forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@HighPockets group

Happiest Season looks so cute and I'm totally gonna watch it in a few years when I'm living on my own and hopefully also no longer feel mentally drained by watching movies

@croccin-champagne

hot take but romeo and juliet isn't a tragedy about kids being stupid and falling in love too fast. the real tragedy is the lack of understanding from their families and parents, who enforced their own beliefs and issues onto their children, who would have been the perfect way to end such a draining and detrimental feud, and in the process caused the deaths of their children who tried to get them to listen

Deleted user

hot take but romeo and juliet isn't a tragedy about kids being stupid and falling in love too fast. the real tragedy is the lack of understanding from their families and parents, who enforced their own beliefs and issues onto their children, who would have been the perfect way to end such a draining and detrimental feud, and in the process caused the deaths of their children who tried to get them to listen

i accept this take-

@croccin-champagne

Mmmm, very tempted to write holiday related drabbles for my couples specifically one couple aha but I can't find any prompts

fake dating for the holidays
throwing a christmas party
going to a christmas party
flight home somehow got switched and now they're stuck in a place they've never been
just steal the plot of every hallmark movie ever

@HighPockets group

YES THANK YOU!!!

@croccin-champagne

Can it not be both?

not really, because kids are just like that. in an ideal situation they'd 'fall in love' and then break up over something stupid because they're teenagers and that's what teenagers do. the tragedy of the play is their death basically being at the hands of their families. because their families refused to understand that their kids had no actual reason to hate each other, and continued to try forcing them apart when realistically, they'd have probably broken up in a week or two

@HighPockets group

Mmmm, very tempted to write holiday related drabbles for my couples specifically one couple aha but I can't find any prompts

fake dating for the holidays
throwing a christmas party
going to a christmas party
flight home somehow got switched and now they're stuck in a place they've never been
just steal the plot of every hallmark movie ever

sjakdfhgf thank you!!! I'm probably a bit too lazy to write anything (it's that kind of month :/) but maybe I will….
Then again I have been wanted to fuck around with Christmas Carol and It's A Wonderful Life AUs since last Christmas so maybe I'll try that.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Can it not be both?

not really, because kids are just like that. in an ideal situation they'd 'fall in love' and then break up over something stupid because they're teenagers and that's what teenagers do. the tragedy of the play is their death basically being at the hands of their families. because their families refused to understand that their kids had no actual reason to hate each other, and continued to try forcing them apart when realistically, they'd have probably broken up in a week or two

Exactly, considering how fast Romeo just- got over Rosaline 0.02 seconds after seeing Juliet for the first time, there's no way that relationship would last

@ElderGod-kirky group

RANT TIME

i get a piece of my writing into a magazine, and my mother has the audacity to claim that she needs to read what i'm putting out there?? mother, i am uncomfy with you reading it because you're homophobic, and it's a gay scene. i'm almost eighteen, nearly five-six months left. this is my writing, i can put out whatever the fuck i want to put out into the public without you scrutinizing it. i don't want you to read my writing, but you put me into a fucking corner, so now i'm pissed and forced to share it with you. have a nice day, because i sure as hell got mine ruined :)))

@Cloudy_is_trying_her_best

Probably bad advice but write something like. Really explicitly violent or something that she'd feel uncomfortable reading. If you don't have any triggers of course, don't do anything that's gonna hurt you in any way. If she says something like "you shouldn't be writing stuff like that" just say "no maybe it's just not for you and you shouldn't be reading it" Again, probably bad advice but it came to mind.

@HighPockets group

RANT TIME

i get a piece of my writing into a magazine, and my mother has the audacity to claim that she needs to read what i'm putting out there?? mother, i am uncomfy with you reading it because you're homophobic, and it's a gay scene. i'm almost eighteen, nearly five-six months left. this is my writing, i can put out whatever the fuck i want to put out into the public without you scrutinizing it. i don't want you to read my writing, but you put me into a fucking corner, so now i'm pissed and forced to share it with you. have a nice day, because i sure as hell got mine ruined :)))

Especially when then my parents are like "why aren't you in any writing competitions?? why don't you show me your writing???"
Like the reason I don't show you my writing is because most of the characters are queer and I'm not comfortable with you reading that knowing how you talk about queer people, and I don't want to have to out myself over my writing. I'm already uncomfortable enough with the fact that you read a super intense short story that I wrote last year (took third too, hell yeah!) and that you proceeded to send it to everyone in my family.

Deleted user

Um, yes, hi! I'll like to be rude to Shakespeare, especially Romeo and Juliet.
Okay so
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY PLAN TO GET MARRIED ALREADY??? THEY JUST MET AND SHARED ONE KISS!
That's not very healthy
And even if they survived the

That relationship wouldn't last long!!
Just, it feels insta-lovey, not that I'm one to talk about bad writing

Don't judge me, okay?

AND ANOTHER THING
Why do people think Shakespeare is high-brow? There's lots of d*ck/s-x jokes; if anything, it's low-brow!

Anyways, that's all.
Thanks for listening

@ElderGod-kirky group

it's so fucking frustrating dude. my entire family are insistent on reading what i write, and i don't want to. i don't want to show them my stuff because it isn't for them, it's for me and other people that aren't them, and for the most part, they won't like it, and i don't like the thought of them reading it

Deleted user

Why do people think Shakespeare is high-brow? There's lots of d*ck/s-x jokes; if anything, it's low-brow!

punches
hate all you want, but the guy could write

Deleted user

punches

First off, ow.
Second off, I ain't hating! I love Shakespeare! but it's frustrating to see people say that Shakespeare is fancy or whatnot…

@Pickles group

punches

First off, ow.
Second off, I ain't hating! I love Shakespeare! but it's frustrating to see people say that Shakespeare is fancy or whatnot…

Have you even read anything by him? Or like. More than romeo and juliet? sorry you have the thinking skills of a toddler babe but just because you do doesn't make an author bad.

Deleted user

punches

First off, ow.

Have you even read anything by him? Or like. More than romeo and juliet? sorry you have the thinking skills of a toddler babe but just because you do doesn't make an author bad.

I've read Hamlet as well! I'm just pointing out the flaws!
Let me just complain about one thing, geez

Deleted user

punches

First off, ow.

my man, this statement is probably coming from a guy who has only heard of the popular books
come back when you read something other than the constantly praised shit