forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

Deleted user

and unfortunately domino, that isn't how opinions work

Really? What do you mean? Aren’t there some inherently Wrong opinions?

my history class once had a debate on this that ended in literal SCREAMING so I will ✨ not be participating ✨

@HighPockets group

@gothleo
I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry, but I can't do this anymore. I don't know how to say what I need to, but I can't do this. Not anymore. I feel like I'm on eggshells when we interact and I know that's all in my head but I can't do it anymore, I just can't. I loved you, I really did, but I've changed, and I can't be the person I was when we were close. I'm sorry. I have to cut these ties.

Deleted user

It depends on your reasoning

Perhaps.

Yes. If you have no way to afford food, for example, sometimes you have to steal. And that's alright. Even though it should never have to come to that, sometimes it does.

Deleted user

@gothleo
I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry, but I can't do this anymore. I don't know how to say what I need to, but I can't do this. Not anymore. I feel like I'm on eggshells when we interact and I know that's all in my head but I can't do it anymore, I just can't. I loved you, I really did, but I've changed, and I can't be the person I was when we were close. I'm sorry. I have to cut these ties.

coolio ✨

@HighPockets group

I ranted at my dad about how much I hated Allegiant for a solid half hour while on our walk tonight, and that feels relevant to this chat due to our….feelings on Divergent.

@HighPockets group

I ranted at my dad about how much I hated Allegiant for a solid half hour while on our walk tonight, and that feels relevant to this chat due to our….feelings on Divergent.

Me: And she just kills off all the interesting characters from the first two books, like she knew the deaths in Mockingjay had impact but didn't know why!
My family members, listening to the same rant for the third time this month:

Deleted user

Stay gold, Leo.

I always do.

Good. I want you to live a happy and prosperous life, even if I'm not really in it.

lmao what am I supposed to say to this

@croccin-champagne

Me: And she just kills off all the interesting characters from the first two books, like she knew the deaths in Mockingjay had impact but didn't know why!

tris? again i'll say it her concept was gold even if it was a bit cliche bcs it could have been written very well, especially with heavy focus on wondering if her choice was simply a moment of teenage rebellion or something deeper, showing more of her missing her family and resenting them for trapping her as a kid or thanking them for raising her to think she could make that decision

but alas. roth didn't get that. same as she didn't get character death

@HighPockets group

tris? again i'll say it her concept was gold even if it was a bit cliche bcs it could have been written very well, especially with heavy focus on wondering if her choice was simply a moment of teenage rebellion or something deeper, showing more of her missing her family and resenting them for trapping her as a kid or thanking them for raising her to think she could make that decision

but alas. roth didn't get that. same as she didn't get character death

Tris, but also the side characters. You don't get to connect to any since Roth introduces them and kills them super quickly after.
I genuinely hate how the mom was retconned to be a plant, because the scene where she's revealed to be not only originally Dauntless, but Divergent? Gold. The best moment in the first book, imo. And then it's ruined by a lazy retcon along with all of the admittedly lackluster worldbuilding
I've only read 2 YA books that have pulled off killing the lead, and those are

Honestly Divergent also could've been a great allegory for neurotypical vs neurodivergent brains but alas.

@HighPockets group

Y'know, the more I think about the ending for All The Bright Places, the more pissed off I get.
They used his death as a scavenger hunt. The lead killed himself and left a path to the location as a scavenger hunt for his depressed girlfriend to follow. In what world is that okay? How did that get through editing???

@croccin-champagne

all the bright places is bad on every level

oh my GOD SOMEBODY ELSE HAS READ THE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES

dude that book taught me to punch and was like middle school sage's everything for a while and then for the longest time i couldnt remember the title just the cover and i tried so hard to find it and only managed to when someone posted about it somewhere and i recognized it

@HighPockets group

I READ IT THIS SUMMER AND LOVED IT!!! I've read two other McGinnis books (Heroine and Be Not Far From Me) and both were so good??? Not as good as The Female of the Species but still solid reads

@croccin-champagne

djjkdfdsjk i'll have to look into those cause like a) feminist books at their best and b) that book fucking ripped me apart in the middle of the commons at school. like a dumbass i was finishing it at school before school started and i started fucking crying fdshjds

@HighPockets group

Another one of hers is on Hoopla so I want to pick it up at some point. Heroine is about heroin addiction and Be Not Far From Me is about being trapped in the wilderness.

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Finnick

@Pickles group

Katniss Everdeen is the YA heroine. Fuck your Tris, fuck your Bella, fuck your Annabeth, fuck your goddamn Hermione, Katniss Everdeen is an absolute icon and anyone who says she isn't has shit taste and poor reading comprehension.

Bella fucking sucked, man. I know she was supposed to be a sort of blank slate who only reacted for girls to project onto, but she was a whiny bitch and a terrible role model for young girls who were supposed to imagine themselves as her. So maybe. Idk. Make her less terrible and obnoxious??

@HighPockets group

I genuinely can't believe that we got the Twilight spinoff or whatever this year. Also how did Meyer keep it under wraps for so long?? I swear I didn't hear anything about it til like July lmao and it dropped last week