forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

but they’re talking about how masks are stupid, against our rights, how they aren’t sick so they shouldn’t have to wear any, they’re uncomfortable and fog up their glasses, boo hoo
“we should open up the country cause the lives sacrificed would be worth it”

like mom.
mom.

ok Boomer/Karen

@Kie group

but they’re talking about how masks are stupid, against our rights, how they aren’t sick so they shouldn’t have to wear any, they’re uncomfortable and fog up their glasses, boo hoo

like mom.
mom.

C-contacts? HAve they heard of them??? And they shouldn't fog up their glasses if they're wearing them right.

@Pickles group

like mom.
mom.

If you don't want to wear one
Don't leave your house

@berlioz

Well I think it is undecided and possibly irrelevant if God has a sex. But as a gender it is understood God is a he. Thus it is understood and thus it should be said if there is to be proper representation. If you want to make a Christian you should do the proper research and have half a grip on the religion in order to portray it. sighs in fury at the ancient Catholic church

It's not undecided, God simply doesn't have a gender or sex, based on how he's described. God is spirit, not confined by human qualities such as sex or gender. It is understood that he can be described as a "he", but that understanding is based on human language, which is fine and all, but we just don't have proper words to describe God. He's God, he's too great for mere words

Deleted user

Listen. I may now identify as Wiccan, but I was forced to be Catholic for 11-ish years.
I know more than you might think I do.
I don't believe in God. But if I did:

shrugs I'ma be on you for proper rep. For one, God is considered of male gender.

'God' isn't of any gender.* 'God' isn't a person.

And there are few who don't go to church and are actually devout.

Well consider him one of the few.

But I would have you consider having him be Non-denominational with a childhood of Protestant background. (If he's modern day and in America.)

Well, thanks for the thought, but no.

But thinking a necklace is gonna protect you isn't a very Christian idea as far as I know. Perhaps consider that it brings him courage instead.

Whatever you say, chief.

Domino.
I know more about Holden than you do.
I created Holden.
Thanks for trying to help, but trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Danke, gute nacht.

Deleted user

As a Christian, I don't believe God is male. If God created male and female both in his image, he couldn't be one or the other. The Bible uses male pronouns to refer to him though, so that's why people think that, but he's not actually male. God can't be confined by gender, he created it, so use whatever pronouns you want. I'm a non-denominational protestant, so if you have questions about how to make Holdens spiritual side more "real", feel free to ask me. Personally, I used to wear the cross to display to others and remind myself of my beliefs, and how to conduct myself (then I lost the necklace oof lol).

Well I think it is undecided and possibly irrelevant if God has a sex. But as a gender it is understood God is a he. Thus it is understood and thus it should be said if there is to be proper representation. If you want to make a Christian you should do the proper research and have half a grip on the religion in order to portray it. sighs in fury at the ancient Catholic church

Your reasoning is faulty.
You've said–in layman's terms– that God is a he because man said he was a he and that's that.
Once again you are reducing an almighty force to human standards which is…not good.
If we were meant to understand the deity, then we would. But we don't, so we cannot limit our minds in such a way.

Deleted user

realizing that Owen and I have a very similar thought process.

Oh hello

@HighPockets group

I can probably help with cross necklaces, I've seen a ton of variants at this point. Personally I like the more plain ones, either wood or silver, on a black chain. Not a fan of the uber-fancy ones, because I think it's a little weird to take the thing Jesus was killed on and turn it into some dainty little gold and pearl thing.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

like mom.
mom.

and i thought dad would be better but no. they both believe this garbage
what happened to being pro-life
why is it only applying to abortion and not a global pandemic that could wipe out millions, born and unborn if we aren’t careful

…just let me slap them already

Aight. The thing about this disease is that quarantine in no way will put a stop to it. Unless it is somehow completely contained and literally everyone is healed before we are released. The chances of which are an astronomical number of zeros after a decimal before reaching anything else. Once we are released, the disease will spread again most likely.
This disease kills few. Those few should stay home. But the quarantine is doing huge damage to people. Unemployment rates are not good. Forcing people to stay home is costing people jobs. Doctors are being let go because their are not enough patients to keep them busy.
I'm saying that this virus is deadly to people already at risk and old people. Not good, sure. But strangling the rest of the population out of their money when there is no proof it will work seems wrong.

@berlioz

I can probably help with cross necklaces, I've seen a ton of variants at this point. Personally I like the more plain ones, either wood or silver, on a black chain. Not a fan of the uber-fancy ones, because I think it's a little weird to take the thing Jesus was killed on and turn it into some dainty little gold and pearl thing.

My parents brought me back an olive wood one with a white inlay from Israel. I wore it for years, then lost it during gym class whOOps.

@HighPockets group

If you want to be the one who goes out because "fuck the quarantine" and gets someone's grandmother sick, be my guest, but quarantine is the best bet we have to flatten the curve. We can either attempt to slow the spread and save lives, or let everyone back out and see the spike of people getting sick.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Your reasoning is faulty.
You've said–in layman's terms– that God is a he because man said he was a he and that's that.
Once again you are reducing an almighty force to human standards which is…not good.
If we were meant to understand the deity, then we would. But we don't, so we cannot limit our minds in such a way.

No I did not.
God himself calls himself he. He calls himself father. So the gender he goes by is male. Gender. Not sex.

Deleted user

I'm thinking like a gold cross. Not dainty, kind of chunky. Maybe a black cord/chain.

@HighPockets group

My parents brought me back an olive wood one with a white inlay from Israel. I wore it for years, then lost it during gym class whOOps.

OOF

Deleted user

is offended in Spanish

@HighPockets group

is offended in Spanish

To be fair they're gorgeous, just not for me.

Deleted user

is offended in Spanish

same. the only ones I have are a gold one that was my grandmother's and a silver one given to me by my mother shortly before I decided not to go through with my confirmation…..

@HighPockets group

is offended in Spanish

same. the only ones I have are a gold one that was my grandmother's and a silver one given to me by my mother shortly before I decided not to go through with my confirmation…..

I don't think I have any, which is sort of surprising since a) my mom works at a church and b) I have a lot of necklaces.

Deleted user

I have a beautiful gold cross necklace.
I don't wear it anymore.