forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

The fact that I haven’t yet read Dune is a pity.

To be fair, it is Hella Thicc.
I haven't read Dune bc I heard that the later books aren't very good, but I've had a copy of The Priory of the Orange Tree ever since quarantine started and still haven't read it. In my defense it's 850 pages

Ehh thicc books are good though as long as the reading isn’t too dense. Besides, 850 is just HP7 and a pinch.

@croccin-champagne

getting up early is loathsome in that the time itself isn't loathsome, but my body preparing itself for getting up early by never fully falling asleep

i call bullshit

mood. I'm actually a morning person if I could just not be tired

I'm so glad i started with part time, with this being one reason. if i were to work any consecutive days, I'd never sleep

you lucky bitch

@ElderGod-kirky group

getting up early is loathsome in that the time itself isn't loathsome, but my body preparing itself for getting up early by never fully falling asleep

i call bullshit

mood. I'm actually a morning person if I could just not be tired

I'm so glad i started with part time, with this being one reason. if i were to work any consecutive days, I'd never sleep

you lucky bitch

oh dw I'm already getting told to move to full time

@Pickles group

I don't think andrew (Our Supreme Lord and Overseer) would let me make my username Big-Titty-Kool-Aid-Hell-Satan and that makes me very upset

@Pickles group

krik applied to her mom's work so they responded fast, I applied to two last week I think and so far have gotten one email telling me to create an account with them to check on my application status in a week

I dislike the idea that whatever you do in this life will be punished or rewarded accordingly upon reincarnation.

same

Interesting. Why does karma seem unappealing in terms of reincarnation?

@berlioz

Damn 😔

Question: how many jobs did you have to apply for before one got back to you?

Idk. Not too many. But I got the job by showing up repeatedly until a manager talked to me.

Heheh. But like how much is too many? 3-5? 6-10?

@ElderGod-kirky group

I dislike the idea that whatever you do in this life will be punished or rewarded accordingly upon reincarnation.

same

for me at least, the idea of reincarnation is like a clean slate. you don't remember your past lives, why be punished for your misdeeds, or even rewarded for your good deeds during them?

edit: and karma should be in effect during the life where it's relevant. if i slice a man's throat now and get punished for it in a new life, what's even the point? i wouldn't know why i have a shit life

@requiemisback language

i'm really quickly gonna be rude to the ghost notification that is making me have to type out this message
anyways uh- time to go back to lurking because i'm not committed enough to keep talking here after this so-
ciao for now

same

for me at least, the idea of reincarnation is like a clean slate. you don't remember your past lives, why be punished for your misdeeds, or even rewarded for your good deeds during them?

I feel where you're coming from. The only answer I can think of is for incentive to do good.

@Pickles group

same

edit: and karma should be in effect during the life where it's relevant. if i slice a man's throat now and get punished for it in a new life, what's even the point? i wouldn't know why i have a shit life

This, and also, the flip side of that is "people in bad situations are paying retribution for something they did in a past life" which is very victim blame-y and leads to complacency & not helping people because they "deserve what they got"

@Pickles group

I feel where you're coming from. The only answer I can think of is for incentive to do good.

>another reason I'm not really a fan of the law of three. be a good person to be a good person, not because you think it'll make you reincarnate as a rich cis white man

@ElderGod-Icefire

Damn 😔

Uhhhhh I'm out of the ordinary, I got hired by the first place I interviewed at, during the interview. Sooo

@StarkSpangledMayflower_Mad_Elder

Damn 😔

I applied to every avalaible place and didn't get many responses, I think I applied to 30-50 places over the course of 6 months and didn't hear back from most of them but got a few interviews. The place my best friend works at was hiring and I applied there for shits and giggles but I got hired there 3 days after my interview

I tell my siblings this too but just keep applying to places that are hiring and that you would like to work at, you should get a response at some point

@HighPockets group

When I applied, I had to do some online training stuff before the interview and then had a brief chat. Found out the next day. But I also knew the manager so it was, like, borderline nepotism idk