forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

You guys ever just writing and then you're like "wait- is that really what the word means" and so you put a word that you're 90% sure of the definition of into the dictionary just to double check. Because yeah

Me but doing scansion for Shakespeare stuff

@ElderGod-Icefire

Bruhhhhh my coworker unironically was like "yeah but you're not like other girls, you're Ice" (he used my real name but I've replaced it bc privacy) and I. Akdbdhbsbsvvssvsvsvsv idk if I should laugh or not, I love the guy (platonically don't worry) but wow

@ElderGod-Icefire

What, "not like other girls"? Or?

If you're wondering about context, the conversation was about how when he was like, in fifth grade, girls would check out Twilight and he didn't think they could actually read it because it's so long and I said "I could have, at ten" and then he responded with that

@Pickles group

That feels kind of sexist, ngl
Also. Why were fifth graders allowed to read twilight?? breaking dawn is DEFINITELY not appropriate for them, even if we're excusing the others

@ElderGod-Icefire

k;ghkdfgn he's "centrist" and hates both Trump and Biden equally. Most of the time he has good takes on things but sometimes not
yeah idk why fifth graders were allowed to read it

@ElderGod-Icefire

I just figured out part of why the way he said it bothers me!

it's the exact kind of phrasing my ex would have used. holy shit that's…hefkgsdjbdkeghiufvng

@ElderGod-kirky group

it is a road trip. i now carry around a purse to places because Money. i have things in the backseat with me that i need to move around and grab and put in pockets and such

and my mother. constantly. berates me for "taking five years to get out of the car" when i am going as fast as I can without tripping myself up. and I'm taking thirty seconds AT MOST to orient myself and get out

wtf

@HighPockets group

That feels kind of sexist, ngl
Also. Why were fifth graders allowed to read twilight?? breaking dawn is DEFINITELY not appropriate for them, even if we're excusing the others

I genuinely don't even remember if my middle/elementary school library had Twilight…if it did, it was definitely one of the "only older middle schoolers can check this out" books

@croccin-champagne

if y'all wanna know a cursed take my ex and shane dawson are like. spiritual and physical twins

Those vibes are absolutely rancid

they are! I can't watch any of the commentary channels talking about the controversy because I literally just see my ex. same mannerisms, similar jokes; they even LOOK SIMILAR. and they have the same lack of hygiene

@Pickles group

I'm applying for gender inclusive housing, but I'm not out to my parents and I'm supposed to explain to the school why I'm interested and I. I don't know what to say?? I don't know if my parents are going to see my response or even that I applied for it
I also have to say what I'd contribute to it. What do I say to that? "I'm a queer ass bitch"???

@Pickles group

A whole bunch of people regardless of gender and sexuality all live on the same few floors and share gender neutral bathrooms. Which I desperately want because I don't want to be on an all girls or co-ed floor

@ElderGod-kirky group

"im a queer ass bitch that wants to be part of the real gae world" because really, who's ever heard of apartment complexes separating people by gender and sexuality?

@HighPockets group

"I'd like to get to know people of different genders and sexualities during my college experience as opposed to being in a co-ed dorm or in a solely girls dorm" and then maybe add "as a queer person, I think I could bring an additional perspective" or something if you're comfortable

@berlioz

I'm sure something as simple as "I don't identify within the binary, therefore binary housing will not work for me. I will provide (a unique outlook/talent/helpfulness), a fresh face, and comradery to the gender inclusive dorms. Additionally, I request this information doesn't reach my parents, as I am not out to them (or) I come from an unaccepting household."

Or if you don't want to lost your gender as a reason, Jyn's template is coolio.

@tungsten fastfood

Because I'm out (and my opinion doesn't matter but I still want to weigh in), I'd say "as a person outside of the binary, being around others who have the same issues fitting in with the given social construct would be much more beneficial to me than housing with those who identify with it. It would make me feel more comfortable and valid in who I am, and I feel like I'd be a better roommate to those who house with me than a cisgender person."