forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

@HighPockets group

Not a fan of the uber-fancy ones, because I think it's a little weird to take the thing Jesus was killed on and turn it into some dainty little gold and pearl thing.

I guess that makes sense. But might as well be pretty, right? I mean the other option is grim iron. Which would also be legit.

I like the ones that look like they're made of nails.
Wow that sentence has big Cotton Candy Randy energy

I hate you sometimes

I know ;)

Deleted user

Can I just:

THERE ARE OTHER WAYS THE ECONOMY CAN BE CONTROLLED

Now that I have your attention, yes, opening America is the best choice for the economy. But Economists (if you do your research) feel we’re not going to enter a deep depression as we did. We still have jobs, money is still going into the economy due to people ordering out more (unable to find food at grocery stores, and businesses finding alternatives). That’s why the giant fund for small businesses like hair salons was pushed out, for if it wasn’t, a lot of businesses would be floundering.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Dom
I love you
But you're really pissing me off

It really do be like that sometimes.

I will absolutely go off on you.
It will not be funny.

So let's change the subject.

Honestly I'm used to you so I'll end up feeling exactly the same about you after you're done. You're still my friend. So I don't care. One doesn't talk about problems and stop when things get heated. It's foolish.

Deleted user

Sorry, was the debate chat just a fever dream? Oops

If you want to be the one who goes out because "fuck the quarantine" and gets someone's grandmother sick, be my guest, but quarantine is the best bet we have to flatten the curve. We can either attempt to slow the spread and save lives, or let everyone back out and see the spike of people getting sick.

So what is the solution you stand by? Stay inside until the disease is entirely eradicated and we have another great depression? Oof that sounds like a false dichotomy.

I mean, I'd rather have to come back from an economic crash than from hundreds of millions of deaths.

But people losing their jobs is pretty serious too. And you don't know that many people will die. The vast majority can ride it through.

@HighPockets group

If you want to be the one who goes out because "fuck the quarantine" and gets someone's grandmother sick, be my guest, but quarantine is the best bet we have to flatten the curve. We can either attempt to slow the spread and save lives, or let everyone back out and see the spike of people getting sick.

So what is the solution you stand by? Stay inside until the disease is entirely eradicated and we have another great depression? Oof that sounds like a false dichotomy.

I mean, I'd rather have to come back from an economic crash than from hundreds of millions of deaths.

But people losing their jobs is pretty serious too. And you don't know that many people will die. The vast majority can ride it through.

Yeah, and then pass it on to other people. I'm sorry, but I'm putting the actual humans lives above the economy, and I'm sorry if you have an issue with that. I wasn't aware that caring about people being exposed to a disease that guess what! isn't just killing the old and immunocompromised, was something I needed to explain.

Deleted user

Why must everything be so elaborate and confusing

@Anemone eco

Why must everything be so elaborate and confusing

Are you talking about what's going on here or something else? If something else, feel free to vent about it. :)

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

i don't have much to say on the debate as i haven't been paying attention to the conversation
but i will say that it's not just the old or unhealthy people dying
there's a strain of coronavirus that affects the heart, not just the lungs, and it can be fatal to nearly anyone, regardless of their health
and even if it was just them, i'd like my grandparents, aunt, mother, and my friend with asthma to not die, thank you

@HighPockets group

i don't have much to say on the debate as i haven't been paying attention to the conversation
but i will say that it's not just the old or unhealthy people dying
there's a strain of coronavirus that affects the heart, not just the lungs, and it can be fatal to nearly anyone, regardless of their health
and even if it was just them, i'd like my grandparents, aunt, mother, and my friend with asthma to not die, thank you

THANK YOU!!

I'm putting the actual humans lives above the economy,

With the new info, I have to consider my position more.
But. When I am concerned about the economy it's not about some numbers. It's about all the people that are loosing their footholds in the world.

@HighPockets group

I'm putting the actual humans lives above the economy,

With the new info, I have to consider my position more.
But. When I am concerned about the economy it's not about some numbers. It's about all the people that are loosing their footholds in the world.

You can regain footholds. You can't regain life.