Closest I've gotten to this sleep paralysis stuff was when, with my eyes shut, I heard hangars scraping over the bar in my closet. I opened my eyes a tad and saw someone standing there. Assuming it was my S.O., I sat up, but the figure just disappeared. And S.O. was asleep right next to me.

Most of the creepy stuff happens in my dreams, as opposed to irl when I'm trying to sleep. I can't say I have nightmares tho, cuz I just beat the crap out of them. >:)

Creepy thing: “I fear no man, but that thing”
Winter: not even batting an eye and pointing “no”
Creepy thing: “it scares me”

When ur people could probably be descended from the fae, the cryptids are scared of you. I’m the ooga booga to the cryptids, mwahahaha

Most of the creepy stuff happens in my dreams, as opposed to irl when I'm trying to sleep. I can't say I have nightmares tho, cuz I just beat the crap out of them. >:)

Shoot I’ve had dreams where I’ve fought some dark and jacked up stuff and woken up with bruises and bleeding from scratches on my body and I was like, oh. Okay. Note to self, the dream baddies do leave marks. So now, I’ve got to figure out how to dream some sort of protection and a better weapon, bc all I’ve been doing is aggressively taunting and fist fighting shadowy figures. So ya know there’s that.

Shoot I’ve had dreams where I’ve fought some dark and jacked up stuff and woken up with bruises and bleeding from scratches on my body and I was like, oh. Okay. Note to self, the dream baddies do leave marks. So now, I’ve got to figure out how to dream some sort of protection and a better weapon, bc all I’ve been doing is aggressively taunting and fist fighting shadowy figures. So ya know there’s that.

Yeah all I can say is, just be real careful with it. Don't go in too deep.

@ElderGod-Icefire

yeah. Winter, you miiight want to look into some sigils/circles/talismans/etc for protection, bc dreams should not be leaving physical marks, and if they are then that could be a sign of something truly malevolent

or alternatively it's some weird medical condition? or (idr if you live with a partner or not) maybe your partner has sharp nails and is hurting you by mistake in their sleep?

I mean I don’t try it just kinda happens. Kinda like that blue talking squid who told me not to swim in the water in a dream and I was like I like ur funny words magic man.

I woke up one morning absolutely CONVINCED – that I had to give my older brother a cookie.
What cookie from where, no idea.

yeah. Winter, you miiight want to look into some sigils/circles/talismans/etc for protection, bc dreams should not be leaving physical marks, and if they are then that could be a sign of something truly malevolent

or alternatively it's some weird medical condition? or (idr if you live with a partner or not) maybe your partner has sharp nails and is hurting you by mistake in their sleep?

Something along the lines of what I was thinking. Except perhaps its unintentionally self-inflicted. I know I flail around a bit in my sleep, I've accidentally whacked my partner a few times lol.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Something along the lines of what I was thinking. Except perhaps its unintentionally self-inflicted. I know I flail around a bit in my sleep, I've accidentally whacked my partner a few times lol.

yeah, which in that case might be worth setting up a camera for a night or two to see if that's it

Pffftttttt I have the blue jays homie. They’re doing a good job. However, I do have a recurring problem with a cardinal hitting my window every morning. Like clockwork. And my dog takes cares of that. She’ll go bark at it and it’ll leave for a little bit.