forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

In my psychology class today the teacher was talking about the difference between Conditional and Unconditional love (mainly from parent to child) and how having one or the other affects your development and as my professor was talking about how being raised with Conditional instead of Unconditional love affects kids/teens I just,,,, felt very called out by all the symptoms and affects that were being listed. Because I feel like for my parents, the unspoken condition for their love is to be a Good ChristianTM and I'm,,,,not. But they don't know that because I'm so good at hiding who I am and hiding everything and being their perfect kid and I just about cried in class because I was getting so. called. out. maybe called out is the wrong phrasing. idk. I just…i don't know how to feel anymore. I'm so tired of living like this

@ElderGod-Icefire

My youngest brother is so toxic that it's scary. Like, it's almost funny rn because he's 10 but all I can think is that he's going to be abusive when he's older. He's going to date people and be emotionally abusive (idk about physically but definitely emotionally). He gaslights and manipulates and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way and honestly it's terrifying

@The-Magician group

Tw: self-destructive behaviour.
I’d like to be rude to whatever triggered the thing in my 8-year old sister’s mind telling her to direct her violence to herself. Like I understand that children experience loads of emotions growing up and they don’t always know how to express themselves— but when a little 8 year old girl is expressing her negative feelings by saying

and then proceeds to grab a steak knife and lock herself in the playroom… I just want to know what happened 😔

@Pickles group

I tried to go to bed at like 8:30 last night and it was midnight before I fell asleep. And now I have class in two hours and I've barely done any of my work

@berlioz

Magnesium is what helped me get to sleep and stay asleep
I take it in the morning with the rest of my stuff
10/10 would recommend

@berlioz

In my psychology class today the teacher was talking about the difference between Conditional and Unconditional love (mainly from parent to child) and how having one or the other affects your development and as my professor was talking about how being raised with Conditional instead of Unconditional love affects kids/teens I just,,,, felt very called out by all the symptoms and affects that were being listed. Because I feel like for my parents, the unspoken condition for their love is to be a Good ChristianTM and I'm,,,,not. But they don't know that because I'm so good at hiding who I am and hiding everything and being their perfect kid and I just about cried in class because I was getting so. called. out. maybe called out is the wrong phrasing. idk. I just…i don't know how to feel anymore. I'm so tired of living like this

Bruh
One of the biggest sames I've ever samed
My parents love me, but it's not really me. It's just the projection I provide for them so I don't get in trouble. I spend a lot of time preparing for the day I'll come out and the supposed "unconditional love" will come to a halt. Luckily for me, I have good friends and resources that'll be there for me when that day does come. And that day won't be all bad- we get to stop lying about who we are, which is poggers.
But yeah. Big same.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Bruh
One of the biggest sames I've ever samed
My parents love me, but it's not really me. It's just the projection I provide for them so I don't get in trouble. I spend a lot of time preparing for the day I'll come out and the supposed "unconditional love" will come to a halt. Luckily for me, I have good friends and resources that'll be there for me when that day does come. And that day won't be all bad- we get to stop lying about who we are, which is poggers.
But yeah. Big same.

Yeah exactly. I've been mentally preparing myself for a while now, even tho it'll probably be another year or so before I'm able to come out

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Magnesium is what helped me get to sleep and stay asleep
I take it in the morning with the rest of my stuff
10/10 would recommend

Racecars are built of magnesium. It’s very light and flammable, though not so much in block, which is why you shave it to start fires.

@ElderGod-kirky group

why are my family so obsessed with pointing out that Australia "took away all their guns"????

a quick google search had provided me with the information that they did not take all of their guns, only the ones they banned (all semi-automatic rifles and all semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns), and that they have stricter regulations on them. one requirement is a legitimate reason for owning a gun. i like that idea. we need that idea

and to any hypothetical person that challenges my stance on gun control, which is that no one should own a weapon without proper reason (defense), and proper training, with "wElL yOu LiKe KnIvEs AnD tHeY'rE wEaPoN"

sir, i can't accidentally slit someone's throat with a slip of a finger. getting killed by a blade takes more effort than your "manly" pew pew

@cryptic-glitch

Why is it so easy to make up superhero titles, but so hard to come up with civilian names.

Chadwick Bezos

Jeffrey Bezos

Asaddfghdsfdsfdf Musk

Danny DoRito

durack the wayne johnson

@Katastrophic group

on one hand, yay fall! The season of hot chocolate, it's socialy acceptable to wear heavy sweatshirts and boots, pretty trees, the death of all annoying insects. On the other, I'd like to be rude to SAD because I feel it kicking in and I really want to fight god over it but I don't have the energy

and also rude to the rain cause its going to rain all week (gross drizzle, not even a nice crunchy thunderstorm) and start all that wonderful leafmold