forum Personal Venting Chat, New and Improved! (Without Jerks)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 126 followers

Deleted user

oh gawd it’s like we all have the same ideals

so I’m about to sound super childish, but because of this, you guys are also extremely petrified of rape, right?

@Anemone eco

… I'll just say that no offense was taken and move on with my life.

Uh… I'm not sure if I have a vent or not at this point in time. I think it's just a bit of a bad mood so I guess I'll just chill out a bit until it passes.

Deleted user

so I’m about to sound super childish, but because of this, you guys are also extremely petrified of rape, right?

i am

ok but like, i’ve only met one other person who is afraid of it like I am. like, that’s absolutely nuts

it’s so scary to me and i just———-

@Anemone eco

I'm petrified of rape. It's a verytraumatizingscary thing to think about.

@Pickles group

Yeah obviously, but not *petrified. I'm more scared of being kidnapped, tortured, murdered, stuff like that. But I think it's because we're all women. I'm like, 90% sure that a significant part of us being scared of men is because we're females

Deleted user

I mean I’m pretty like, terrified to the point where I’m thinking about it too much.

it’s a problem without a reason

Deleted user

I'm not afraid of men.
Have there been times when a specific man has made me scared?
Yes.
But I have no problem with men.

@Pickles group

I mean I’m pretty like, terrified to the point where I’m thinking about it too much.

Your reason (I'm guessing) is rape culture, and probably some other stuff that I don't know about or can't think of

@Pickles group

I'm not afraid of men.
Have there been times when a specific man has made me scared?
Yes.
But I have no problem with men.

Men on the street scare me. Men I know though, don't. Except those times when I'm panicking that they could do something to me and no one would believe and I wouldn't be able to stop it

Deleted user

Your reason (I'm guessing) is rape culture, and probably some other stuff that I don't know about or can't think of

Most likely, but I haven’t gone through anything traumatic. I mean when I was younger, one of the first videos I watched on my own on Youtube was like, this fictionalized video of a woman being chased down and raped. It might sound like I’m lying but I remember it extremely clearly, and it was a while ago. I still remember my thoughts on it and just everything.

Idk it might be that. I spend a lot of time thinking about why I’m so scared the way I am, but literally nothing else has threatened me to the point where I’d be logically scared of it.

@Pickles group

Most likely, but I haven’t gone through anything traumatic. I mean when I was younger, one of the first videos I watched on my own on Youtube was like, this fictionalized video of a woman being chased down and raped. It might sound like I’m lying but I remember it extremely clearly, and it was a while ago. I still remember my thoughts on it and just everything.

Idk it might be that. I spend a lot of time thinking about why I’m so scared the way I am, but literally nothing else has threatened me to the point where I’d be logically scared of it.

I listen to a lot of true crime stuff which is where a lot of my fears come from, and my friend was raped by her ex boyfriend. Plus my parents have a general tendency to not believe what I say. I'm also very small and generally nonthreatening which is kinda scary

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I know this is a bit weird to say but this actually brightened my day a little, knowing I’m not completely alone-

Deleted user

I listen to a lot of true crime stuff which is where a lot of my fears come from, and my friend was raped by her ex boyfriend. Plus my parents have a general tendency to not believe what I say. I'm also very small and generally nonthreatening which is kinda scary

oof the whole reason I started working out was to feel better about going out without being scared lol
My parents have that same tendency, and considering how courts and stuff handle rape, then thinking how I’ll be after, it’s terrifying

@Pickles group

Not to diminish your point, Lizzie, but I think you're pretty intimidating.

Awwww clearly you have never seen me in all my 5'3 105 lb glory

@HighPockets group

My dude, one of my friends is 4'10" and I'm pretty sure she could knock me out if she wanted to

@Pickles group

My dude, one of my friends is 4'10" and I'm pretty sure she could knock me out if she wanted to

I don't have enough muscle to hold my arms above my head for more than maybe thirty seconds but I appreciate the sentiment

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

Is Shuri still taking a break or did she change her username. I can’t find her.

*He’s still here, we’ve talked a bit in some group DMs, he was actually online today
He’s just done with the general forums, something about “not wanting to be a burden to the site” (which is absolutely ridiculous because he was never a burden, he’s a loved and valued member of the community, yet no matter how many times I explain that he refuses to listen-)

and he did change his username a few times, I believe it’s currently along the lines of Shuri-The-Floofy-Doggo