forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

We’re having 12 people over tomorrow, including my grandparents and a literal infant-
My mom is not taking this seriously
I’m honestly really terrified-

Deleted user

Aw dip, is there anything I can do to help? Even just emotional support.

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

what the-
isn't that illegal?

Probably, but it’s legal now in Colorado so therefore perfectly safe for my cousins from there to come down and hold a large gathering in my house, that’s obviously not in Colorado

@HighPockets group

I know I'm extremely late to this, but what Mir said. I couldn't put it better than her. We all love you, El, and we're all here for you <3
36 Awesome Possums And Opossums

@berlioz

Goodmorning everyone
Apparently there was a 5 year old in my state caught driving a car, going 30 mph down a highway, and the reason why is because he was "going to California to buy a Lamborghini." With $3 dollars. No one got hurt.
But I mean a 5 yr old on a highway. California bound. For a $3 Lamborghini. wAow.

Deleted user

Goodmorning everyone
Apparently there was a 5 year old in my state caught driving a car, going 30 mph down a highway, and the reason why is because he was "going to California to buy a Lamborghini." With $3 dollars. No one got hurt.
But I mean a 5 yr old on a highway. California bound. For a $3 Lamborghini. wAow.

And here I can't drive a toy car without breaking somthing

Deleted user

Welcome to History essays 101. I'm your instructor Relsey, I'll try to make this short.
Any essay consists of three parts, Introduction, Body, Conclusion. All you really need to write a good Essay in any subject is a solid Intro. If you have a good Intro the rest of the essay will fall into place on it's own. The intro has four parts, a Hook, Back ground information, Thesis, and argument. It's an essay with in an Essay if you will. the structure is this, Hook, Back ground information, Thesis, Arguments, Restatement of thesis.
The Hook and the Back ground information can be combined into the same category if we're talking about History essays. Combine the two and you'll have a better flow. "The year is 1918, Bombs have been destroying the once green field's of France for years. an entire generation of men have been wiped out by the Great war. This War to end Wars is about to end. In 1914 the conflict began…" If you make the background information your hook, you'll have a smoother transition, you can slip in extra details with out just saying them, we're all writers here aren't we? History is a huge Epic story to tell, so tell it in you Hook, the Back ground information will flow smoothly into it, think of this like a huge info dump, you're telling the reader anything they might need to know before you continue the essay.
Thesis is next, This section is easier than a lot of people think, so don't over think it. A thesis is just an arguable claim. Depending on the prompt this can take a bit of thinking. If the prompt gives you an argument to say yes or no to, then say yes or no. It doesn't have to be super complicated, If your prompt was, was the French revolution justified, just say, "The french revolution was not justified." Or "The French revolution was justified." Simple. The Prompts that ask you to explain something are a little bit more difficult but not by munch. Let's say the prompt is "Explain X Y and Z." This is secretly the best prompt you can get, I know I said it was more difficult, but all I mean is it means you have to think a little bit harder, really your life will be much easier in the end. For this prompt fins a thesis that allows you to use X, Y, and Z, as your argument. For example if this is your prompt "Explain how Bombing formations airplanes worked in World war two." You're thesis could be, "World War two Revolutionized how we use the Air force.". Next up is Argument.
Now this is where you need to look back at your thesis and figure out what bit's of information make it true.The First Kind of prompt is a little bit more difficult in this situation, Why is the French revolution justified, why isn't it. Think of at least three reasons, they can be very broad. In fact they should be broad it'll make it easier for you to write about them as body paragraphs. The second prompt makes this easy because you just have to explain what you've been asked to explain, if you were only given one or two things to explain, don't worry, just split your explanation into more than one paragraph.
Your body paragraphs will fall into place pretty easily after this, take those three arguments or reasons and write them out, always reference previous arguments in the current one. don't assume your reader will make the connection, you have to make it for them. If you want a really good score add in a counter argument for at least one argument and disprove at least one.
Last is your conclusion, a lot of people I know struggle with it, it's really really simple, flip the order of the intro, seriously that's all you have to do. Thesis, Arguments, Thesis, Background info, Hook. Look at your into and turn it up side down. "World War two Revolutionized how we use the Air force. This can clearly be seen by they way Bombing tactic's were introduced and used. This is also present in how technological advancements were made in air plains. In World war two the air craft was polished and perfected into the war machine it is today. With out World War two The Air force wouldn't have become to force it is today. Think back to the massive bombing raids done in Britten. Modern Air craft was truly created by the Flying fortresses in the 1940's." Or something like that, spend a bit more time on it then I did just their but I think the point has been gotten across.
That's the end enjoy, go write some perfect scoring essays.

Omg, that is amazing, i'll take your advice on this. And hopefully It goes well!

@ElderGod-Icefire

Aight. So. Who knew Lori? Like, for real. Anyone else have a PM with her?

I mean…I sorta did? We had two RPs and I'd like to think we grew close outside of those, but I don't know if I really qualify?

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Aight. So. Who knew Lori? Like, for real. Anyone else have a PM with her?

I mean…I sorta did? We had two RPs and I'd like to think we grew close outside of those, but I don't know if I really qualify?

Did you have a PM?