forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

Deleted user

I wear t-shirts and shorts in winter
there is nothing wrong with that

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

I have to do a project for class and I don't know if I hate it or love it.
I have to write a children's book, then read it to an elementary class. The book has to be from the pov of a water droplet going through the water cycle because that's what they're learning about I guess.
I'm just struggling to 'dumb' it down and try to remain all sparkly and happy with it, I write dark stories okay, not children's fiction RIP.

PM me, this ain’t my first rodeo. Nor is it my first children’s book.

Anyone know of a good social studies lesson idea to teach to toddlers

This also isn’t my first rodeo. So you said small children? Don’t think of a broad topic like a state, but more like a community. Like their school. And how they relate to it. Or do something like the Revolutionary war, take them outside and let them play “tag” red versus blue kinda deal, until one side is completely tagged out and the other side is the victor. Simple, and it gets energy out of the kids. Your lil class will be quieter lol.

@Consider-PB_and_the_Jellies

This also isn’t my first rodeo. So you said small children? Don’t think of a broad topic like a state, but more like a community. Like their school. And how they relate to it. Or do something like the Revolutionary war, take them outside and let them play “tag” red versus blue kinda deal, until one side is completely tagged out and the other side is the victor. Simple, and it gets energy out of the kids. Your lil class will be quieter lol.

We’re not allowed to do anything war based
And it’s too cold where we live right now to let the children go outside

But having the kids simulate something gave me an idea

I give them a role that exist in a community
And then they are told how it works
And then they pretend to be a town.

@Space group

Oh, I remember in elementary we were split into sides. America and Britain. And each person was given a card with something like a food, animal, resource, found only on their side. Then the kids were released to trade with eachother and come up with reasonable exchange rates and stuff to simulate the trading of goods.

We’re not allowed to do anything war based
And it’s too cold where we live right now to let the children go outside

But having the kids simulate something gave me an idea

I give them a role that exist in a community
And then they are told how it works
And then they pretend to be a town.

Boom. There you go! It’s big brain time fam.

@murphysgirl

Oh, I remember in elementary we were split into sides. America and Britain. And each person was given a card with something like a food, animal, resource, found only on their side. Then the kids were released to trade with eachother and come up with reasonable exchange rates and stuff to simulate the trading of goods.

I REMEMBER THAT
Another time my history teacher in 8th grade made us push all of the desks in the room together and then get under them while she turned the lights off to simulate what it was like being on a slave ship.

@murphysgirl

I have to write a children's book, then read it to an elementary class. The book has to be from the pov of a water droplet going through the water cycle because that's what they're learning about I guess.
I'm just struggling to 'dumb' it down and try to remain all sparkly and happy with it, I write dark stories okay, not children's fiction RIP.

THE WATER CYCLE
TAKES THE WATER AND MOVES IT UP AND DOWN AND
ALL AROUND THE EARTH

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Demon's Hunt Au's

1. William is a celebrity actor and Cale is his bodyguard
  2. Cale is a demon and William is human. George is dead, but Beth is alive.
  3. Cale technically lives with Beth, who has divorced George. She and George have "joint custody" over their demonic "son," William
  4. Gender swap
  5. William swaps roles with Edward; Ed is now George's "son" and Cale's love interest. William has become Cale's heavily abusive demonic ex-boyfriend
  6. Cale is part of a cult and was meant to be a sacrifice.
  7. Cale is a government agent and manages to make a deal of sorts with William. It involves Cale becoming a sidekick of sorts of his and gets the government off his back by looking the other way.
  8. William owns and operates a restaurant called Hellhound that Dustin drags Cale to.
  9. William is the lead of a band called "The Fallen," which is a band that Cale likes. Cale uses stolen money from victims to go to concerts. William gives Cale his shirt during a concert, and later catches Cale killing a fellow fan.
  10. High school
  11. A Hannibal-esqe au where William is a psychiatrist.

@michael_rainer_eats_uranium group

THE WATER CYCLE
TAKES THE WATER AND MOVES IT UP AND DOWN AND
ALL AROUND THE EARTH

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHH THAT SHIT BRINGS BACK MEMORIES

@Space group

I REMEMBER THAT
Another time my history teacher in 8th grade made us push all of the desks in the room together and then get under them while she turned the lights off to simulate what it was like being on a slave ship.

OMG- SAME
We came into class that day and he started yelling at us and we thought we did something wrong but he was just roleplaying.

@SupernaturalSyGuyIsTIred group

Demon's Hunt Au's

1. William is a celebrity actor and Cale is his bodyguard
  2. Cale is a demon and William is human. George is dead, but Beth is alive.
  3. Cale technically lives with Beth, who has divorced George. She and George have "joint custody" over their demonic "son," William
  4. Gender swap
  5. William swaps roles with Edward; Ed is now George's "son" and Cale's love interest. William has become Cale's heavily abusive demonic ex-boyfriend
  6. Cale is part of a cult and was meant to be a sacrifice.
  7. Cale is a government agent and manages to make a deal of sorts with William. It involves Cale becoming a sidekick of sorts of his and gets the government off his back by looking the other way.
  8. William owns and operates a restaurant called Hellhound that Dustin drags Cale to.
  9. William is the lead of a band called "The Fallen," which is a band that Cale likes. Cale uses stolen money from victims to go to concerts. William gives Cale his shirt during a concert, and later catches Cale killing a fellow fan.
  10. High school
  11. A Hannibal-esqe au where William is a psychiatrist.

Any other aus that y'all can think of?

I REMEMBER THAT

OMG- SAME
We came into class that day and he started yelling at us and we thought we did something wrong but he was just roleplaying.

You guys actually stayed in a classroom? We were put in a kayak with double the amount of people and sat like that for half an hour while the teacher laughed on the shore. Was Very cold. Welcome to Alaska.

@murphysgirl

I REMEMBER THAT

OMG- SAME

You guys actually stayed in a classroom? We were put in a kayak with double the amount of people and sat like that for half an hour while the teacher laughed on the shore. Was Very cold. Welcome to Alaska.

I genuinely have no idea what to say to that

@Space group

SOOO
In art class today I was using one of my blender markers, where you touch marker tips together and it blends the color, So I'm holding the blender and my friend is touching another marker to it to blend. the teacher yells at us to stop, and 'we're ruining her markers.'
1: That's how they're supposed to be used
2: They're mine not yours
But I was done with them like 5 seconds later so I just put them up. And 5 minutes later she calls my name and takes me to the backroom again to talk shit to me again and I'm like "It was a blender-"
and she starts yelling over me and every time I try to tell her it was a blender or it was mine, not hers she just yells over me. At that point, I'm so fed up so mid-rant I just say "yeah man whatever I'm leaving." And just grab my stuff and walk out.

@murphysgirl

SOOO
In art class today I was using one of my blender markers, where you touch marker tips together and it blends the color, So I'm holding the blender and my friend is touching another marker to it to blend. the teacher yells at us to stop, and 'we're ruining her markers.'
1: That's how they're supposed to be used
2: They're mine not yours
But I was done with them like 5 seconds later so I just put them up. And 5 minutes later she calls my name and takes me to the backroom again to talk shit to me again and I'm like "It was a blender-"
and she starts yelling over me and every time I try to tell her it was a blender or it was mine, not hers she just yells over me. At that point, I'm so fed up so mid-rant I just say "yeah man whatever I'm leaving." And just grab my stuff and walk out.

Power move right here. I'd report her. I took several teaching classes in high school and I know that that type of behaviour is really inappropriate.

@Space group

Why was I singled out, like the whole group was using the blenders. At this point I've taken enough from her, along with multiple other students, I'm just done.