forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

My English teacher: remember last week when we talked about propaganda techniques?
My English teacher: you're gonna use those and a handful of other logical fallacies to write a persuasive essay :)

@Pickles group

True Crime Don'ts with Pickles: If you're worried you're going to get murdered, don't justify being outside by yourself by saying "it's daylight, it's fine", ESPECIALLY if there's a serial killer on the loose. Anywhere near your area. Especially if your area is by a college. And if someone tries to stop you saying you dropped money, especially if it's dark, say it's not yours and get out of there. If they watched you drop it, tell them to keep it. If they say they won't take it, take a mental note of what they look like, wish them happy whatever holiday is closest and walk faster. There are only a few options for what happened. 1. You really did drop money and they were just being nice and now they've been rewarded with some cash to do with as they please 2. It was someone else's, which sucks for them but at least everyone's alive 3. There was no cash. The person was trying to lure you over to kidnap and murder you. Now you have your life, minimal trauma, and the police have a description when they murder someone else
Also, friendly reminder that there's no age you can be that someone out there wouldn't murder you. Stop letting your guard down after you turn thirty.

@berlioz

I would think above 30 is when you'd start worrying, cause then you've got a past someone might be out to get you for. But note taken, I'll worry for the rest of my life.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

So like. A school or smth is banning the Odyssey. So. Screw that.

Bruhh that's ridiculous, did they try to give a reason or something?

Sexism. And it’s valid to say there are many parts that are very sexist. But you don’t ban classic lit that’s older than Jesus.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Also I'd like to be rude to myself for being on the edge of tears nearly all day today because I miss my best friend so much. She's in a long-term mental care facility because she's been acting homicidal, suicidal, and saying she hears like, voices and stuff. I don't know all the specifics. But god, I miss her so so so much. She was my best friend for six or seven years, we had RPs that lasted for two years. We texted back and forth constantly, even once she moved out of state and there was a three hour time difference. And then a month or two ago, she got put in a mental care facility because she'd run away, and was threatening to kill her siblings and herself, and I don't know specifics but long story short, she's in the facility and I just. I miss her so much. I miss her friendship and texting her and being able to laugh with her, I miss our RPs, I miss…god. I miss everything about her and idk, I guess it all just hit me at once today? Because I've been reading through our old text messages and it's hitting me all at once and yeah

@ElderGod-Icefire

One of my classmates last year read The Iliad and she kept a bookmark that she drew a tally on for every named character
It got crowded very quickly

Lmao that's a neat idea

@Pickles group

True Crime Don'ts with Pickles: don't let your kid hit their head. Ever. And if they ever try to KILL someone else get them help ffs. And while it's cute to help your child with discovering how bodies decompose when they get curious, please don't let them play with roadkill

@Pickles group

A Do: make sure your friends know that if they want money without having to work, they can just ask you instead of murdering you to get the small fortune you just acquired from your dead aunt. Because while you're now, reunited with your aunt (assuming you were both either suitably good or suitably bad), the rest of your family has to deal with two dead relatives and a massive court case

@The-Magician group

Did I just spend the last hour researching what the actual fuck a GPA is and what it’s used for? Yes I did and it still confuses me as to how it’s important??

@ElderGod-Icefire

Yeah that's super important, colleges decide whether or not they want you, scholarships are awarded based on it, yeah. Does the UK not have anything like it??

@The-Magician group

After researching :

The British undergraduate degree classification system is a grading structure for undergraduate degrees or bachelor's degrees and integrated master's degrees in the United Kingdom. The system has been applied (sometimes with significant variations) in other countries and regions