forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@Pickles group

Y'all ever see some bookish drama and just go O.O
Because whenever I think of the Consensual Hex drama I sigh heavily and have to sit with my head in my palms for a solid 30 seconds.

Yeah fair, that was wild and I wasn't even there when it happened

@HighPockets group

Because whenever I think of the Consensual Hex drama I sigh heavily and have to sit with my head in my palms for a solid 30 seconds.

what the fuck

Did you look it up? Because holy shit is it Wild

@croccin-champagne

what the fuck

Did you look it up? Because holy shit is it Wild

no i didn't??? would google even recognize the search term?

@HighPockets group

Basically some author named Amanda Harlowe wrote an awesome-sounding book about a coven of queer witches who try to get revenge on a bunch of bros who cover up sexual assault on their college campus
Except it turns out that the author directly lifted three characters (including the villain) off of her ex-friends from college, without their consent, done to really specific details like their medical histories, sex lives, and hometowns. For all three of them. Each of them left a review on its Goodreads page

@HighPockets group

I feel so bad for her classmates too, imagine hearing that that Amanda chick you went to college with is writing a book, and then opening it up to read your personal details

I'd issue a restraining order.

@croccin-champagne

i'm very fuckin careful not to base characters off of people i know, i even try to avoid same names. it leads to unfair treatment and if something goes wrong in a friendship/whatever you'll suddenly start to treat that character badly(@ the author of my immortal). also in a case like this, it's just vagueposting and that's a very cowardly move

@croccin-champagne

I feel so bad for her classmates too, imagine hearing that that Amanda chick you went to college with is writing a book, and then opening it up to read your personal details

I'd issue a restraining order.

i-

@HighPockets group

I've got some characters that share names with irl friends, but purely out of coincidence and not on purpose (except for two that share surnames with Emi and Leo). I don't have any directly based off of people I know, although a handful are based off of characters I've seen them play/their specific takes on them.

@Pickles group

On the off chance that I would base a character off of someone I know, it would be like "wow they like Frankenstein and books" not intimate details about their appearance and sex life (beyond maybe "oh they're ace" but that's pretty different than a body count and being assaulted, at least in my opinion)
And when I have characters that have the same name as someone I know, it's not out of spite or anything, I just needed a name and liked the way it sounded

@Pickles group

I have a character named Evelyn and a girl named Holden and they're not super fleshed out yet but neither of them are based on her. Also a handful that she named because I'm bad at names

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

the most i ever steal are tiny pieces of y'all's personalities/mannerisms and since there's so many people to source from for so little characters it's nearly impossible to tell

@Moxie group

I had a character named Evelyn before I even knew it was your name. I also have a character named Dominic but he's nothing like Dom. I didn't even think about that when naming him.

@Moxie group

the most i ever steal are tiny pieces of y'all's personalities/mannerisms and since there's so many people to source from for so little characters it's nearly impossible to tell

Yeah same. Like sometimes I'll take one or two aspects from myself or one of my friends and then build an entirely new person off of that

@croccin-champagne

istg circe either picks the names for or helps me narrow down every single character name ever. the only time im not immediately going to her is when she's asleep or i already had the name picked when i was making the character

@croccin-champagne

somebody needs to start making actually interesting men's fashion and i'm about to take that upon myself because i also already need to supply plus size gals with good aesthetic clothes and the masses with fantasy adventurer clothes

but also a big part of the problem, i'm willing to bet, is that men somewhere along the line decided that masculinity meant the most boring ass clothes in plain ass patterns and exactly three colors, and that is seriously a tragedy in itself because ew

i just…need money and adjustable mannequins. catch me in culinary school also fucking around making clothing in my off time