forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@croccin-champagne

bringing up the hamilton convo again, did anyone call ham? i cannot remember lmao

as for what's currently happening, i told you guys, all that needed to be done was ignoring her. she doesn't want help, advice, or to better herself. she wants to be an ass on the internet without repercussions but didn't expect people to not sit back and take her verbal abuse. being fifteen and depressed is far from a reason to act this way, and we all know it

@Althalosian-is-the-father book

It's so weird that 99% of people say they are depressed. I wonder if all are (not meaning to throw shade to anyone at all). But also, if they are, how the hell did it happen (supposing it's not what all humans go through)?

@HighPockets group

Red was going to, then I mentioned that I could but he could have it, but I guess he's going to be Jefferson/Lafayette?
You can be Ham if you want lol, I'm not picky-
Also I'm not lead material lmao

@HighPockets group

It's so weird that 99% of people say they are depressed. I wonder if all are (not meaning to throw shade to anyone at all). But also, if they are, how the hell did it happen (supposing it's not what all humans go through)?

I feel like a lot of Zoomers fall into a doomer mentality due to the general state of the world
As for me, I genuinely don't know what triggered my depression, just that I got it in 8th grade.

@Fraust

I've been officially diagnosed, and I don't doubt that several others here are. Mental illnesses seem to be common in the creative communities from what I've seen. However, a lot of people will also fake it for attention, or will mistake feeling sad for actually being depressed

@Pickles group

I think it's a thing a lot of young kids say without really thinking, because they don't really understand what it's like to have depression and how rude it is to claim without a diagnosis. It's usually really only until you're actually diagnosed or you have a friend with depression who points out that you can't go around saying those things that they actually stop. Not to say that I know if the person has a diagnosis or not

@HighPockets group

You probably have more theater experience than most of us.

I mean, in sheer numbers probably. I've been in six shows, but I've been ensemble/very minor parts for all but two. I guess I've done theatre lessons though.

@Fraust

Spoilered for heavy stuff ig and mention of self harm

As for me, I genuinely don't know what triggered my depression, just that I got it in 8th grade.

My trigger was hormones!!!!!!. But once I got older it chilled. I've had only like three ~episodes~ this year which I think is fantastic with everything we're dealing with. Quarantine really hurt.
And also I know I said it already but I'm so grateful for you guys. Especially because you got me when I have a bit of a breakdown.

@croccin-champagne

oh nah dude if you want to that's cool! i was just eyeing the roll bcs angelica was taken and i happen to be able to rap pretty much all of his songs

actually dom, temporary depression is a thing! it's a bit different from a bad mood, often caused by the loss of a loved one, stress, or other circumstances, but can be completely unrelated, such as seasonal(which is actually usually cause of rain/dark and bcs sun scientifically makes you happy). if left untreated it can develop into a permanent depression, which is expected.

teenagers, too, often have a sort of depression spawned from existing. yeah, from existing lmao. the stress of highschool, parents, friends and relationships all add in, even if you're missing some of them. also, while trying to develop as a person and figure out who you are and your place in the world. it's only natural to feel a bit lost and lacking with all things considered, hence the depression, even if it shows in wildly different ways

@HighPockets group

I really hate the whole "the best artists are depressed!" thing (not a callout or anything Maddie, just going off your creatives with depression point). I've had people tell me that it's weird that I want meds since I'm "so creative" and they'd "make me a zombie", but I'd rather be alive and a little less "creative" than a dead genius.

@ccb group

I feel like a lot of Zoomers fall into a doomer mentality due to the general state of the world

i think on the bright side, part of the reason why depression seems so much more common now is because we have the diagnostic tools to recognize it and more of a dialogue surrounding mental health than we used to. granted, i think a part of my own poor mental health has to do with academic/career pressure (which is why i'm feeling it right now lmao, but it's been that way since i was a kid)

I mean, in sheer numbers probably. I've been in six shows, but I've been ensemble/very minor parts for all but two. I guess I've done theatre lessons though.

Dude I can't wait til you meet Ren. She's a great friend of mine I got on here. (The one who was talking about the Onceler and commented the Out of Context.) She's a real theater girl who is all in all super cool.

@HighPockets group

Spoilered for heavy stuff ig and mention of self harm

@HighPockets group

Dude I can't wait til you meet Ren. She's a great friend of mine I got on here. (The one who was talking about the Onceler and commented the Out of Context.) She's a real theater girl who is all in all super cool.

D: nice!!

@HighPockets group

i think on the bright side, part of the reason why depression seems so much more common now is because we have the diagnostic tools to recognize it and more of a dialogue surrounding mental health than we used to. granted, i think a part of my own poor mental health has to do with academic/career pressure (which is why i'm feeling it right now lmao, but it's been that way since i was a kid)

Very true!! A lot of my anxiety is due to academic and career pressure, as well as being in the closet.
Have you read Radio Silence by Alice Oseman? It deals with academic pressure really well and it's by my favorite author.

actually dom, temporary depression is a thing! it's a bit different from a bad mood, often caused by the loss of a loved one, stress, or other circumstances, but can be completely unrelated, such as seasonal(which is actually usually cause of rain/dark and bcs sun scientifically makes you happy). if left untreated it can develop into a permanent depression, which is expected.

Idk exactly how I have it, but I'd say if there's a thing between temporary and permanent I have it. It runs in the family and is pretty common in ADD which I probably have I've backed down on ADHD bc I'm not as sure I'm hyperactive. But I have a decent handle on it so for that I'm grateful.

@HighPockets group

oh nah dude if you want to that's cool! i was just eyeing the roll bcs angelica was taken and i happen to be able to rap pretty much all of his songs

Nah you can if you want! Or we could swap out between acts or something
Also yeah Dom, I'm guessing mine was both hormones and my imminent graduation

i think on the bright side, part of the reason why depression seems so much more common now is because we have the diagnostic tools to recognize it and more of a dialogue surrounding mental health than we used to.

Good point!

@Brooklyn_Is_Here

Since I am an Asian Kid, I was always held with extremely high expectations
One day, I didn't meet them
and then one day turned into 2 days, into months.
Then my dad left.
But I think I've accepted it and I'm getting much better.