forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

Honestly though, it's so annoying because even when you get the chance to take extracurriculars about specific topics (like law, medical stuff, etc.) they're so condensed that you don't really learn about the different specifics, and those classes usually aren't available until you're a junior or a senior. So that's two years if you're lucky to figure out a specific career you want. I don't know, the school system is just…ugh.

You also can't take all the specific classes in two years, you can get maybe three or four if you're really lucky

@HighPockets group

Yeah, exactly. As well as there being more available AP classes (and more pressure and incentive to tale AP classes) in your upperclassmen years. Add that on top of classes the school mandates that you need to graduate, and you really don't have much time to take classes you want to.

@berlioz

School for things based on experience, careers you typically wouldn't write a paper for when learning about it. So yeah, electrical stuff, carpentry, plumbing, cosmetology, etc.

@Katastrophic group

its very specified, kind of like an apprentinceship type thing. It's very specialized towards the field you want to work in and it's usually some sort of craft or construction thing. I blieve some of the art ones i looked at were 2-ish years? They dont do general ed classes so its more condensed.

@The-Magician group

Ah right okay. At my school we did those things from age 15 to 17, and then you could choose to continue doing them at college (last two years of high school for you Americans)

@Pickles group

I think I found the true crime case that's going to permanently break me
anyways, true crime don'ts with pickles, don't let your eight year old become an alcoholic

@croccin-champagne

okay i know we dont support jk rowling but anyone who's read harry potter needs to read Oh God, Not Again! by Sarah1281 on ao3 if you haven't already. it's fucking hilarious, and i get if fanfic isnt your thing, cause its not mine either, but this is seriously worth reading and just. replacing the books with in your head