forum Your Personal Venting Space 3: Tokyo Drift
Started by @The-N-U-T-Cracker
tune

people_alt 147 followers

@Becfromthedead group

Hot take? Yelling at your kids is actually never okay <3
Unless you have to raise your voice a bit so they can hear you, which isn't "yelling at them" per se.
Anger doesn't teach better behavior or memory or whatever. It just teaches kids how to walk on eggshells to avoid problems.

@Relsey

Hot take? Yelling at your kids is actually never okay <3
Unless you have to raise your voice a bit so they can hear you, which isn't "yelling at them" per se.
Anger doesn't teach better behavior or memory or whatever. It just teaches kids how to walk on eggshells to avoid problems.

Addition to this Hot take.
Shaming your kids "Shame on you for x,y,z" Not ok, invalidating them by saying "That's not a very good reason to cry" That's not ok, Especially with a younger kid, that's unacceptable and you will get your good parent license revoked.
My Sister has been putting down boundaries with her kid and my parents and their reaction just make me want to send them over a freaking cliff. "Well we can't wack him when he misbehaves and we can't yell at him so we just have to let him do things he shouldn't be doing." Like really? No Wonder all of your kids have Mental issues, you can discipline a kid with out yelling or hitting, what the actual heck.

@Becfromthedead group

Maybe just… talk to them like a normal human???? Most kids don't like bad consequences for their actions. Like don't climb that, you'll get hurt. Don't hit your sibling because you wouldn't want them to hit you. Say please and thank you because it's polite.
Kids are so much smarter than we give them credit for! And when they get older, they obviously understand what you're saying. Punishment isn't super useful at that point. In fact, acts of "rebellion" usually indicate you've fucked up as a parent.
(Also, I'm a victim of "don't cry over that," and "you're too sensitive." I now have anxiety and depression and hate myself for having normal human emotions sometimes)

@philosophicalmess

well aware some people don't like me
we are all young and therefore I understand that some people will hold onto grudges and not accept the truth.
quite frankly
I don't care
hate me all you want
I know the truth
and nothing you can say or do will change that
I'm happy in my real life
I have people that look out for me
so I don't need any validation from anyone here
this is just a fun site for me to come on and do what I do best
write good shit.

@Relsey

wait wait
there aren't like
just
stupid reasons
to be sad
or frustrated
or cry
or just have feelings about?????????
w h a t

There are not, you just have feelings, there is just your brain making chemicals, well not just your brain I'm pretty sure cortisol has something to do with your Kidneys , that's a question for my sister not me. But No there is no stupid reason to be sad, there is just sad, there is no stupid reason to be frustrated, there is just being frustrated. Like getting frustrated because you lost a pen, that's valid, crying because you ripped a piece of paper on accident, valid. I'm here to tell you that there is no stupid reason to cry, or be sad or frustrated, because it's your bodies response to something and it responds that way for a reason.
I use a shoe metaphor for this, when we're little we have little shoes that what fits us, to grown up people those shoes look tiny, but to a child those shoes are what they can wear, they can't wear big kid shoes. That's how problems are, when were older we look at a little kids problems and think, that's a ridiculous reason to cry, but to the kid's mind it's a perfectly good reason to cry.
But you know there is still a part of you that's 6, there is still a part of you that's 10 and 3. Some day's the three year old in you is going to come out and you have to let your self be three and cry it out. Some day's you're going to be 13 and your not going to want to do any thing because Authority figures can kick a bucket. You're every single age you've ever been and some times you're going to be three and you're going to need to be frustrated over little things before you can be 17 again.
(Also you should read this short story, it's really good and covers what I talk about pretty well, https://www.sps186.org/downloads/basic/777685/eleven%20.pdf )

@larcenistarsonist group

Emotions are just so weird. I experience a lot of regular human emotions on a very small scale compared to other people. Like I'm never as happy as some people, I can never just break down and cry like some people, I don't get nervous or anxious… I just- EmOtIoNs.

The emotions that I experience the MOST have to be irritation, bafflement, and then… Those are the only two times I really feel something. I can't remember the last time I cried that wasn't provoked by someone yelling or screaming at me… And I can't remember the last time I genuinely smiled.

But because I don't get emotions, that doesn't mean that I'll ever invalidate other's. I'm always available for someone to vent or rant to. I will always help someone who's struggling out, that is if they want it.

People who invalidate emotions infuriate me.

@requiemisback language

ack
dad decided to yell at me again
this time it's???? because of my love for fictional characters?????? and he says it's weird to show love to people that aren't real???????????
like who else am i gonna show love to when i have no chance at having an actual romantic relationship smh
my dad seems to be like. just finding excuses to yell at me at this point

@requiemisback language

exactly????????? i don't really understand the whole situation and it's all just super weird???????? i also told him about this whole fictional character situation some time before and?????? he was fine with it but now???????? he's mad about it??????????? like i said it's just???????? super weird??????????

@saor_illust school

wait wait
there aren't like
just
stupid reasons
to be sad
or frustrated
or cry
or just have feelings about?????????
w h a t

There are not, you just have feelings, there is just your brain making chemicals, well not just your brain I'm pretty sure cortisol has something to do with your Kidneys , that's a question for my sister not me. But No there is no stupid reason to be sad, there is just sad, there is no stupid reason to be frustrated, there is just being frustrated. Like getting frustrated because you lost a pen, that's valid, crying because you ripped a piece of paper on accident, valid. I'm here to tell you that there is no stupid reason to cry, or be sad or frustrated, because it's your bodies response to something and it responds that way for a reason.
I use a shoe metaphor for this, when we're little we have little shoes that what fits us, to grown up people those shoes look tiny, but to a child those shoes are what they can wear, they can't wear big kid shoes. That's how problems are, when were older we look at a little kids problems and think, that's a ridiculous reason to cry, but to the kid's mind it's a perfectly good reason to cry.
But you know there is still a part of you that's 6, there is still a part of you that's 10 and 3. Some day's the three year old in you is going to come out and you have to let your self be three and cry it out. Some day's you're going to be 13 and your not going to want to do any thing because Authority figures can kick a bucket. You're every single age you've ever been and some times you're going to be three and you're going to need to be frustrated over little things before you can be 17 again.
(Also you should read this short story, it's really good and covers what I talk about pretty well, https://www.sps186.org/downloads/basic/777685/eleven%20.pdf )

woahhhh
tytyty

@ghosthugs__

ack
this time it's???? because of my love for fictional characters?????? and he says it's weird to show love to people that aren't real???????????
like who else am i gonna show love to when i have no chance at having an actual romantic relationship smh

fuckin,,,what?????
don't listen to him smh, i do the same thing

@requiemisback language

ack

fuckin,,,what?????

yeah i made it a point to like
ignore his incessant and nonsensical shouting from now from
so dhfjjfhfk my obsession with fictional characters lives to see another day

@ghosthugs__

ack

fuckin,,,what?????

yeah i made it a point to like
ignore his incessant and nonsensical shouting from now from
so dhfjjfhfk my obsession with fictional characters lives to see another day

as you should

@ClownB*tch eco

TW: Death

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Tw: Mentions of p*dophilia, manipulation I'm pretty sure, threatened suicide

@ElderGodSwimwithGamers group

Ahaaaa
So
Tw creepy older men hitting on underage peep and r*pe mention

Deleted user

I'm really pissed for very little but someone keeps fucking with one of my pet peeves
So ignore this:
IF I DO NOT REPLY TO AN RP, IT'S FOR A REASON!!! DO NOT CONTINUE TO BUMP IT EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
I HAVE ALL MY RPS WRITTEN DOWN IN A DOC SO I CAN RESPOND WHEN I HAVE THE MOTIVATION
I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME NOR MOTIVATION TO ROLEPLAY A LOT

Deleted user

I'm really pissed for very little but someone keeps fucking with one of my pet peeves
So ignore this:
IF I DO NOT REPLY TO AN RP, IT'S FOR A REASON!!! DO NOT CONTINUE TO BUMP IT EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
I HAVE ALL MY RPS WRITTEN DOWN IN A DOC SO I CAN RESPOND WHEN I HAVE THE MOTIVATION
I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME NOR MOTIVATION TO ROLEPLAY A LOT

Agreed. I can’t respond to everything all the time and you should not expect me too. Sorry you’re dealing with that sort of thing,I feel you.

Deleted user

It's on a roleplay I started as well, in a o/o where I SPECIFIED THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE FREQUENT UPDATES BECUASE I HAVE A FUCKING LIFE OUTSDE OF RESPONDING TO RPS

@Becfromthedead group

I've been feeling really upset and angry about my partner's and my ex-girlfriend.
Like I broke up with her after a couple of months because I slipped into a deep depression and we were having communication issues. Figured we were better off as friends. But my partner and her were still dating. Things were perfectly fine for a while, but actually the relationship turned out to be really really fucking toxic.
As someone from the outside looking in, I recognized that quickly, but they weren't emotionally ready for that breakup until months later. And I still don't know every detail of what went down, because my partner doesn't want to burden me with all of it. Though I told them not to worry about that, and to share when and if they ever want.
But the gist of it is that she was very manipulative and also sometimes borderline obsessive towards them, and took a up a LOT of their time, also choosing to draw them away from a lot of their friends where possible. I felt like I, as their fiancee was being slighted, but I was trying so damn hard not to be jealous or demanding. And they listened to all my concerns. They really did. They were just stuck.
Now, their mentor figure actually advised them to break up with me at some point (which uhhhh, really bad decision. We're literally best friends, have never had a serious fight, and have been together for years and are incredibly comfortable with each other, down to every flaw). I'm really glad they shared that with me, though, because we were able to pick through why that was a bad choice. See, the problem was, this was supposed to be a POLY relationship. Not a competition. And their ex was making this essentially a competition. According to her, my fiance was "her only friend," and a lot of other really unhealthy clingy stuff. They had really only been dating a few months, but long-term relationship plans were already in the air that they were not ready for.
About this time last year, my partner had a very severe panic attack that they were hospitalized over, and it was… literally the ex's fault. I never blame people for that sort of thing, but even they agree with me on that. And who came and met them to make sure they got the care they needed? Who called emergency services because they were afraid their life was in danger? Who kept in close contact with their mother to make sure everything was okay after the fact? That's right, it was me.
And even thereafter, she was still so clingy and manipulative, and I don't even know the half of what she did, but it's had some long-term effects on my partner.
They have nightmares about her. They get really depressed and angry just thinking about her.
I was actually pretty chill while the relationship was still happening, in order to avoid hurting anyone, but even though it's been about 9 months since they broke up, I'm actually feeling more angry now than I ever did while they were together. And I guess it's because they are still feeling the effects.
And every time I see her name, it just pisses me off. Like what a fake-ass bitch.

Sorry, rant over. I just have no one to talk about this with, and it's been making me so sad and angry lately.