forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@HighPockets group

Don't know for sure. Maybe marines.
I'd like to do air force, but at the same time I have some personal reasons not to.
It's just, I already have depression, anxiety, panic disorder, and PTSD.
I feel like that's not a good mix.
But I'm at least doing basic training/boot camp. I've promised myself that.

Oh, cool. I actually have a lot of family who are/were in the military. So that was why I was curious. I have an uncle who was in the marines, but he was honorably discharged.

My dad was in the military. Bosnia. Fucked him up quite a bit.
But I want to do it. When I'm a senior there will be army people who come to our school at lunch and answer questions. I'll have a lot to ask lmao.
But my PTSD treatment should be done by then. If I up my meds before I go, I feel like everything else will be okay too.

They wait until you're a senior? We have people from different army branches in our lunchroom weekly.

Deleted user

I'd like to do air force, but at the same time I have some personal reasons not to.

Oh, cool. I actually have a lot of family who are/were in the military. So that was why I was curious. I have an uncle who was in the marines, but he was honorably discharged.

But I want to do it. When I'm a senior there will be army people who come to our school at lunch and answer questions. I'll have a lot to ask lmao.
But my PTSD treatment should be done by then. If I up my meds before I go, I feel like everything else will be okay too.

They wait until you're a senior? We have people from different army branches in our lunchroom weekly.

Really? Not here.

@Pickles group

Same

Mir are your lunches split up by grade?

Deleted user

And you think you'll be all fine after treatment is done?

PTSD is curable. I'm currently doing the treatment and I should be done by the time I'm of legal enlistment age. Do I think everything else will be okay? No. But I know how to manage. I've done it before and when I actually take my meds, I can deal mostly well.

Deleted user

Same

Mir are your lunches split up by grade?

Yessir.

Deleted user

Are you in any ROTC classes, Mir?

Not yet. And because of our budget we might be cutting them next year.

@berlioz

Oof

Deleted user

Oof

Right? We took a trip at the beginning of the year where we went to a base camp and did some of the courses. I'd pay to go back.

Deleted user

tw: sh scars

@berlioz

Oof

Right? We took a trip at the beginning of the year where we went to a base camp and did some of the courses. I'd pay to go back.

Definitely not for me. I've got military family. My grandpa wants me to join the army or the air force, and my parents and some family friends want me to join the IDF (Israel's military). Little do they know I'm a weakling who cannot handle such physical extremes that our brave military folk take on. It's like my anti-dream job lol, but I respect and admire people who go into it.

Deleted user

Oof

Definitely not for me. I've got military family. My grandpa wants me to join the army or the air force, and my parents and some family friends want me to join the IDF (Israel's military). Little do they know I'm a weakling who cannot handle such physical extremes that our brave military folk take on. It's like my anti-dream job lol, but I respect and admire people who go into it.

I wanna do it so bad!! Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I'm sO pAsSiOnAtE about it

@Anemone eco

I don't know why, but of all the times my brain decided it wanted to remind me about my mother, that now was the time. Just, why, brain? Was that really needed?

@berlioz

I wanna do it so bad!! Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I'm sO pAsSiOnAtE about it

Lol I'm happy for you. Hopefully they don't cut those classes.

@Consider-PB_and_the_Jellies

tw: sh scars

Covering them up might help you stop looking at them

@Kie group

Anyone ever put in hoop earrings then suddenly feel like taking over and commanding a whole ship? Or is that just me?

Deleted user

I don't know why, but of all the times my brain decided it wanted to remind me about my mother, that now was the time. Just, why, brain? Was that really needed?

huh?

@Anemone eco

The one time I felt like I was commanding a ship was some time years ago when I'd watched some pirate movie (can't remember what) and I jumped down a flight of stairs yelling "shiver me timbers!" because I thought I could take on the world.