forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

1. Throwing the word racism around casually, reducing the power of such a statement.
  2. Insisting that [ethnic] people must have the “right” views or else they are either brainwashed, stupid, or race traitors.
  3. Counting them as a race instead of unique individuals (Tokenism).

I mean yeah you have some points, most of that does happen occasionally (except that last one, that's like exclusively democrats imo), but it's occasionally, and they get called out on it. That doesn't happen in the right wing. Right wing people are much more open, violent, and explicitly hateful (which I know, racism is still racism, but personally I'd rather hang around people who call me a lesbian when I've explicitly stated that I'm not than people who say stuff like "being gay is a sin". Can't speak for other people but I don't think that's just me), and no other right wing person calls them out on it that's part of why the right is so much more united than the left but that's a different conversation. Not to mention that leftist policies are based around love, acceptance, and empathy, while right policies are based off things that fundamentally exacerbate things like racism and classism.
Also. Things can be racist and not explicitly so. Calling out implicit biases and things that don't seem harmful at surface level isn't throwing it around casually or reducing the sentiment of racism. I mean I'm white but that's also a sentiment I've heard from people of color. Especially since people of color tend to do that sort of calling out.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Also, I acknowledge that regardless of ideology, it's an issue. But let me get one thing straight (gay). If you come around spouting the bullshit that you do about race traitoring (not a thing, we call it class traitoring and it applies to more than race) again, in fact, if you come anywhere near spouting bullshit about racism that I'm sure you aren't qualified to talk about in a way that covers every issue in a sensitive and intellectual way, I'll rip your kneecaps out with my fucking teeth. I generally don't talk about this stuff because I'm in no way qualified, so neither should you. Okay?

Neither should I?

Deleted user

Don't talk about shit you aren't qualified to talk about, it's that simple.

Deleted user

o god of being a smug, sanctimonious smartass.

bows

Fuck off.

No.

You will die alone, friendless, with nothing left to live for but your own selfishness and self-centeredness.

bows

Fuck off.

No.

You will die alone, friendless, with nothing left to live for but your own selfishness and self-centeredness.

Well, Starlight. That wasn’t very nice. It seems to shine a light on your character though.

Deleted user

Most people aren't. Including me. SO, drop it.

I fail to see how your (albeit innocent) ignorance encloses myself.

Hell, I know more than you do and I'm still learning. Okay? I feel like you're missing the point of dropping the subject, but then again, reading comprehension never came easy to people who apparently openly and shamelessly don't care about basic human decency, did it?

Deleted user

bows

Fuck off.

No.

Well, Starlight. That wasn’t very nice. It seems to shine a light on your character though.

Yes, I'm a mean bitter tr*nny deviant fuck who probably shouldn't even be alive, my parents have already covered this.

Hell, I know more than you do and I'm still learning. Okay? I feel like you're missing the point of dropping the subject, but then again, reading comprehension never came easy to people who apparently openly and shamelessly don't care about basic human decency, did it?

Do you though?
I don’t intend to drop it until I leave to do something better.
Basic human decency. And yet one of us is showing courtesy.

Deleted user

Do you though?
I don’t intend to drop it until I leave to do something better.
Basic human decency. And yet one of us is showing courtesy.

Perhaps I do. Quiz me fucko.

@Pickles group

u realize dom's not white, right? You can disagree with him without completely invalidating his experiences or ability to talk about racism

bows

Fuck off.

No.

Yes, I'm a mean bitter tr*nny deviant fuck who probably shouldn't even be alive, my parents have already covered this.

Well it’s about time you started working on that. I speak earnestly. We do not choose the damages inflicted on us as children. But it is our responsibility to choose to grow nonetheless. I wish you luck.

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

You know I really didn't want to inject myself into this because for some reason you really piss me off, Dom. Probably the smugness? Idk, normally I don't get this upset with people based on a differing opinion but I guess you must be built different or something. Either way. How exactly is being a smug smartass "showing courtesy" in any sense of the term??

Deleted user

Okay, well, I assumed by his profile pic he was. But even if he isn't white, that still doesn't give him the right to talk about all of racism as a whole. Maybe the type that affects his specific people, but certainly not racism as a whole. Especially not clowning on leftists who usually try to be better, versus openly sympathizing with conservatives who generally never do, and often only get worse.

Deleted user

bows

Fuck off.

No.

Well it’s about time you started working on that. I speak earnestly. We do not choose the damages inflicted on us as children. But it is our responsibility to choose to grow nonetheless. I wish you luck.

Yes yes, be a sanctimonious prick. It's so enjoyable. And that was sarcasm before you get on my ass about it.

@Pickles group

Okay, well, I assumed by his profile pic he was. But even if he isn't white, that still doesn't give him the right to talk about all of racism as a whole. Maybe the type that affects his specific people, but certainly not racism as a whole. Especially not clowning on leftists who usually try to be better, versus openly sympathizing with conservatives who generally never do, and often only get worse.

…… people are allowed to talk about things that don't affect them, the problem comes when they talk over people that it does affect and try to silence them, which no one was doing or trying to do

Deleted user

…… people are allowed to talk about things that don't affect them, the problem comes when they talk over people that it does affect and try to silence them, which no one was doing or trying to do

I'm sorry, it appeared to me that "Dom" was. I have difficulty reading things and assume the worst, plus that guy just makes me very uncomfortable. That isn't an excuse for my behavior, simply an explanation.

@ElderGod-kirky group

neither party seem open to differing opinions, so in my surprisingly neutral opinion, i suggest y'all just drop the subject and either move on or stop responding. it's already getting nowhere and it's just started

dom, don't even argue with me
EDIT: actually, none of you argue with me. i'm not in the mood for that bullshit, so it won't get you anywhere

Deleted user

if he makes you that uncomfortable, block him?

hwhyever would I do that? It's rude.