forum Share things nobody asked you to share
Started by @Knight-Shives group
tune

people_alt 206 followers

@ElderGod-Winter-The-Renegade-Legionnaire book

yo so did anyone else’s parents threaten to take the bedroom door it was that just my family

Mine did and they put it back after a sword went through the curtain several times. And a few arrows… they deemed not having a door was more of a safety hazard.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

oh um

No

that is a breach of privacy btw um why did they take it?

i dont even remember i probably slammed it too hard??

i take it they didnt sit against your door so you couldnt open it until you calmed down when you threw a fit either

@Space group

when I was younger I hid in my room and locked my door to get away from my parents when they were screaming and scaring me. They ended up breaking down my door…

when I was younger I hid in my room and locked my door to get away from my parents when they were screaming and scaring me. They ended up breaking down my door…

Swords change everything bruh just got to town on a door with a sword and you’ll get a wide area of space!

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

oh um

No

that is a breach of privacy btw um why did they take it?

i dont even remember i probably slammed it too hard??

i take it they didnt sit against your door so you couldnt open it until you calmed down when you threw a fit either

wait i think it was because i tried to block the door with my dresser

Brooklime Veronica beccabunga (Water Pimpernel)
A salad herb or “pot herb,” Brooklime was used as an astringent to draw water from tissues, decrease swelling, and promote digestion.

Burdock Arctium latta
A powerful blood purifier then and today Burdock root is an edible “pot herb” cooked as a vegetable or raw, grated in salads. Burdock acts as a diuretic, and supports liver function.

Coltsfoot Tussilago farfara
Still one of the best cough remedies, Coltsfoot leaf and bright yellow flowers are antibacterial, soothing, and expectorant. They are antitussive-hence the name- and prevent coughing.

Cowslip Primula veris (Primrose)
Used as a blood cleanser for rheumatic conditions, Cowslip was also used as an expectorant, for bronchitis and whooping cough. The flowers were used in salves for sunburn and dry skin.

Comfrey Symphytum officinale
Mature leaves were used to promote knitting of bone and for wound healing. Compresses of warm wilted Comfrey leaves ease pain and promote healing of sprains, bruises, strains and swelling.

Dandelion Taraxacum officinale
Druids used Dandelion flowers, leaves, and roots as medicine, just as we do. Bright yellow Dandelion flowers make healing oil for massage and a lovely wine. Dandelion’s bright green toothed leaves are eaten young in salads or boiled like spinach. They contain large quantities of potassium, Vitamin A –even more than carrots- and B complex vitamins that provide diuresis, removing toxins from the blood through the kidneys and lowering the blood pressure naturally. Dandelion root contains immune stimulating compounds that are present in the root more in the fall than in spring. The root stimulates the flow of bile and is often used as part of a “liver cleanse,” both spring and fall.

Elder Sambucus nigra
Druids considered Elder as one of their most sacred trees. Elder stood for the letter ‘r’ in their alphabet and on the sacred tree calendar was the month of December. We now know that Elder has powerful healing qualities. Elder flowers are used as washes to soften and whiten the skin. Soaked in warm oil, mixed with beeswax, the flowers become nourishing salve. The white umbelliferous flowers can be eaten in muffins or dipped in batter and fried as fritters. Elder flowers also make a lovely, healthy cordial served over ice chips in spring. Medicinally, the flowers are diuretic, and useful for not only colds but also for allergies. They are both anti-inflammatory and decongestant. Elderberries are high in healthy anthrocyanin (blue) antioxidants, protecting blood vessel walls. Juice, syrup, tincture, and wine made with Elderberries is strongly antiviral. In fact in 1993, Israeli chemists realized that Elderberries were strikingly effective against influenza virus.

Figwort Scrophularia nodosa
Figwort was used for wasting conditions. Both herb and root clear the lymph and liver. Externally, used as a poultice, Figwort clears the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Rich in manganese, the tincture can be used externally or internally to nourish the skin.

GALIUM family was used as strewing herbs then- and to promote removal of toxins from the body as it is used today:

Clivers Galium aparine (Cleavers, Goosegrass)
Cleavers appears in May as does its cousins, was used to clear the skin of eruptions and remains the best remedy for lymphadenitis.

(Sweet) Woodruff Galium odoratum
Woodruff was used in poultices to soothe skin irritations, and brewed into tea to sooth the stomach, clean the liver, and clear stones from the bladder. The classic ingredient in traditional “May Wine” was made by steeping Woodruff in white wine.

Lady’s Bedstraw Galium verum (Cheese rennet)
Lady’s Bedstraw was used to stuff mattresses and was thought to have lined the manger of Jesus. Lady’s Bedstraw was used to curdle milk and make cheese. Its yellow flowering tops have been used as dye and to color cheese.

Flax Linum usitatissimum
Seeds of Flax (also called Linseed) were used for food. Oil from the seed was cooked with figs and honey for constipation. Flax oil is utilized today to insure maintenance levels of essential fatty acids which increase metabolism, energy, and staying power. Flax seed oil helps also by lifting the spirits and providing a feeling of health and well-being. Consuming Flax seeds and oil also helps skin seem soft and supple. Flax seeds contain high levels of a lignan which is thought to help prevent cancer and which is anti-viral.

Ground Ivy Nepata hederacea
An ancient plant, Ground Ivy trails long square stems and roots that emit compounds that inhibit growth of surrounding plants; thus, it seems to thrive where nothing else will grow. Although Ground Ivy is considered a “weed” today- I prefer to call it an “Herb underfoot.” It really is anti- inflammatory, anti-viral, astringent, and a good expectorant. It inhibits the growth of Epstein-Barr virus: the virus that facilitates some skin tumors to grow.

Hawthorne Crataegus spp.
Hawthorne trees can grow for hundreds of years- with their gnarled twisted trunks. The ancients burned the wood as fuel and collected Hawthorne berries for use as a diuretic, and as a treatment for heart problems. Even today, the Hawthorn is held in reverence, is used in hedges, and can be found near sacred wells in England and Wales. Visited often at night, its branches are festooned with tiny bits of lace and cloth to signify its sacred position on the earth. Today, Hawthorne is used to improve the blood supply to the heart and as an antioxidant specifically directed to blood vessels, keeping the walls clean. It lowers high blood pressure, and helps the heart pump more efficiently.

Madder Rubia tinctorum (Dyer’s weed)
Madder was used to acidify the system and to cleanse the blood. Madder helps to “knit” broken bones, alleviate fever, and supports liver function. It is especially useful for urinary tract infections.

Mandrake Mandragora officinalis
Mandrake was used as an anesthetic and soporific. Although not much evidence is apparent, it is probable that the Druids used Mandrake in combination with Henbane, Ivy, Hops, Wild Lettuce, and Poppy to produce sleep and to engender “trances.” The smell of the root was said to be sufficient to cause sleep. The leaves are used in poultices for ulcers.

Meadowsweet Spirea ulmaria (Queen-of-the-Meadow, Bridewort, Bride-of-the-Meadow)
Meadowsweet was used to treat fevers and depression. One of the “strewing” Herbs, Meadowsweet was strewn on the ground during “handfastings” and on chamber floors to freshen the room and repel pests. Interestingly, the scent of the leaf is quite different from the flower. The heady scent of the flower represented courtship, while the sharp smell of the foliage represented marriage.

Mint Mentha sativa
Mint -also a strewing Herb- was used as a “protective herb” for the home and eaten to calm digestion.

Mistletoe European Viscum album (Birdlime, Golden Bough, Holy Wood)
Mistletoe was (and still is) used to treat tumors. One of the sacred HERBS, Mistletoe was gathered only by Druids, who are said to have spread their white cloaks on the ground beneath Mistletoe to protect its fall to earth.

Motherwort Leonurus cardiaca
Motherwort has always been a symbol of the feminine. Summer festivals were occasions to dance with Motherwart in the hair. Motherwort is a bitter mint with a strong taste. Its name connotes association with motherhood and the uterus. Its intensely bitter taste has a calming effect on the sympathetic nervous system- calming heart palpitations. It has long been utilized during menopause for nervousness and hormonal changes.

Nettle Urtica dioica (Cow Itch)
Another ancient plant, Nettles is soothing to skin (after the “nettling” has been neutralized by heat or pressure.) Nettle leaf ointments have been utilized to stop bleeding from wounds and nose bleeds. Nettle leaf stops both internal and external bleeding. The long fibers were woven into cloth when flax was not available. People have eaten Nettles for centuries as a spring tonic. A “pot Herb,” Nettles makes wonderfully nourishing soup. Nettle leaves also contain anti-inflammatory acids that help when used in tea as a tonic to treat hay fever, and joint inflammations. The tea also helps curb excessive menstrual bleeding. There is evidence that Nettle root contains a lectin that deters auto-immune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis.

Oak Quercus spp. (Duir)
Perhaps the most important HERB to the Druids, celebrations and ceremonies were always performed in the presence of an Oak. It was then and is presently used as an astringent. The inner layer of bark and young leaves were used as a gargle and as treatment for mouth sores and sore throats. The tea brings down fevers and stops internal bleeding. Taken both internally and externally, it shrinks varicose veins. Salve made from Oak shrinks hemorrhoids.

Plantain Plantago major
Then as now, Plantain is an “Herb underfoot,” growing along pathways and roads. Used as an ointment or poultice Plantain was said to “draw” inflammation from wounds and swelling from bruises. We still apply “spit” poultices of plantain for mosquito or ant bites and bee stings. It will also draw thorns or splinters from under the skin. Stimulating to the immune system, Plantain helps overcome viral infections. Internally, Plantain’s antibiotic and antispasmodic qualities lend itself to treatment of bronchitis, calming coughs and relieving bronchospasm. Because Plantain contains mucilage and tannins in addition to anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic action, it is also useful in treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and other irritations of the intestines.

Selago Lycopodium selago
One of the sacred Herbs, Selago was gathered using strict guidelines. As a moss, Selago develops a double- valve spore case which contains the powdery Herb. Spores were used to absorb fluids from injury, and to treat nosebleeds. Spores were also dusted on skin conditions such as diaper rash. Internally, the whole plant was utilized as a cathartic; the spores as a diuretic for edema and powerful cure for diarrhea. Incidentally, the spores are highly flammable, and were used to create pyrotechnical displays during ceremonies.

Self-Heal Prunella vulgaris (All-Heal, Heart-of-the-Earth)
Self-Heal was gathered at night, during the dark of the moon. It was harvested by the head Druid with his sacred sickle and raised above his head in his left hand. Self-Heal, like Vervain was an alter Herb; used to purify the alter and its celebrants. Its healing uses were determined by its antibacterial action: as a gargle and mouthwash. Its astringent action makes it helpful for diarrhea.

Silver Birch Betula alba
This sacred tree comprises the first letter of the Ogham alphabet and the month of November in the Druid calendar. Its peeling bark, paper thin, was most likely utilized as the first writing paper. The bark contains methyl salicylate (oil of Wintergreen); fragrant and anti-inflammatory. This oil was (and is) rubbed on joints for pain relief. Extract of the whole leaf lowers cholesterol and supports the liver. Birch bark is anti-fungal.

Saint John’s Wort Hypericum perforatum
St. John’s Wort was used since ancient times for pain (specifically deep nerve pain) hemorrhoids and wound healing. It was used internally for ulcers and inflammations of the bowels. Beautiful red oil is made from the yellow blossoms -steeped in oil in the sun to rub on painful areas, especially the spine.

Thyme Thymus vulgaris,T.serpantine
Thyme has been known since ancient time to have antiseptic properties. Anywhere Thyme grows wild will be a place of great energy. Thyme is helpful for sore throats with accompanying ear pain, and for cough. Gargling with Thyme is very helpful for this. Poultices containing Thyme heal skin irritations; facial washes help clear adolescent skin. Internally, Thyme is both anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic; calming irritable bowel and relieving gas.

Valerian Valeriana officinalis (Phu)
Sedative in nature, Valerian was used in ancient times to calm the wounded with healing sleep. Nicknamed because of its disgusting smell, Valerian was also called “all heal” in Medieval times. It produces restful sleep without hangover, but can become habit-forming.

Vervain Verbenia officinalis (Enchanter’s Herb, Herb of Grace)
Pretty Vervain, with its lilac flowers, was infused in wine or worn on the head during Midsummer festivals. Vervain is anti-inflammatory, and anti- spasmodic, to calm the digestion, and was used to purge stones from the urinary tract. It is a mild diaphoretic and lightens mood.

Wild Basil Calmintha clonopodium
Wild Basil was used like Thyme and Calamint is today, as an anti-bacterial. Useful as a liver and spleen cleanser, Wild Basil helps clear jaundice. Externally, a poultice of Wild Basil can clear eyes. Combined with Rosemary and Lavender, it is helpful for migraine headaches.

Water Horehound Lycopus eruopaeus, L. virginicus (Gypsyweed, Bugleweed)
Water Horehound was used in incense and garlands during ceremonies. Presently, Water Horehound, a square-stemmed Mint is utilized as an astringent and a sedative. It has been shown to exhibit a calming effect on an overactive thyroid.

Willow Salix spp.
Sacred to the Druids, Willow was the letter “s” in the alphabet and the month of February (some sources say March) on their calendar. Willows are often found near ancient burial sites. It is a guardian tree, said to protect all it touches. Willow bark has always been used to alleviate pain; however, in the last century salicylic acid was isolated from the bark, and from that aspirin, the great analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine was born.

Woad Isatis tinctoria
Woad has antifungal properties, and was utilized as a dye- producing a blue color that was painted on skin fungus such as ringworm. It is thought that Woad was used to paint the skin ceremonially in ancient times, somewhat like tattooing is used today.

I PRESENT TO THEE PLANTS

They are all super useful! So uh all you planty people have at it! It’s Gaelic info, passed down through families. So have at it. It mentions Druids. Not like DnD but like male priests. This was all passed down to me and I wrote what had been written before me. This is good info.

Uh there are several that I do know that I am forbidden to mention due to their dangerous nature. I can tell you why tho! Several of them are used to uh stop babies from growing in the womb, several of them are hallucinogenic and more powerful than opiates, and more addicting, several of them can put people in comas and give them an out of body experience. Other just have spores so deadly that you walk through a field of them and you’ll be dead in hours. The more you knooowwwwww!