forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Nicolo_Needs_A_Nap

I- My mother just took my phone,,, which I was using to communicate with my ride to a con to work on my schoolwork??? The con is in fifteen minutes??? My ride said they were running late but I still need my phone to get updates???

@larcenistarsonist group

Why can't my brain tolerate any sort of font that isn't size 10 arial????

When I'm writing, I try to mess around with fonts or make the size bigger but my brain just short-circuits and refuses to write if it's not size 10, arial with the justified alignment.

@Pickles group

My skin was just getting so clear and then I got burned and put something on it and broke out so bad again. I want to cry, I hate having a flesh sack

@Pickles group

The amount of "who's got you?" you get when you're holding a baby is problematic. In other news, someone thought my cousin was my kid. Ma'am do I look like the kind of person who would give birth? I don't weigh a hundred pounds and I'm wearing a pink freud shirt and maroon combat boots

@Pickles group

fellow adults
if I don't invest my money will i go broke
because stocks are confusing and I don't care to learn how they work and it's a little too close to gambling for my comfort

@ElderGod-Icefire

So basically, because of inflation, money saved will actually lose it's worth as time goes on. The goal with investing, meanwhile, is to outpace inflation so that you aren't losing money value. Therefore, investing done right will yield better results, both in general and in terms of saving for retirement

Idk if that answered your question haha

Another tip is: if you do invest, invest in a company whose products you enjoy, because odds are if you enjoy it, others do too

@HighPockets group

I may have gotten a 99 in my econ class but all of the information I learned went through me like a sieve; lemme see if I still have resources on investing from it Plisdfgsads

@Pickles group

So basically, because of inflation, money saved will actually lose it's worth as time goes on. The goal with investing, meanwhile, is to outpace inflation so that you aren't losing money value. Therefore, investing done right will yield better results, both in general and in terms of saving for retirement

Another tip is: if you do invest, invest in a company whose products you enjoy, because odds are if you enjoy it, others do too

But
But wouldn't interest from having your money in the bank do that??

@ElderGod-Icefire

But
But wouldn't interest from having your money in the bank do that??

Not quite. Interest from the bank is typically very small (pennies a year) unless you already have a massive amount of money sitting in the bank. Interest from a savings account will not keep up with inflation, nor is it meant to. Money earned through stocks, however, will typically return a larger amount of money than a savings account ever will. Other ways to grow your money faster are Money Market Accounts or CD accounts (Certificate of something, not like a music disc lmao). Money Market Accounts function very similarly to savings accounts, but typically have higher rates of interest and therefore get more payout. CD accounts, on the other hand, are quite interesting. Basically, you put the money in the CD account for a set amount of time (6 months, one year, two years, five years, etc), with a higher rate of interest. The longer the money will be in the CD account, typically, the higher your interest, the more money you will earn. However, you will not be able to access the money in the CD account for whatever amount of time you set, nor will you be able to add more. Let's say I put $500 in a CD account for one year. I will not, therefore, be able to access that money for the entire year, nor will I be able to add to it. If I'm remembering correctly, MMA and CD accounts don't have quite the same amount of return as stocks, but they're safer, as you're guaranteed to at least recover the money you put in at the beginning

@Nicolo_Needs_A_Nap

Why can't my brain tolerate any sort of font that isn't size 10 arial????

When I'm writing, I try to mess around with fonts or make the size bigger but my brain just short-circuits and refuses to write if it's not size 10, arial with the justified alignment.

mmmmoood
comic sans and Georgia are the only fonts I can write with