forum The Roodeness Shenanigans
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 110 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

It's not necessarily the police that want an answer. Don't forget the court proceedings. The judge/jury, depending on the level of crime, just want to see someone pay, even if that person is innocent

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Enter true crime and all the ways police have fucked over innocent people to fit their agenda that everyone who's not like them (cis, het, white, conservative, Christian, etc) is evil

Exactly
And according to them, I'm evil times at least 5!

@HighPockets group

Oh same
Especially since I'm autistic and so eye contact isn't really something I do easily, and that's seen as a sign of lying
Not to mention that I have ADD and anxiety, so I wouldn't be able to handle questioning too well

@HighPockets group

It's not necessarily the police that want an answer. Don't forget the court proceedings. The judge/jury, depending on the level of crime, just want to see someone pay, even if that person is innocent

Cue 12 Angry Jurors
We were supposed to do that show before quarantine hit, it hits different now-

@Pickles group

Ick yeah
There was one case (can't remember which) that the jury "didn't know" they were supposed to reach a unanimous decision. Even though everyone knows that and they were told right before
And I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to show the jury crime scene pictures because it'll sway them

@ElderGod-Icefire

Ick yeah
There was one case (can't remember which) that the jury "didn't know" they were supposed to reach a unanimous decision. Even though everyone knows that and they were told right before
And I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to show the jury crime scene pictures because it'll sway them

Yeah. I read an article about a guy who had spent like…fifty years in jail for a crime he didn't commit. You know why? He was a young black man without a good alibi. So he spent fifty years wrongfully imprisoned, and fought the court system for like ten years trying to get the verdict rescinded. He eventually won his freedom again, but still. Fifty years of his life, gone and wasted

@HighPockets group

I've done Mock Trial and while it's obviously not the same as a normal jury, you really get to see how bias changes the outcome of cases
One case I did was a child abuse one iirc and the kids in the jury ignored the evidence I had for the defense and sided with the prosecution, despite there being visible holes in their story.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

Ick yeah

Yeah. I read an article about a guy who had spent like…fifty years in jail for a crime he didn't commit. You know why? He was a young black man without a good alibi. So he spent fifty years wrongfully imprisoned, and fought the court system for like ten years trying to get the verdict rescinded. He eventually won his freedom again, but still. Fifty years of his life, gone and wasted

I really wish I didn't have to be genuinely scared of that happening to me.

@croccin-champagne

would also like to point out that most of the signs of lying they operate on in interrogations are signs of abuse. habits developed by abuse victims to protect themselves. no eye contact, lying about whereabouts, lying about things that don't need to be lied about, getting panicky when pressed

@HighPockets group

would also like to point out that most of the signs of lying they operate on in interrogations are signs of abuse. habits developed by abuse victims to protect themselves. no eye contact, lying about whereabouts, lying about things that don't need to be lied about, getting panicky when pressed

I didn't know that, it's interesting! Thank you for sharing!

@ElderGod-Icefire

Ick yeah

I'm so sorry, Ash

@croccin-champagne

Ick yeah

my dad's childhood friend went to prison because he was black and a woman claimed he raped her. he didn't, everyone in my family is well aware of that because she was a known liar who i think had done the same thing before and it was found to legit be false, and because he's literally like. a good person who just has problems

don't get me wrong i think he's a giant man child but also my family operates on vibes and things we know, and this man passes every test. he's just stupid that's it

@Pickles group

I've done Mock Trial and while it's obviously not the same as a normal jury, you really get to see how bias changes the outcome of cases
One case I did was a child abuse one iirc and the kids in the jury ignored the evidence I had for the defense and sided with the prosecution, despite there being visible holes in their story.

Mock Trials are stupid because everyone is a bunch of twelve year old shits who don't know what's going on and the jury votes for their friends. Mock Congress was stupid too because no one knew what was going on, no one cared at all, and nearly everyone's a bunch of slightly racist fuckheads who can't comprehend what's a good idea and what's a bad idea. Half of gen z literally sucks and we're all screwed. Sometimes I almost hope we all die of global warming so future generations don't have to deal with us being boomers. But maybe that's just my school

@croccin-champagne

no problem! it sucks to see it but unfortunately a lot of testimony is forced because of things like that, people will say anything to get out of trouble and that can lead to bad things when the person in charge is biased

also seriously tho. doesn't like everyone get panicky when repeatedly told you're lying. how is that a valid sign of lying.

@HighPockets group

Not to mention those studies where a jury is given two identical hypothetical crimes (one committed by a white guy and one committed by a black guy) and they sentenced the black guy harder, despite the crimes being identical.
I don't remember what they were called but I know I've heard of them before-

@HighPockets group

Mock Trials are stupid because everyone is a bunch of twelve year old shits who don't know what's going on and the jury votes for their friends. Mock Congress was stupid too because no one knew what was going on, no one cared at all, and nearly everyone's a bunch of slightly racist fuckheads who can't comprehend what's a good idea and what's a bad idea. Half of gen z literally sucks and we're all screwed. Sometimes I almost hope we all die of global warming so future generations don't have to deal with us being boomers. But maybe that's just my school

The lefty zoomers are pretty good, but the others…are not.

@ElderGod-Icefire

That's because gen Z is literally the representation of what's going on in our political parties. Z's raised conservatively/in a Republican home, that are Republicans themselves? Tend to be even more gung ho guns guns guns than their parents. Whereas lefty Z's tend to a bit more laid-back, at least in my experience

@HighPockets group

To lighten the mood, my dad is now banned from picking hiking locations because the one I went to today ended with all of us following a barely visible trail, sinking up to my ankles in warm, stinky mud and water multiple times, and getting my legs all cut up by really awful plants.
Fun times.

@Pickles group

look up the West Memphis 3, the way the police deal with it is fucking abominable and just thinking about it makes me scream. Shameless plug again , Morbid: A True Crime Podcast has three super detailed episodes on it plus the girls are really rad and one of their names is Ash and she's adorable and gay at least I think. She has a gf.

@ElderGod-Icefire

To lighten the mood, my dad is now banned from picking hiking locations because the one I went to today ended with all of us following a barely visible trail, sinking up to my ankles in warm, stinky mud and water multiple times, and getting my legs all cut up by really awful plants.
Fun times.

Ew that's nasty

@HighPockets group

That's because gen Z is literally the representation of what's going on in our political parties. Z's raised conservatively/in a Republican home, that are Republicans themselves? Tend to be even more gung ho guns guns guns than their parents. Whereas lefty Z's tend to a bit more laid-back, at least in my experience

Big true. Most of my friends are either lefty zoomers or centrist/slightly conservative zoomers and all very chill, but there's a lot of super conservative zoomers that make me worried about our future. Apparently Tik Tok in particular has a ton of conservative zoomers.

@HighPockets group

Fun times.

Ew that's nasty

My Keens went from light tan to dark brown in 45 minutes :[

@ElderGod-Icefire

Big true. Most of my friends are either lefty zoomers or centrist/slightly conservative zoomers and all very chill, but there's a lot of super conservative zoomers that make me worried about our future. Apparently Tik Tok in particular has a ton of conservative zoomers.

My younger brother is super guns guns guns and it makes me really worried, because I…am not

@ElderGod-Icefire

Fun times.

Ew that's nasty

My Keens went from light tan to dark brown in 45 minutes :[

:[

gotta go to bed now tho sorry, can talk again tomorrow sometime

@Pickles group

Tik Tok zoomers deserve their own category and it should be said with more disdain than the way Republicans say "liberal"
When we did mock congress, this one pasty white boy who's never been discriminated against in his life stood up and gave a spiel about how affirmative action isn't fair and should be abolished. It should be noted that all our teacher said on affirmative action was that colleges might accept a girl or a person of color over a white boy with the same grades