forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@The-N-U-T-Cracker

I have my Mockingjay pins and I will wear them with pride.

oooo. i want to collect pins but i have literally nothing to wear them on lmao. and also i wont pay for hot topic pins so that option for acquiring goes out unless im stealing(which unfortunately harms the employees more than the corporation so)

take them from hobby lobby
I'm pretty sure they have some pins
"If it's a chain it's free reign, if it's hobby lobby the world is your oyster. Steal from them, they're homophobic."

wait what

@croccin-champagne

also!!!!

stop! romanticizing! self! harm! in! fanfiction!!!!!

I am SICK AND TIRED of reading the same "'what are you doing babe?' he asked, gently removing the blade from my hands and gently wrapping up my arm. 'Promise me you'll never do it again.' 'I promise, Harry.'" lIKE, FUCK NO. SELF HARM IS NOT ROMANTIC. IT'S NOT CUTE AND IT'S NOT QUIRKY AND IT'S THE RESULT OF MENTAL ILLNESS. FUCK YOU FANFICTION AUTHORS WHO THINK YOUR CHARACTER'S SELF HATRED AND DEPRESSIVE DISORDER ARE JUST ANOTHER THING TO FANTASIZE ABOUT.

while i fully support this message i gotta just very kindly remind you that big letters are oof

but moving past that seriously it's so bad and i hate it you're right. like wow! that's gonna work!! self harming is out babey!

@HighPockets group

also!!!!

stop! romanticizing! self! harm! in! fanfiction!!!!!

I am SICK AND TIRED of reading the same "'what are you doing babe?' he asked, gently removing the blade from my hands and gently wrapping up my arm. 'Promise me you'll never do it again.' 'I promise, Harry.'" lIKE, FUCK NO. SELF HARM IS NOT ROMANTIC. IT'S NOT CUTE AND IT'S NOT QUIRKY AND IT'S THE RESULT OF MENTAL ILLNESS. FUCK YOU FANFICTION AUTHORS WHO THINK YOUR CHARACTER'S SELF HATRED AND DEPRESSIVE DISORDER ARE JUST ANOTHER THING TO FANTASIZE ABOUT.

YES THANK YOU!!
It's not cute, it's not romantic, if I ever walked in on my friend/partner/whatever self harming, I wouldn't go "oh babe, don't do that again" and gently take away the razor, I would freak out and panic! someone I love is hurting themself! that isn't cute or sexy!! stop doing this you shitty writer!!

@HighPockets group

ya writers love to pick the most pretty and easy symptoms of mental illness and then further make them less than they are

Mmmhmm
It kinda ties into this other YA thing that I see a lot, where people like the idea of morally grey characters but then get mad when the lead in a book does something questionable. Like, what were you expecting? The assassin to sit around wearing frilly dresses and eating candy instead of plucking a man's eye out?

@berlioz

^^^
I'm all for characters with mental illness. I'm all for plot points built around that mental illness. I'm all for fiction books devoted to explore mental illness.
I'm not for mental illness being used in- to capsulate- stupid, romantic, misinforming, or edgy ways. That's not how we do this, people.

@croccin-champagne

ya writers love to pick the most pretty and easy symptoms of mental illness and then further make them less than they are

Mmmhmm
It kinda ties into this other YA thing that I see a lot, where people like the idea of morally grey characters but then get mad when the lead in a book does something questionable. Like, what were you expecting? The assassin to sit around wearing frilly dresses and eating candy instead of plucking a man's eye out?

#nobodysaidkazbrekkerwasn'tabadperson

@HighPockets group

Mmmhmm

Exactly! The point of the Crows is that they're bad people, and yet people complain about Kaz…being a bad person? What did you expect??

@croccin-champagne

^^^
I'm all for characters with mental illness. I'm all for plot points built around that mental illness. I'm all for fiction books devoted to explore mental illness.
I'm not for mental illness being used in- to capsulate- stupid, romantic, misinforming, or edgy ways. That's not how we do this, people.

shoutout to all the bright places for checking that box and turning what could have been a terrifying story about toxic and codependent relationships resulting from untreated bpd into a love story

@HighPockets group

^^^

Cough AllTheBrightPlaces Cough

@croccin-champagne

^^^

copy cat

@HighPockets group

^^^

copy cat

D: I didn't see it but I'm glad we're united in our hatred for that bullshit book
Not to mention that it's literally just The Fault In Our Stars but with mental illness and not cancer-

@croccin-champagne

Mmmhmm

Exactly! The point of the Crows is that they're bad people, and yet people complain about Kaz…being a bad person? What did you expect??

he's part of a gang, janice. they're not supposed to be incredible people.

also on that topic one of my favorite depictions of the actual shit that goes on in gangs and organized crime syndicates is sons of anarchy. like they seriously got it spot on. part of that is due to the writer of the show doing his homework and becoming friends with the founder/leader of the hell's angels and spending like a year with that to learn about what it was like. is it disturbing, messed up and horrid? yeah but that's kinda expected form criminals lmao

@berlioz

Oo I'm also all for mental illness being expressed in poetic ways. That's what art is for. But there's a line between romantisizing and taking mental illness to weird, unhealthy places and actually looking at it from a deep, creative perspective. Case in point-

@croccin-champagne

^^^

copy cat

D: I didn't see it but I'm glad we're united in our hatred for that bullshit book
Not to mention that it's literally just The Fault In Our Stars but with mental illness and not cancer-

okay listen the scariest fucking part about that movie was that i literally lived that. i was stuck in that main girl's position and that is terrifying to look back on

@ElderGod-kirky group

^^^

I am attempting to fulfil those check marks with one of my projects, so hopefully I don't disappoint once the time comes

@croccin-champagne

Didn’t think I had to say this but DON’T STEAL. You steal without hunger you’re a filthy maggot.

hsdhdhj i'm morally and physically incapable of stealing bcs my mom was a retail worker and i'd feel so bad imagining the repercussions on someone who just really wants to get through a day of hell

Deleted user

my opinions on stealing appear to be different than those of the general public

@HighPockets group

^^^

copy cat

okay listen the scariest fucking part about that movie was that i literally lived that. i was stuck in that main girl's position and that is terrifying to look back on

Never watched the movie but I read the book and loathed it
The worst part for me was how they romanticized not getting help and how that literally led to the guy killing himself but it was never really commented on by the book? Also turning his suicide into a fucking scavenger hunt to help Violet "see the world" or whatever is repulsive, I can't believe that was in a published book.

Deleted user

It depends on your reasoning

and unfortunately domino, that isn't how opinions work