forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@ccb group

It's so weird that 99% of people say they are depressed. I wonder if all are (not meaning to throw shade to anyone at all). But also, if they are, how the hell did it happen (supposing it's not what all humans go through)?

I feel like a lot of Zoomers fall into a doomer mentality due to the general state of the world
As for me, I genuinely don't know what triggered my depression, just that I got it in 8th grade.

i think on the bright side, part of the reason why depression seems so much more common now is because we have the diagnostic tools to recognize it and more of a dialogue surrounding mental health than we used to. granted, i think a part of my own poor mental health has to do with academic/career pressure (which is why i'm feeling it right now lmao, but it's been that way since i was a kid)

Very true!! A lot of my anxiety is due to academic and career pressure, as well as being in the closet.
Have you read Radio Silence by Alice Oseman? It deals with academic pressure really well and it's by my favorite author.

i haven't but people have been telling me i need to read her work! next time i buy books she'll be at the top of my list.

@Fraust

I feel like I've always had the anxiety to some extent tbh, but at this point, I'd consider it to be semi-crippling (usually I'm just sorta shaky/antsy but can deal with it fine, but then I also had several separate panic attacks in the process of trying to record myself doing a speech, so…)

@HighPockets group

It's so weird that 99% of people say they are depressed. I wonder if all are (not meaning to throw shade to anyone at all). But also, if they are, how the hell did it happen (supposing it's not what all humans go through)?

I feel like a lot of Zoomers fall into a doomer mentality due to the general state of the world
As for me, I genuinely don't know what triggered my depression, just that I got it in 8th grade.

i think on the bright side, part of the reason why depression seems so much more common now is because we have the diagnostic tools to recognize it and more of a dialogue surrounding mental health than we used to. granted, i think a part of my own poor mental health has to do with academic/career pressure (which is why i'm feeling it right now lmao, but it's been that way since i was a kid)

Very true!! A lot of my anxiety is due to academic and career pressure, as well as being in the closet.
Have you read Radio Silence by Alice Oseman? It deals with academic pressure really well and it's by my favorite author.

i haven't but people have been telling me i need to read her work! next time i buy books she'll be at the top of my list.

My favorite by her is Solitaire (which is where I got my username from) but Radio Silence is a close second
I Was Born For This is really good too, and I'm super excited to read Loveless!!
Also her webcomic Heartstopper is online for free-

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Spoilered for heavy stuff ig and mention of self harm

I know I don't know you, but I'm sorry that it ever got that bad, I personally never had it that bad. If you ever are sad or need cheering up, hit me up !

@ccb group

Since I am an Asian Kid, I was always held with extremely high expectations
One day, I didn't meet them
and then one day turned into 2 days, into months.
Then my dad left.
But I think I've accepted it and I'm getting much better.

:( i'm so glad you're getting better <3

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

Since I am an Asian Kid, I was always held with extremely high expectations
One day, I didn't meet them
and then one day turned into 2 days, into months.
Then my dad left.
But I think I've accepted it and I'm getting much better.

I hope you can work through it well.

Also. #EthnicKidsWithHighExpectationsClub

@croccin-champagne

oh nah dude if you want to that's cool! i was just eyeing the roll bcs angelica was taken and i happen to be able to rap pretty much all of his songs

Nah you can if you want! Or we could swap out between acts or something
Also yeah Dom, I'm guessing mine was both hormones and my imminent graduation

i call my shot then at the very least lmao

@HighPockets group

I feel like I've always had the anxiety to some extent tbh, but at this point, I'd consider it to be semi-crippling (usually I'm just sorta shaky/antsy but can deal with it fine, but then I also had several separate panic attacks in the process of trying to record myself doing a speech, so…)

Oh yeah, that definitely sounds like some kind of panic disorder
My first and worst panic attack was before a winter choir concert, my arms went numb and I got blurry white tunnel vision and felt all lightheaded, so I staggered offstage and half-collapsed in the hallway. I felt numb for the rest of the night, and threw up the next day.

@ccb group

Spoilered for heavy stuff ig and mention of self harm

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Thank you @ccb37 , I am glad to say I am no longer depressed though I'm still forced to take meds for it, apparently they need to see how I react in high school

also thank you Dom!

@HighPockets group

oh nah dude if you want to that's cool! i was just eyeing the roll bcs angelica was taken and i happen to be able to rap pretty much all of his songs

Aight, I call The World Was Wide Enough
Dom should be George Washington-

@Fraust

I just want to clarify that it was my sister in the "mental hospital", not me aha. It definitely deeply affected me, though, and wasn't helped by my parents saying it shouldn't have affected me so much. It hit a little harder than it might for someone else because I was only eleven and hadn't really experienced anything bad before that. I sort of developed a fear of people because I'd finally seen what they could do, and I was even afraid of myself. And while obviously it's horrible that it was like that for my sister, I feel like seeing her not gain anything from self harm has really helped me to not self harm personally (I've only done it a couple times)

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Dom gives off Washington vibes

@HighPockets group

Ooh also I call Seabury for Farmer Refuted, I've already done Hamilton for that song-

@croccin-champagne

actually dom, temporary depression is a thing! it's a bit different from a bad mood, often caused by the loss of a loved one, stress, or other circumstances, but can be completely unrelated, such as seasonal(which is actually usually cause of rain/dark and bcs sun scientifically makes you happy). if left untreated it can develop into a permanent depression, which is expected.

Idk exactly how I have it, but I'd say if there's a thing between temporary and permanent I have it. It runs in the family and is pretty common in ADD which I probably have I've backed down on ADHD bc I'm not as sure I'm hyperactive. But I have a decent handle on it so for that I'm grateful.

i actually just recently was told i had gone from hyperactive to not, so i guess same hat lmao. also yeah it's super common, and also not to mention the fact that i'm an ex-gifted kid who burnt the hell out and for a while still had incredible expectations placed on me because of a previous academic track record i had fought tooth and nail to keep

also a fun side note, the only reason i actually got diagnosed with adhd as baby sage was bcs 1. my mother pushed hard for it to be tested bcs she recognized the symptoms and 2. i had adhd, more commonly found in boys and also i showed the signs more commonly expressed in boys. most girls with add/adhd never get diagnosed because it shows differently in female kids than it does boys

@croccin-champagne

Ooh also I call Seabury for Farmer Refuted, I've already done Hamilton for that song-

all yours, does that mean i can have non stop too or would you want claim to a faster paced song?

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

actually dom, temporary depression is a thing! it's a bit different from a bad mood, often caused by the loss of a loved one, stress, or other circumstances, but can be completely unrelated, such as seasonal(which is actually usually cause of rain/dark and bcs sun scientifically makes you happy). if left untreated it can develop into a permanent depression, which is expected.

Idk exactly how I have it, but I'd say if there's a thing between temporary and permanent I have it. It runs in the family and is pretty common in ADD which I probably have I've backed down on ADHD bc I'm not as sure I'm hyperactive. But I have a decent handle on it so for that I'm grateful.

i actually just recently was told i had gone from hyperactive to not,

Holy pumpkin that's a thing!

@HighPockets group

i actually just recently was told i had gone from hyperactive to not, so i guess same hat lmao. also yeah it's super common, and also not to mention the fact that i'm an ex-gifted kid who burnt the hell out and for a while still had incredible expectations placed on me because of a previous academic track record i had fought tooth and nail to keep

also a fun side note, the only reason i actually got diagnosed with adhd as baby sage was bcs 1. my mother pushed hard for it to be tested bcs she recognized the symptoms and 2. i had adhd, more commonly found in boys and also i showed the signs more commonly expressed in boys. most girls with add/adhd never get diagnosed because it shows differently in female kids than it does boys

Oh hey former gifted child squad-
Also yeah, a lot of autistic girls are misdiagnosed with ADD, sometimes I wonder if I'd have gotten my diagnosis if my special interest had been like Disney princesses or something as opposed to Star Wars, and if I hadn't exhibited some more commonly male symptoms

@Pickles group

Hm. Dom and I's maybe adhd/add are pretty close with the main exception that he likes human contact and I hate it

@HighPockets group

all yours, does that mean i can have non stop too or would you want claim to a faster paced song?

You can be Ham for Act 1 and I can be someone else
Idk who though lol

@Pickles group

Also I call Washington during cabinet battle 1 because I did him and Madison in eighth grade and it was fun as pumpkins

@croccin-champagne

i actually just recently was told i had gone from hyperactive to not,

Holy pumpkin that's a thing!

yes!! as kids get older, they change of course, and sometimes disorders and things change with them! as i grew older i mellowed out, partially out of spite, and though i still don't ever get to focus on anything–likely my executive dysfunction, also caused by adhd and depression–i at the very least am not always go go go. i still have my moments tho unfortunately, usually during times of high stress, such as anxiety attacks or preceding them.