forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Don't forget the Greeks and Romans, pretty sure in one of their armies gay sex was considered "manly bonding time" and was used as a morale booster(don't remember which one though, it's been a long time since I pulled that one out of the Knowledge Box)

@berlioz

Idk abt that, the Greco-Romans weren't as gay friendly as you think. I have no doubt gay sex was going on in the ranks, but the penetratee, so to speak would be considered a shameful weakling. Equal status gay romance wasn't really an accepted thing. Gay sex (as long as you were the penetrator) was. That's why I say it was an unfortunate place and time for Christianity to flourish, since they very evidentally adopted the "male (perceived) femininity bad" attitude.

@ElderGod-kirky group

sdfkghfjgh and now we have modern times, where gay men are "less manly." I think the ancient times were way better for lgbt peeps because they either went "Cool! But can you be useful?" or "Eyyyyy u gay? Perfect. Ultimate human being there." mostly towards gay men for the latter but

@ElderGod-kirky group

greece isn't so great with lgbt people nowadays, either. i think i read that they're more accepting of gay foreigners than they are of their local gays

i mean, yeah, there are definitely societies where they weren't very excepted, but there were also societies where they were, which is great! now we need to translate that acceptance to our modern times

@The-Magician group

By anything.
Sorry, when I wrote that I was having a bit of a mental breakdown over my art and the lack of success it’s bringing me.

If it helps the last thing you put in the show off your art chat made me super gay

It does, thank you ^-^

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

You don't not have enough energy to hate things, you're too chicken to have any differing politics from your parents beyond "gay people deserve rights" so you sit there saying you hate capitalism while being a capitalist and you simply don't give a damn about the things I'm passionate about. You hate plenty of things, you're just too bad at conversation to bring them up aside from random ranty text messages, and you have the audacity to say that I'm so tired because I hate things when I call you out for not hating something you should. Fuck you and your stupid takes. I don't want to talk to you. You make me feel like shit 90% of the time.
not any of you, don't worry lmao

Good bc I could totally see that being aimed at me.

Yes, they were seriously homophobic (gay sex deserved stoning to death at the city gates of both parties involved) and although eunuchs and those with deformed or damaged reproductive parts weren't allowed in the temple, eunuchs were still allowed to uh, exist. There was also a prophecy in Isaiah where these untraditionally gendered people would be fully accepted in God's kingdom. They weren't considered boys or girls and could freely move between gendered spaces. Pretty well respected. Christianity kinda put some twists on gender roles (women aren't property, women and men are each other's property, also Jesus was very feminist in his time) but it was growing in a place and time when gender roles were more strict. Christianity isn't the best example, but as I'm sure Ella will point out, there were plenty of gay, trans, and gender non-conforming saints. It wasn't always religiously taboo, at least not in every sect or community. As Judaism evolved they recognized six biological sexes, but gender roles were still traditional. Later on, when Islam was beginning there was a gender non-conforming individual named Hit who was a companion of the Prophet's wife. Hit was a mukhanath. A mukhanath was someone who was male but didn't desire women and was fine to pass through gendered spaces as they pleased. They were generally respected members of Islamic society. Islam didn't have any "homosexuality is unnatural" idea, until they adopted it from European Christians, which is now a norm in modern practice. In modern Reform Judaism, they don't heed to gender roles and trans people are fully welcomed. All these religions come from the same spiritual grandfather, and they've all shown gender fluidity throughout their evolutions.
This was all very poorly put together, I encourage you to look it up yourself. It's an interesting topic and quite the eye opener.

I think you said pretty well. But what about six biological sexes recognized? That doesn’t make sense.

@berlioz

I know you might not be ~prepared for this~ but sex is a bimodal distribution. In other words, a spectrum with two heavy prefferences (Source). It's not arguable, take it up with the scientists. It's just a fact the medical community has been recognizing since last century.
Jewish scholars just noticed the six most common manifestations of sex they were noticing and wrote them down in the Talmud (Source).

Okay interesting. Chart was whack. Nicely put in groups on that’s second one. But isn’t that just mutation? One percent if measured wide like the first article suggested? Not to contradictive for the sake of it, but I don’t think that counts in the same way. I could possibly be brought around though so… Idk.

@berlioz

If there's even one outlier in a binary system, the whole model false apart and it's proven to be false. Scientifically speaking. 1 in 100 people have this sort of "mutation." Too many people just don't fit in the binary sex model. Sex isn't just defined by a chromosome. Sex is determined by a whole slew of things, we'd be doing ourselves a major diservice, just flat out lying to ourselves, if we looked at it as "one or the other."
Sure, you may have learned in basic biology every human was either male or female. But there's no such thing as basic biology. A binary system is simply not an accurate way to describe sex.

@berlioz

Yes, I thought so too. Enjoy the research. Sex and gender are really interesting topics if you can look past personal bias.

@actual-fandom-trash

currently writing a relatively short essay about representation in she ra and its legacy in regards to modern media which is something I have So Many Thoughts on but my feelings are so big on this and I don't even know how to start it and I know I'll end up writing most of it before thursday but honestly it's one of those Big Things I really care about

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

I'd like to be rude to racist cops who use their position to hurt people

Tw: Guns, police brutality

https://yt3.ggpht.com/n6L2EL_m2Fo0Dxm12yYCTvac7giFSHMw8AEAlrjuOZa3ZyMWzwVOz3ujo3bn9UJZNnf2PJTJZY4ynDU=s392-nd

I just felt like I should share it somewhere, tell people, and I figured "what better place to be rude to police than roodeness". Anyways fuck them. Not much else I can say other than these people are garbage and shouldn't be in positions of power, it's dangerous.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Yo I think in Japan? gay men were considered manly because they were attractesd to other men which makes them double manly, while straight men were weaker since they needed femininity in their lives.

This makes perfect sense and also will be saved in my head for a future fanfic because w a n o

Deleted user

hi yes i would like to be rude to myself because f u c k y o u r e i
what went through your head to do that
what possessed you to not share your notes after class
what
just… why

Deleted user

What happened? If you wanna talk about it I mean

nothing, i just couldn't be assed to share my notes after class and that brought my grade down a bit lmaooooo