forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@furetakunai ac_unit

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PLAN TO GET MARRIED ALREADY??? THEY JUST MET AND SHARED ONE KISS!
That's not very healthy
And even if they survived the

That relationship wouldn't last long!!
Just, it feels insta-lovey, not that I'm one to talk about bad writing

I'd like to present to you that that's not what Romeo and Juliet is supposed to be about. It's not insta-lovey. It's a tragedy of two struggling teens trying to get their parents to end a stupid feud and the fact that their pleas are going ignored. Their emotions become strong, irrational, and hard to contain. The point is that it isn't supposed to be healthy. They feel as though their only escape from it is through suicide and that is exactly what they do. Or at least as I see it. It's not supposed to be some lovey-dovey story like Much Ado About Nothing is.

Deleted user

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PLAN TO GET MARRIED ALREADY??? THEY JUST MET AND SHARED ONE KISS!
That's not very healthy
And even if they survived the

That relationship wouldn't last long!!
Just, it feels insta-lovey, not that I'm one to talk about bad writing

I'd like to present to you that that's not what Romeo and Juliet is supposed to be about. It's not insta-lovey. It's a tragedy of two struggling teens trying to get their parents to end a stupid feud and the fact that their pleas are going ignored. Their emotions become strong, irrational, and hard to contain. The point is that it isn't supposed to be healthy. They feel as though their only escape from it is through suicide and that is exactly what they do. Or at least as I see it. It's not supposed to be some lovey-dovey story like Much Ado About Nothing is.

I see your point… I see your point…

@furetakunai ac_unit

I can understand pointing out a flaw in a book or something, but baselessly doing so is as good as judging the book by its cover. It's something society does about others. We judge without having a deeper understanding of the person or subject.

Deleted user

That's what I was trying to do, but I realize now it didn't come out like that

Deleted user

Did you even read the conversation we had, dip? Because we literally talked about that.

About how people say that they wanna be like Romeo and Juliet and how that's a flawed mindset?? Yeah

Deleted user

there was more to it than that

I know that, but I wanted to summarize the basics of that discussion

@Pickles group

No. I'm talking about all this stuff. That addressed why romeo and juliet isn't a cute love story like you seem to think it's supposed to.

not really, because kids are just like that. in an ideal situation they'd 'fall in love' and then break up over something stupid because they're teenagers and that's what teenagers do. the tragedy of the play is their death basically being at the hands of their families. because their families refused to understand that their kids had no actual reason to hate each other, and continued to try forcing them apart when realistically, they'd have probably broken up in a week or two

If Shakespeare meant for it to be a cutesy "#goals" romance, he'd have written it as a comedy. Of course you're supposed to feel sympathy/empathy (always get them confused) for Romeo and Juliet, but the point of the story isn't that they're sooooo in looooove, it's that they're two kids who think that the only way they can be happy is to fucking kill themselves because of a stupid feud between their families.

Deleted user

Did you even read the conversation we had, dip? Because we literally talked about that.

About how people say that they wanna be like Romeo and Juliet and how that's a flawed mindset?? Yeah

ah yes, failing to see the bigger picture
nice

Kristen Bell Eleanor Shellstrop GIF - KristenBell EleanorShellstrop EyeRoll  - Discover & Share GIFs

@croccin-champagne

you kinda skipped the part where i mentioned the exact same things being brought up now. the complaining about people comparing their relationships was the first part of the conversation

Deleted user

who said you did????

No. I'm talking about all this stuff. That addressed why romeo and juliet isn't a cute love story like you seem to think it's supposed to.

Pickles did.

I'd like to present to you that that's not what Romeo and Juliet is supposed to be about.

Furetakuni did.

LITERALLY EVERYONE SAID THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS MEANT TO BE A CUTE LOVE STORY

Deleted user

I literally just pointed out that the part about them wanting to get married was kinda insta-lovey. That was all. Just wanting to say what I thought about, not wanting an argument.

@croccin-champagne

i mean obviously not everyone, since all i did was point out the chunk of the conversation you missed

but i do agree with the point made about the relationship spawning from desperation and the end result also coming from that. it(the story) is an oof

Deleted user

I literally just pointed out that the part about them wanting to get married was kinda insta-lovey. That was all. Just wanting to say what I thought about, not wanting an argument.

literally no one went into this ready to argue????
if u can't see that you're the problem, i really don't know what to say

@croccin-champagne

them wanting to get married was kinda insta-lovey

dfhdfhgdf have you met middle schoolers lmao, i used to watch kids get promise rings after swapping numbers. preteens and teens are weird

@furetakunai ac_unit

I'd like to present to you that that's not what Romeo and Juliet is supposed to be about.

Furetakuni did.

One, spell my fucking name right if you're going to point fingers at me. Two, I said that quote to your fucking original point. Looks like you didn't read that either, huh? :)

Deleted user

Fine. I quit.

good, quit while ur ahead
but not when it comes to listening to rav's album